Where will the Texans end up picking?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by kiwitexansfan, Oct 30, 2007.

1. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Currently the Texans have the 9th worst record in the NFL, come the season end what pick will the Texans have?

I figure that we will slip a few spots (or is that improve) and end up about 7th. There a lot of bad teams in the NFL at the moment.

2. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Well, if that happens, then Atlanta will have 2 picks in the Top 10 of the 2nd Round of next year's Draft. If they choose wisely then they should be able to turn their team around very quickly.

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

you'd think :bunpan: they would trade both 2nd rd. picks to get Matt Schaub back in Atlanta :throwball:

4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

5. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I say we finish about #12.

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

For kicks and grins would you or anyone care to project what the teams ahead of us might need? I realize it is early yet I would like some hope somewhere.

7. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

The one that is absolutely sick is NE at 5. They are looking at a super bowl run and could be picking in the top 5?! WOW.

8. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I'll laugh if they trade it to Dallas for both of their 1st rounders just so they can have 2 again & piss off Goodell.

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

let's see....

1. St. Louis - Orlando Pace probably won't stick around much longer. Is Bulger the long-term solution? Who will be coaching this team next year? Secondary is a need too, but they won't go there this high.
    2. Miami - Everywhere on defense. Specifically DT, OLB, and the entire secondary. TE is a big need, but again, no one here worthy of such a pick.
    3. NY Jets - They need help on the d-line, and who knows what's going on with the QB situation. And Thomas Jones won't be around forever.
    4. Atlanta - QB is the absolute biggest need here. Safety has been a big need for several years.
    5. New England - Really is no real need here, so I expect NE to go pure BPA. And if McFadden is there....well, that's just no fair.
    6. Cincinnati - Linebacker (any position) and the secondary. Just anyone on defense.
    7. Oakland - Has been needing O-line bad since before the Robert Gallery pick. Should go tackle again.
    8. Minnesota - Tavaris Jackson appears to be...not the real deal. WR is a hole. Secondary needs work.

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

NE is best situated in the league to go pure BPA, but unless Maroney gets injured again, this seems unlikely. He has been very effective.

11. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

How effective would a 1-2 punch with Maroney and McFadden be? Scary to think about.

12. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

1. St. Louis- Jake Long- LT
    2. Miami- Glenn Dorsey- DT
    3. NY Jets- Darren McFadden- RB
    4. Atlanta - Matt Ryan- QB
    5. New England- Malcolm Jenkins- CB
    6. Cincinnati- Chris Long- DE
    7. Oakland- Sam Baker- LT
    8. Minnesota- Andre Woodson- QB
    9. Houston- Calais Cambell- DE
    10. Chicago- Brian Brohm- QB

You do realize I had to give us a pick on the DL...haha:)

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I will not be happy if we pick another defensive lineman. I do not understand why Kubes is sticking with Faggins over Bennett. I think Petey is doing his best and Kubes is the coach, but..

14. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

That's what I'm afraid of...If Calais Cambell or Chris Long fall to us...they may be the BPA...wouldn't that be funny.

i have a feeling those two may be 'rated' higher than Jonathan Stewart or Kenny Phillips or Ryan Clady....if that's the case..what happens...

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Looking at the schedule, I don't see us winning more than 2 more games...so that makes us 5-11. Last year the 5-11 teams picked 5th and 6th respectively.

16. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, it looks like the Raiders and Saints are the only games left the Texans will be able to have a chance to compete. But considering the Saints are starting to play better, it might be that this Sunday's game against the Raiders will be the last chance the Texans have this season to get a "W"

A 4-12 finish should put us at 4 or 5.

17. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Do you folks realize we are at the midway point of the season and we are already talking about the draft for next year? The off-season has officially begun. God, it's going to be a long one.

18. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Yeah but if we end up in the 4-6 area we'll have a legit shot at McFadden, and that would be very, very nice and ease the length of the offseason.

But then again McFadden could be on the board and the team goes another direction...or the ever wished for trade dwon happens.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Raiders are the #3 team in least amount of passing yardage given up in the NFL. They have a hell of a pass defense. The Raiders also have the #6 rushing offense in the NFL and we haven't been able to stop anyone on the ground lately. soooooo, um....yeah. :gun:

20. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

The Raiders game is huge for us. If we lose, I dunno how bad the rest of the season could be, but it could be a disastor. If we win, and I think its winnable even for even us right now, we go into the bye week feeling real good about things and come out with an upbeat attitute for the NOLA game at home.