Which one of our Offensive-Linemen should we support when Pro-Bowl Voting Begins ?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by IDEXAN, Oct 24, 2011.

1. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

The OLine had a tremendous and very effective performance Sunday: Schaub for the most part had ample time to throw the ball and best of all we had not one but two 100-yard runners in Arian & Ben.
    I think it's atleast time one of the these guys got some recognition in the form of a Pro-Bowl appearance, not just for himself but also as a rep for the entire line ? Afterall most people have been saying for a couple years now we've got one of the better offensive lines in the NFL. Somebody should have gone after Arians record year last year, but now it's really past due.

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I haven't gone back to study the game just yet. But just from a "cursory" view, I'd say Wade Smith. When he has a good game, we have a good game. Eric Winston also looked good, but Wade Smith blew me away...... just from a quick look.

3. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

havent been lookin closely at the line but from what ive seen over these years ive always thought the left side was better then the right

Brown&Wade have been playing lights out

and remember when we used to hate myers the center well hes stayed consisent and has improved greatly

Brisles is off and on from injury and winston sometimes plays so bad sometimes

IMO in the future im really thinking we could use a upgrades on da right side

4. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Duane Brown

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Seth Wand

6. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

On the Line
    How all 32 NFL teams' offensive lines rank overall and on run and pass blocks.

OVERALL RanK RUN BLOCK PASS BLOCK
    1. Texans 2 1
    2. Ravens 1 3
    3. Jets 4 2
    4. Patriots 3 20
    5. Bengals 7 11
    6. Browns 12 6
    7. Chargers 8 18
    8. Cowboys 9 8
    9. Panthers 14 7
    10. Giants 10 19

11. Eagles 11 10
    12. Packers 17 9
    13. Dolphins 13 13
    14. Falcons 19 17
    15. Jaguars 15 22
    16. 49ers 6 27
    17. Chiefs 5 29
    18. Colts 18 12
    19. Seahawks 16 21
    20. Saints 23 4
    21. Broncos 27 15
    22. Rams 29 5
    23. Bills 21 16
    24. Lions 31 14
    25. Vikings 30 24
    26. Redskins 24 30
    27. Cardinals 22 28
    28. Steelers 25 25
    29. Raiders 26 26
    30. Bears 20 31
    31. Buccaneers 28 32
    32. Titans 32 23
    http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85103
    &&&&
    Remember this story we got earlier from the Wall Street Journal about ranking OLines ? I'm telling you our guys are due for some recognition.
    You know how it is with the OLinemen, except for a story like this there's very few statistics about OLinemen so the guys with the most well-known and popular teams like the Steelers, Cowboys, Jets, etc make it to the Pro Bowl whether or not they deserve it.
    We need to pick a guy and vote for him like crazy when they open up the voting for the PB. You know that means a lot to these guys, and if I'm not mistaken they are going back to Hawaii this year.

7. drunkcookie

drunkcookie 2 drunk 2 cook

Brown for sure... He's been the most consistant of the bunch and broke a player's face...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

8. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

D. Brown hands down. You haven't heard much about him from a penalty standpoint (Mr. Winston i'm looking at you) or the man he's been responsible for blocking during games & that bodes well for him. who's he's faced this year:

Freeney
    Suggs
    Wake/Taylor

& of course he handled that turd James Harrison damn well, even sidelined him with that block he made on him that cracked his orbital bone.

Give credit to Kubiak for landing this guy b/c if im not mistaken, sans Jake Long, all the other guys taken before him have done ok but they certainly haven't been That much better than him.

Cjeremy635 likes this.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Can we do a poll? I'll support Brown.

10. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

I'm going to echo all the calls for Brown. Dude has been studly all year. After that Chris Meyers has been huge in the running game. He was dominating the second level of defenders all day in Tennessee.

11. dinkatoid

dinkatoid Veteran

I think Wade Smith deserved it last year, as he had a fantastic year, but he has struggled quite a bit this year. I think this year we have 2 that should be in the running - Brown and Myers.

Brown has been a stud this year, there is no doubt about it. He had a penalty this week, but still had a great game.
    Myers has been one of the best, if not the best center so far this year according to profootballfocus.com. The only other argument I could see would be for Mangold, as it was night and day how much better that line got when he returned after being injured. However, you wonder if the injury could cost him a few votes.

12. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

myers & brown imo. all of them are important though

13. speedfreek

speedfreek Hall of Fame

anyone but winston -- he's been a disappointment this year IMO

TJ

14. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

Man, we're looking good with signing Wade Smith at a bargain FA.

He and D. Brown deserve Pro Bowl recommendation.

15. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Duane Brown for sure. Keep in mind though, Chris Myers' contract is up this year, so sending him to the pro-bowl may increase his price and make it more difficult for the Texans to re-sign him. Kind of like what happened with Vonta Leach last year.

16. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I have no problem at all paying Myers. I'm thinking he was a late round pick when the Broncos took him, so he's not ever had a big payday.
    And who's Vonta Leach ? Didn't miss him yesterday, but I think we would miss Myers.

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, in that case let's send a bench-player who we can cut without missing when they ask for too much.

I don't exactly study this, or even pay THAT much attention, but I'm just going to state what I think for fun:

Brown: Passing: Good Running: Excellent (Above avg. in both categories gets him the win here.

Smith: Passing: Average Running: Average

Myers: Passing: Below Average (up from HORRIBLE a few years back) Running: STUPENDOUS

Briesel: Passing: Average Running: Average

Winston: Passing: Poor Running: Excellent (No change through whole career. It's always this way in both categories.)

18. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

I think our OL should be called the No Name Offensive Line. One of the best in the league, but no big names.

I like Wade Smith, but he's really struggled this season. I hope he comes back into the same form as last season.

I'd consider Briesel the weakest player on the line, but he's solid.

Winston shows flashes of being a star, but then there are alot of times where he just pisses you off. He also gets beat too often by top-tier DE's in pass pro.

Our two best chances of getting pro bowlers are Chris Myers and Duane Brown. Unfortunately, alot of big names are in front of them in the AFC.

Myers would have to beat out Pouncey & Mangold, but he probably has the best chance out of anyone on the line.

Brown is the most deserving to me, but he's virtually unheard of compared to guys like Clady, McNeil, Ferguson, Light, Thomas, and Long.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I dont know .... I think this is a case where the collective sum is better than its parts .... They really work well together. The way Myers , Briesel and Smith were passing off defenders on blocks was pretty amazing .... allowing one another to get to that second level.

20. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

They're just going to have to send our whole O-line to the Pro-bowl.

thunderkyss likes this.