Where would you rank this game?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Lurvinator11, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

Without a doubt this is the best game the texans have played this season!

Who here thinks its the best game we have ever played?

Give your thoughts on the top 5 games in Texans history and why!

:texflag:

Lucky likes this.
  2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Ummmm, okay newbie, I'll play..

I would rank this game as just another game. Period. This game means no more than next week's game... and the game after that, etc....

3. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I disagree only b/c it was for the division lead, against a hated rival/team and this team needed to get a W.

The whole "just another game" mentality in my mind with this team is part of the problem IMO sometimes. Clearly not every game is a must win or something.

But this game just another game....I don't see it.

Just FWIW

JCTexan likes this.
  4. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

i would say the texans played a better game at NO, however the saints have all kinds of fight in them. titans laid down after a bye and brees would never allow that

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

With all due respect that's a load of BS... this was a statement game and completely necessary to set us firmly on the top of the AFC South. This win means more than any other one thus far, and I daresay that may stand true for the rest of the season.

6. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I agree completely. This is not just another game. It's on the road against the only other divisional opponent vying for a playoff spot. Obviously it means a lot less if the Texans lay an egg for the remainder of the year, but I don't see that happening.

7. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

At the risk of waxing hyperbolic, I'm going all in.

Not only was this the finest display, the most complete game, I've ever witnessed from a Texans team, but it just so happens that it took place at the most important moment in the franchise's history. That's right---I said it!

Go ahead, laugh. But the plain fact is that the Texans just seized control of their division by punking the utter crap out of their biggest rival.

A loss today could have sent this team into its typical mid-season swoon and surrendered control of the division to Bud's clowns. But a real team showed up today and put on a clinic.

The difference between starting 3-4 and starting 4-3 is the difference between same old loser and new division champion.

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

Texan Asylum likes this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I have seen many "statement" games only to be seen as fools gold

now I am not saying this game is fools gold, because I don't know what the future holds. The Texans can make it what they want. They hold teh key to this.. keep winning instead of the roller coaster they do.. there is a reason they are known as the NFL's "biggest tease"

once one mentions the "P" word, it screws up this franchise

anyway.. lets take another step and kick the Jag's ass next week

9. Scooter

Scooter Funky

we took the division lead in week 7 with a crushing win against our most hated rival. we imposed our will for 4 quarters and did so without our 2 best players. this was a statement that we may not have seen from the texans before ... we didnt just win a must win, we obliterated a must win game.

like wolf said, a statement is empty words if we dont finish the season. if we do however finish like we all hope and expect, be sure that today's game was monumental in doing so.

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

It was the very best Houston Texans game played today. It was good for me to re-build my confidence. It puts us in the driver's seat for division champs only if we do not flub it up. As often with any Houston team we can still be our own worst enemy. It was a solid game and what sttod out to e was the solid tackles. Sure there was still way too much body block to try to bring ball runner down but I saw good hits. I will enjoy the euphoria today and allow the concern back in tomorrow. Good game.

11. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

It was an awesome exhibition of domination. The other team put up I want to say 3 unsportsmanlikes and the Texans yawned and continued to kick their ass up and down the field - a total mismatch. The rookies on the Titans Dline were stuffed. It worked out well that the Texans were forced to be honed by the likes the Ravens the week leading up to this pivotal division game. The Titans, not so much. A rare butt whipping.

Wade's boys, Kube's boys, Marciano's fricking boys did a job.

With the pick six Wade's defense gave up zero points today. That will push the Texans Dee into the top 5.

thunderkyss likes this.
  12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I think we lack the context of the entire season to fully comprehend the importance of this game. But, it was without a doubt important at this moment.

And you accuse me of being condescending?

This game was huge exactly because it increases the importance of those games moving forward. This game allows the Texans to control their own destiny. They don't have to worry whether the Colts sit Manning, or if the Bengals show up to play. From here out, they just need to take care of their own business. It's the way it's supposed to be.

HTown2ATX likes this.
  13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This game ranks only behind the 2009 win over the Pats. That gave the Texans a chance to make the playoffs.

The great thing is that this one came against Fud Buck and the Tacks.

Quite satisfying indeed

14. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Just in terms of football this was by far the best game I've ever seen them play.

15. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Very satisfying, and very big...but it will only mean something should they beat Jacksonville and start building the momentum for the 2nd half...we'll see...but it was a huge game and they flexed their muscle a bit this game.

Get Andre back...and try to get the offense going like this and still just have a average defense, they will be hard to beat for anyone.

16. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I would go with this game being the game we'll look back on at the end of the year and state it was "THE" key game. Definitely a statement game this team required to move on to the next stage mentally.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

They can't just beat Jacksonville.

After what they just did on the road, they have got to dominate Jacksonville. Our fans won't accept anything less.

Good teams beat good teams on the road. Good teams dominate bad teams on the road. The Texans need to dominate the JagUars at home to satisfy us (me). If we are to believe they are who we think they are.

A close game, & we start questioning our team again.

:koolaid:

18. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

My decision to rank this game as one of the best was really about one thing in the end.

On top of us playing a complete game, on top of our defense and offense finally coming together and helping each other, on top of every single great thing I can play in this game, the ONE THING that I took away from this game in the end is that even though Kubiak tried to let his foot off the gas pedal our players WOULDN'T allow it, they kept running as hard as they had all game up until the very last play of the game. That right there was a statement from the players that I appreciate.

When someone asked last week what made them proud of the Texans I would have agreed and said the fact that I live here in Houston, but I would definitely have a better answer after watching this game.

19. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Most satisfying win ever and could end up as biggest win in franchise history
    Team was very physical and played with inspiration and purpose

20. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

They better, because I do NOT want to wear the soap.