Where Tom Brady rank all time now?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gtexan02, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I once made a case for Montana as #1. That was then, this is now Brady's World and all the other QBs are just living in it.

Double Barrel likes this.
  2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Thx for the update on Haley. Missed that but he deserved it.

Staubach, Brady strike me as any era they would have excelled. Manning, Bradshaw, not so much.

I know tex asked for stats. I can't give them to you. What I can relate to you is when Staubach walked onto the field the score didn’t matter. Everyone, visitor and home, was on needles...'what's Roger going to do?' He was beyond logic and isn't that kind of the definition of GOAT.

JB and PapaL like this.
  3. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

So just to play devil's advocate we're supposed to punish Brady for getting to more SB's because he didn't win all of them?

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Who said that?
    :kitten:

5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Those guys aren't undefeated being that they couldn't get to those SB's that Brady got to. They either didn't make the playoffs or lost in the earlier rounds of the playoffs or they would have made it to those SB's as well. You're trying to act as if going further and winning more games is somehow a knock on a player even though he accomplished more and beat more teams than the other QB's could. Plus, Brady's defense lost those games when the other team had the ball last and Brady's offense had the lead when he walked off the field. You say this as if Brady went to a SB and got completely blown out like Manning or Elway did in some of their SB's.

You look at who won more conference championship games, and that tells the story. Montana and Bradshaw couldn't win those conference championship games and because Brady did win, you are somehow trying to penalize him for going further. Sorry, but there is no logic in that what so ever. Only a total hater would attempt to justify that. Elway isn't regarded as one of the best of all time because he won two SB's. Its because he got his team to 5 SB's and won at least two of them. Brady has almost doubled the amount of times that he got there. You guys just hate the Pats and their accomplishments

6. Texecutioner

It is not devil's advocate. It is an argument that only someone would make out of bitterness and jealousy to suggest that going further in a tournament is somehow worse than losing earlier. The only people that make this argument ever are people that hate the Pats.

7. Texecutioner

He isn't?

8. Texecutioner

Well show us a ton of stats that show that he dominated his position way better than anyone else did with stats and with his rings as well. Otherwise, you're spitting here due to not being able to make the stat based argument for Montana like I told you to attempt.

9. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

4-0 100% win is the only stat I need.

10. Scooter

Scooter Funky

What Brady has done is ridiculous, he's at the top of the GOAT conversation. Much like my other posts about 'what would this player be if they weren't crippled by being drafted by the Browns', I wonder what would Brady and Manning be in opposite situations? Manning literally carried one of the worst defenses of all time to a Superbowl win. Horrible line, zero defense, and a fraction of the coaching - yet he put a franchise on his back for a decade. What would Manning do with Belichick compared to what Brady could do with Dungy and Caldwell? I don't presume (it could've been catastrophic for both for all we know), I just find the question its self to be interesting, much like comparing different generations.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    ObsiWan and PapaL like this.

11. Sigma

Sigma Hall of Fame

EDIT: apparently the forum doesn't like emoji

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  12. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Well, full disclosure, I did that just to be devil's advocate. Someone asked for a "con" stat and I offered one up; SB winning pct.
    :D
    So what's this "punish" stuff??

See my post after this one. I don't think there can be an "All-Time Great" for the NFL or the NBA because both games have changed soooo much over the years.

13. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

It's all too subjective. QBs have 10 other guys on their team and face defenses that vary from game to game. Too many parameters that are constantly changing.
    Here's a GOAT example that based on fact - no MOFO ever other than Usain Bolt ran a 100M 9.5 - period, end of story, he's the greatest sprinter of all time because he's the fastest ever. And that's a fact. Arguing about Brady & Elway, Montana, whoever is a totally different situation.

14. Texecutioner

You lost bruh. You shouldn't have even responded if you were going to go "full moron.".

15. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Look, your opinion on Brady and the Patriots is far, far from objective. So anyone who says something that isn't pumping Patriot sunshine is blasphemy in your opinion. That's why you use the "hater" tag on anyone with dissenting viewpoints.
    You (or somebody) asked for a stat that says he isn't the best
    ever.
    I gave you one.

idonno:

16. markn

markn Hall of Fame

Just as Bonds and Clemens likely cheating will eventually be overlooked by the baseball HoF, Brady's likely cheating will eventually be overlooked by NFL historians. What makes Brady different from the likes of Bonds is that his cheating was completely unnecessary: he's head and shoulders above his peers in terms of ability. He's the best that played the game and the cheating changes nothing. Fortunately for him, most people don't care and his brand remains unblemished.

17. Sigma

Sigma Hall of Fame

to be fair there's a lot of hostility towards NE on this forum, I've seen people call BOB a "patriots cancer"

I don't really mind since this is a Texans forum and if I wanted to read some enthusiastic stuff about NE I would have gone to the Pats forums, but I definitely had the impression that other teams get slightly less hate around here than the pats

18. usernameJJ

usernameJJ Rookie

It's hard not to hate them when they knock you out of the playoffs every year. I have grown to dislike them more and more. And let's face it, the Super Bowl has gone through Foxboro for awhile

ObsiWan likes this.
  19. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

This is true. It's like the hate many had (still have?) for Peyton because he beat us down every year.

Having said that, Brady (in Belichick's system) IS the best of the bunch today. No question.
    Like Montana and Staubach before him, if he is the QB and there's time on the clock, you think they always have a shot to win.

20. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

[​IMG]

DBCooper, ObsiWan and santo like this.