$ where your mouth is.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by michaelm, Feb 11, 2006.

1. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

OK. The DC extension has come and gone with, at the very least, mixed reactions.
    So, I propose that we all put our money where our mouths are in a sticky thread containing our predictions of his future performance/success with the Texans.
    I want to see some very specific predictions, stats included. We may decide to/or not to include such team success related predictions such as playoff berths and/or SB appearances.
    I will make my prediction, and that may serve as a guide to the kind of prediction that I am proposing.

Statistically, I expect DC to achieve these individual stats, in a single season.

Within two years i predict that DC will have(in a single season):

3,500+yds passing/ 24+tds / 16> INTs / 350+yds rushing / 3+ rushing TDs

Let the games begin... I am sure that i am not in the majority, but that will make it that much sweeter if i prove to be correct.
    Moderators... this thread may not be worthy of sticky(ness, dom, etc...) but it should be at least as entertaining as many other threads, sticky or otherwise...

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I'm not going to sticky a thread for two years. Make whatever prediction you want and bookmark it or put in nice key words to search for later. It would probably be better to sum up where the posters stand after the draft and FA.

3. Wordem

Wordem Veteran

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm not making any predictions until I see what players we pick up. I probably won't even do that until I get to see them play at least a pre-season game. Right now, nobody but the FO has any real idea of what the Texans will look like next season.

Although we can post hopeful stats. I'd love to see the stats from DC you mentioned, michaelm. That would mean that we're probably posting some Ws, too. :thumbup

5. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Here are some key words...

David Carr MVP Super Bowl

6. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

i'll make my prediction and hope that im wrong

david carr season next year

less than 2500 yards passing
    11 tds
    17 ints

sacked 45 times
    texans go 4-12

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Ok, Carr 3500 yds passing, 22 Td's, 9 Int's next season (8-8)
    Carr 3800 yards passing 27 Td's, 12 Int's season after next (10-6) make playoffs.

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

really? or sarcasm? .. I would think Kubiak could get better numbers than that out of him.

9. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

il make my prediction after the draft and FA

10. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

These look more like the stats Vince would put up if he played his rookie year. Carr won't throw more INTs than TDs, and Kubiak will get a lot more production out of the offense than that.

This looks a little more accurate.

11. swtbound07

not a reflection on carr so much as a reflection on this teams continued failure to get something going on the offensive line...until they address this and i see it, i have to stay with my negative predictions. blast me if you want, but im not optimistic. Still cheering, but saddened.

12. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I think Carr will be in a better system this year so i see it as
    2850 yrds passing
    16 tD
    9 int
    3 rush td
    only 26 sacks!

13. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

I think Carr will have a more productive season next year, definitely better than this year. I think the Texans will end up about 7-9 with Carr finishing 14 of those games. The blocking schemes will improve, but Carr will still take an above average beating and his body won't bounce back as quickly in season five. The amount of big hits Carr has taken over his first 4 seasons is a huge concern IMHO. I'm assuming he has passed his physicals with flying colors though - hence the big contract.

14. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

I need to see our moves in FA and the Draft. I'll come back and post my predictions then.

But if everything stayed the same, I expect the coaching and scheme alone to lead to a 10%-20% improvement.

A new recieving threat in a new TE or Reggie Bush, improvement from Mathis, more openings for Andre. Better O-line. All this adds up to a break out year for Carr. Hopefully the people around Carr step it up next year.

:redtowel: :redtowel:

Samer likes this.
  15. Samer

Samer Veteran

I think he will get
    3200 Passing Yards
    21 TD's
    14 INTs

16. Koolbrz

Koolbrz Veteran

I would say he gets 3000+ yds, 22td's, 12int, 300+ yds on the ground, and maybe 4td's. Could be better though if they pick up some quality people this off season. You know draft and FA.

17. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

I'm pretty sure Carr could throw for 3500+ yards next season. People have to remember that he reached over 3000 yards only two years ago. The '05 season was a season from hell, and Carr got a few bruises, but he can still sling the ball. I'm going with:

Nest Season
    Passing Yards: 3300+
    Passing TD's: 24
    INTs: 10
    Rushing Yards: 300
    Rushing TD's: 2

18. swtbound07

so making a prediction people are unhappy with gets me hit twice with the negative rep? come on now....this isnt right. Honest discourse....and i completely explained my logic behind the prediction a couple of posts down.....geez...you people.

19. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

I don't know how he'll do whether it's with the Texans or if he's to be traded (save all the false hope replies, it could happen).

I do want to point out that his decent #'s in '04 were mostly in part to a good start to the 1st 6-8 games but declined in the second half of the season. And we all know abot the entire '05 season. Picked up right where he left off if you ask me.

Like to point as well that the staff we had here seems to be taking way too much of the blame for the dismal season(s). Most of them were experienced at their trade but failed to get it done. Now I ask, was it the coaching or was it the players or was it both? Obviously it was both but was it 50% 50& or 60% 40% or ect...

And what is with this $ where your mouth is junk, you taking bets or something. Jerek likes to bet.

20. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I think considering Carr has thrown more TDs than INTs the past 2 years indicates that with a real coach and a better offense around him he will once again throw more TDs. Still, a good QB should throw 10 more TDs than INTs. Right now, Carr can be considered average. He needs to break the 20 mark this season.

3300 yards
    21 TDs
    11 Ints
    Texans to an 8-8 record.

swtbound07 likes this.