Which loss disgusted you the most?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by m5kwatts, Mar 27, 2010.

?

Which loss disgusted you the most?

1. Week 1 vs. the Jets whole team choked

25 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. Week 3 vs. the Jags (home) MJD went nuts

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Week 5 @ the Cardinals goal line stuff

9 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Week 9 @ the Colts (away) Kris Brown chokes

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. Week 11 vs. Titans (MNF) Kris Brown chokes again

67 vote(s)
    48.6%
  6. Week 12 vs. Indy (home) 2nd half collapse

12 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. Week 13 @ Jags (away) Halfback pass game

12 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Which one of the losses this year disgusted you the most?

2. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

9 and 12. I hate the Colts more than any other team so I guess that's why.

3. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

They all disgusted me but the MNF game easily wins this poll. The drive home was surreal. I'll never forget it.

4. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

The Monday night game, as I knew at the time, a loss would mean bad news down the road.

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Got to be the MNF. I was so pissed at our lack of preparation for that game!

6. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

The Jags and Cardinals game was poor play calling. We shouldve passed instead of trying to push the ball in there. I understand if it happens once but twice is unacceptable.
    Jets game was just pathetic. Offense, defense, ST everything was bad that game.
    I already had the first colts game marked as a loss since they seemed to be on a roll at the time. I even backed up Kris Browns missed kick. BUT...we had two weeks to prepare for the MNF game and we were going against VY and the titans. I knew CJ would have an OK game and we wouldve blown them out but nope. They had a 3 point lead and Kris Brown does the same thing. :rake: Come on Kris you have two weeks to prepare! That's why I picked that loss as the worst one. The JAX game gets my second vote just becuase we wouldve had a chance to gone to the playoffs if we had won that

7. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I said the week 13 halfback pass game and it wasn't even because of the halfback pass.

The defense was a complete no show except for Pollard. The defensive line was awful getting blown off the line and not forcing 3rd downs even. Cushing had his worst game and Zach Miller ate his lunch. The CBs couldn't cover anyone. The whole unit played awful and had no energy. Pollard was the only one putting in any effort.

I think offensively in this game we did as best we could given the Schaub injury. Duane Brown who was responsible for Schaub getting knocked out of the game shouldn't have even been playing because of his ankle and was pulled for Butler who was decent. When Grossman was in every snap was a negative play except for one bootleg rollout and it was a QB scramble not even a pass. Schaub was masterful when he was in and the coaching staff was beyond dumb calling the halfback pass when Schaub was on fire like that.

8. gary

gary Hall of Fame

That one? Try any of the games you listed above.:)

9. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

For me, it was the Jets game.

We go into that game thinking we're the shiznit and this is our season and we were going to feast on a rookie QB and we came out and stunk the place up.

That disgusted me.

All the other games, we were in and had every chance to win. The Jet's game, we didn't even show up.

The second worst was the choke against the Colts. We were totally up in that game and looked amazing in the first half. The second half? The Colts do that all the time. They've done it to other good teams. But I hated seeing us collapse like that.

10. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Surprised the goal line stuff game hasn't been voted on yet. That was my 2nd one. 2nd only because we were down 21-0 and it was a positive to even get back in that game considering how good the Cardinals offense is.

11. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I just wrote off the Jets game. They never were in it. I wanted to check all the rest of them. Come on, up 17 in the 2nd half against Indy and lose? Sheesh...:thinking:

WWJD likes this.
  12. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Week one v. the Jets. We had so many expectations coming into the season and to have the home opener with those expectations - we needed that win. I'm not saying that I expected the Jets to be a bad team or anything like that. I'm saying the way we got manhandled that game took a lot of the wind out of our sails, early on. We were in catch-up mode ever since that week one loss... JMHO, though.

13. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'd voted for the Monday night game, although I was pretty pissed off about all of them. I was really hyped for that Monday game, and it was a kick to the stomach when they lost.

14. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

Week 13 against the Jaguars - Why did the 7-9 Jaguars sweep the 9-7 Texans last year?

15. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I went into the Jets game more as anxious rather than confident. We were being embarrassed throughout the preseason at home. Our secondary kept getting exposed in the worst way by Adrian Peterson and Mike Bell. Yeah, I know Cushing and Robinson didn't play during camp but we didn't really know what to make of them now did we? I was hoping we'd thump the rookie QB and HC but history has always been against us there. Baltimore the season before didn't concern anyone now did they? I'm not sure why everyone was gunning for our offense to be unstoppable? If not for Barber's fumble return... 24-zip. They punched us in the mouth then kicked us in the shin before finishing it off with a nice nipple twister.

It was after that game that I went... okay... maybe we're just not as good as we think...

MNF was a different story. A 3-6 team led by Radio should not be putting up wins against a team who just threw for over 300 yards and a TD. I knew Kris Brown was going to miss the kick. I knew it the second he trotted out there. It was a different trot. You just knew something was wrong. We had every opportunity to win this one outside of Chris Johnson. Our run game was broken. VY got what? 70+ yards on the ground too. This game was a must win.

Oh well. All in the past now. I will be expecting extra helpings of revenge, a dish best served cold. We have plenty of games to make that dish for... starting with the AFC south.

16. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Man. that is just how I saw it! I knew we might struggle against the Jets and Ryan's defense (have we played well against a good 3-4 team yet?) so while I was disapointed, I knew we could make it up.

The MNF game though, coming off the bye, I just knew we would dominate! But instead, we came our totally unprepared for the option and VY. I was livid. There was no excuse for the Texans to lose that game.

I will never forget my disgust, sorrow, humiliation, rage, ... I don't know, but tho lose to the tinbreds and with Buck Fud watching and Sausage boy leading the cheer once again.... my blood boils in agony

NitroGSXR likes this.
  17. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I think I remember telling Steph (aka TC) that I had a bad feeling going into that Jets game.

18. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

The Tack game

It made me realize that winning that game was more important to the fans than it was to the Texans organization. I left that game mad. I said that I would never leave a game mad again. It was when I questioned whether Kubes was the right man to lead the Texans. To lose on MNF to the Tacks when the crowd was all fired up was an unforgivable moment in my book.

The next week when they lost to the Colts I just laughed when they blew that big lead. I knew there would be no playoffs in the Texans future after that game.

19. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

Hahaha! too bad you didn't have ALL OF THE ABOVE listed! Seriously, I thought it was the Jets game!:thinking:

20. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

I'm surprised there are so many votes for the Jets game. Out of all of them that was the least disgusting to me.

I sort of forgot about MNF, maybe I blocked it out, but I do remember it being terrible now. I watched that one at a bar by myself as the only Texans fan, and there were 3 drunk Titans fans harassing me the whole time. Instead of my usual yelling and hitting things I sat there silently and tried to keep my composure. Ugh that was miserable. I think I was so humiliated I don't even remember the game.