Which back do you want?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Maddict5, Apr 18, 2009.

?

which back do you want

1. beanie in the 1st round

1.6%
  2. andre brown in the 3rd

30.6%
  3. rashad jennings in the 3rd

22.6%
  4. shonn greene in the 2nd

8.1%
  5. james davis in the 3rd/4th

3.2%
  6. gartrell johnson in the 4th/5th

11.3%
  7. knowshon in the 1st

4.8%
  8. donald brown in the 1st/2nd

6.5%
  9. chris ogbanna in the 4th/5th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. other... spill

11.3%
  1. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

likelihood is one of these will be a texan next weekend. which do you want:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

i voted Brown. Donald not Andre and i'll tell you why. i'm not a fan of having a thunder and lightning backfield. i feel it makes your offense too predictable. why not have a lightning lightning backfield. or dash and dash if you will. i'm not saying that we dont need a situational back for short yardage but i'd rather have Brown and then sign a free agent to back the two of them up.

3. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Whats the odds on ShonneGreen lasting till our pick in the third? Cuz I would have picked him

4. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

thats why i really like jennnings. hes a big back but he does alot of things. good vision and catches the ball well etc

5. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

That's good and all, but do you really think the Texans are going to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a running back? Because I don't.

6. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

For this poll I picked Andre Brown as the best RB and value at the draft position listed, but I don't think he'll be available for us in the mid 3rd round. Donald Brown would be very nice as well but I don't see the Texans spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on RB. We'll most likely pick a RB in the 4th round.

7. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

The backs that are available are good at what they do, some have superior size and zpeed, some are all-rounders and can catch as well as return kicks, etc.

I know the Texans aren't going to pick a RB untill the 4th round or later so I want Herb Donaldson from Western Illinois on our team. He is a big back and was productive at WIU and can do all the things expected from a RB, catch, run, and block as well.

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I'll go off the board with Conredge Collins from Pitt though the draft, Frank Summers and Gartrell Johnson undrafted.

9. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

malcolm jenkins... defensive back

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

V3rm0nt3r is double dead on

11. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

laughing my rearend off right now. malcolm jenkins all the way! beerlover that was funny. vermonter awesome post. trouble here cuz im stuck on the tarmac at hobby on my phone. Donald Brown hands down best RB for us in the draft. But i'd love if we could get Jenkins in the 1st, Eric Wood in the 2nd and Rashad Jennings in the 3rd.

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Whether we pick up an early round RB or not, I would look closely at Cal's pounding, sure-handed FB/RB Will Fautoou in the later rounds.

13. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

this poll is which back would YOU want? not which back do you think they will draft? i read it over like three times before i voted as to answer the right question.

14. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Gonna have to rep my boy Andre Brown.

15. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Jennings is great value in the third.

I like Donald Brown but I don't think we take a back in the first.

I think the third is a good round this year for us to take another back. Jennings may be off the board though so Andre Brown would be my next target.

We could also wait until the fourth and still get a good back. James Davis, Javon Ringer, etc...

16. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Brown and Jennings have great value in the third if they are there. I think the third is good spot to address RB if we don't in the second because I think the second round presents a lot more scenarios with BPA. If McCoy was there with our second round pick, that's who I would take.

17. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Yall know I respect you, but I think there is more value in Jennings in the third than Brown in the first. I like the idea of a 231lb back that can run a 4.5 40. A guy with that kind of size and speed would be a true compliment and not simply a short yardage back. One thing that scares me about D Brown is that he only ran a 4.51 40 at the combine. While a lot of prospects also ran slow times, many chose to run at their pro day. Brown did not, so all we have are his combine numbers.

So, should we take Brown in the first/second: 5'10", 210lbs, 4.51 40 or Jennings in the third: 6'1", 231lbs, 4.52 40. Id take Jennings.

Wouldn't yall?

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'm not a big follower of college football, so I don't know one of the backs from another. But I do hope they take a back in the 3rd, not the 4th, because what backs are left in the 3rd will be better than our pick in the 4th. The 1st and 2nd rounds need to go to the defense.

19. danger6

danger6 Rookie

Nice poll, Maddict5 !

Well, I voted Andre Brown in the 3rd. I think there is a high chance that he will be gone by the #77 pick. Rashad Jennings in the 3rd would probably be fine. I seem to recall some discussion in the past regarding work ethic issues related to Jennings though . . . anyone know more about this issue?

There is more to life than 40 times, but here are some for comparison:

NFLDraft Scout.com:

Andre Brown: 40 time: 4.37 (High – 4.54; Low – 4.32)
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=11382&draftyear=2009&genpos=rb

Rashad Jennings: 40 time: 4.59 (High – 4.67; low – 4.50)
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56952&draftyear=2009&genpos=RB

NFL Combine site:

Andre Brown: 4.49
    Rashad Jennings: 4.67

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=0

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  20. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Again...what we're talking about here, unless there is a disaster....is a back who at most will receive ten to twelve touches per game. Unless of course you're planning on trading Slaton away Saturday. Now I'm not so pig headed not to discuss the possibility. If you're talking Rb on day one....that's what you are posting.