Which playoff scenario would you like better for the Texans?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Sigma, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Sigma

Sigma All Pro

here you can do the math, which teams would you rather go against in the postseason?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I'm not asking what teams will likely get to the post season, I would like to know what scenario according to you would be the best for the Texans

And if you want, please explain your thoughts :D

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

i would want to play new england. To me they dont have THAT great of an offense. Wes Welker is their best WR, although they do have a damn good TE.

But the reason i want to play them is because they have a very weak run and pass defense. With the way things have been going for the offense we need to play a team that sucks that bad on that side of the ball, and let our strength (DEFENSE) deal with their strength (OFFENSE).

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If I had my rathers. I'd take the first round bye, we'd have a good chance against Baltimore. As is. I want to play Concurrent at home, Pittsburgh on the road & New England in the AFC Championship game.

That's our best chance to get to the Super Bowl.

4. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

I certainly would prefer a bye, but that is now gone.

So now, I want Cincy. They have a solid D but our D handled their offense well on the road in Cincy. The Texans hold the psychological advantage here since Cincy is a young team also and not used to success. I don't want Pitt. Sadly in Reliant there will be a TON of Pitt fans. The home field advantage won't be as good and the Steelers are a veteran team used to success. I also don't want the Jets for similar reasons to the Steelers.

I don't want the Titans becuase I don't want Bud to knock us out.

5. burro

burro almost sentient

It's not completely improbable that we'll end up playing Oakland in the Wild Card game, which I think would be our best bet for a playoff win. From there we would play Baltimore in the divisional game and, should we win that we'd either play Pittsburgh or New England in the AFC Championship, of which I think New England would be the easier game to win. Should the stars align and we get that far, I could only hope that we play the Giants in the Super Bowl.

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I'm fine with the 3rd seed and a home game against the 6th. 1 win at home in the first round is probably as good as we're going to get this year. I'll be rooting my butt off for more success, but I don't think it's likely.

7. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I hope we play tenn since we can play our scout team wk17. And then play them agian. They will be playing for everything we will be playing for. Nothing

Then we will prob play the ravens they can be beaten. But they did kick our. Butt last time we played them. But we hand no aj

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Drunk. You is? Hehe.

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Drunk. You is? Hehe.

Christmas merry. :worldpeace:

10. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

thats why i was so down on the loss to the colts, u said it was a meaningless loss :toropalm: i'm confused.

Yes a bye week would of been the best scenario but it is what it is, maybe next year.

11. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

12. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Oakland then NE.

Bengals ran all over the Texans and AJ Green took it to Joseph pretty good.

With Oakland, you can catch them on a bad day where they commit penalties and WRs can't catch a cold.

13. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Benson did run all over us in the first half with 90+ yards, but was held to -1 or so in the 2nd half.

I do agree with wanting to play Oakland though. With a healthy Andre. That game from earlier in the year still gives me a bad taste of my mouth, and I don't think the ghost of Al Davis will be there to bail them out this time.

14. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Seymour and Kelly held our run game in check all game long. We lost to Oakland, and that was at home. I'd like to play Cincy with a healthy Andre Johnson and take our chances. They have a banged up secondary and we should be able to throw on them.

15. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

I don't want the titans coming in here in the first round. Most of us have been Houston sports fans and suffered a lot of heartache over the years. I know how that one will play out for the home team. There would be shades of Mike Renfro refs, Frank Reich, Joe Montana, Steve McNair, and Vince Young thrown in throughout the game. The ghosts of the '86 Mets would walk over from the Dome just to help make sure Houston Football lore keeps it's traditions.

LOL. Merry Christmas everybody!!!

16. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

The reason this is a bad spot for the Texans is it'll be someone getting in the last week and geeked to the gills about it against someone playing without an edge (Texans) for 4 weeks. I bet the percentages in the Wildcard round where it sets up like this are pretty poor for the home team.

17. Cerberus

Cerberus Hall of Fame

Meanwhile in Oakland . . . fans are talking about the advantage of having Denver win the AFCW IF the Raiders are able to snag the wild-card, because they would prefer to play the Texans over the Steelers.

Raiders beat the Texans in Houston earlier this season, but that was with Jason Campbell and not Carson Palmer. Also, the Texans had Matt Schaub, not Yates at QB, but they were without Andre. It would be like two somewhat different teams playing one another. So, you can throw out the book on their last meeting.

Still, the easiest route for the Raiders appears to be as a WC team coming to Houston, whereas the easiest route for the Texans lies in the options between Cincy, Oakland, Tennessee and NY Jets. Personally, I think the Jests would be the best option, but they need a lot of help to get there. The more likely opponents appear to be the Bengals, then the Raiders, followed by the Titans, and finally the Jets. Or that is how I see it, especially after playing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine.

18. MistaRed

MistaRed All Pro

The Jets need to much help to get in. I think it comes down to the Bengals or the Raiders.

19. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

I prefer this years playoff scenario over the past 9 years playoffs scenarios.

drs23 likes this.
  20. Lucky

Lucky Moderator