Where the game was lost

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by mridge01, Sep 30, 2013.

1. mridge01

mridge01 Veteran

It wasn't the Schaub pick 6, it wasn't the 98 yard drive (113 with penalties), or even the "game winning" fg. It was after Cushing destroyed Lynch and caused the fumble and Kubiak went into Kubiak mode and settled for 3. Right then and there the Seahawks knew they would be in this game as long as the :kitten: coach was on our sideline. Effing get the ball to #80 when your that close! Who the f is going to keep him from catching it. Better yet, put #99 in at TE and let him figure it out. This BS ***** footing around when the foot is on the throat is what loses games. As long as Kubiak is coach this team will never win at a high level.

2. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Low key Schaub hate thread # 567565678654. Not that i have a problem with those of you wanting to curb stomp Schaub right now....

3. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Was that the drive Schaub missed a wide open AJ in the endzone?

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I gotta' disagree with the premise of the thread. The pick 6 lost the game. Up a TD with 3:00 left in the game is pretty much a no brainer for better coaches and QBs. Horrible playcalling at that point and even worse execution.

5. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

:thinking: Schaub suited up?

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Nope, it was the pick 6. We could've gone in Kubiak conservative mode and won that game. The defense was playing well. Arian was running decent in that series. Keep feeding him instead of putting the ball in Schaubiak's hands

And for the love of Pete, why can't our QB read a NB blitz during pre-snap reads. It was obvious!!

7. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

the drive before the pix sixes

we threw the ball 3 straight times and went 3 and out we didn't even run why I don't know we could of killed most of the time if we just got 2 first downs

the drive after that we finally ran the ball cus it was so obvs at that point but on

3 and 4 after we ran it 2 times before that we decided to do a little bootleg and leave one defender un blocked

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm not a Schaub hater. I really, really try not to be.

But we lost this game when the Seahawks dangled their jugular right in front of us, we took one half ass swipe at it..... they pulled it back & laughed all the way to victory.

They exposed their jugular when Cush caused Lynch to fumble & we got the ball on their 19.

We feigned a swipe at it with that half ass route Andre ran on the first play.

They pulled it back when they held us to a field goal.

They laughed all the way to victory... with that pick 6 & the 98+ yard TD scoring drive in the 4th.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

We got the ball with 2 minutes left in regulation, but couldn't get into scoring position just like we couldn't since the second TD without help from the defense. That's from the 6 minute mark of the second qtr, the entire 3rd qtr, the 4th qtr, & two OT possessions.

10. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I hear you....i only wrote what i did b/c the title of thread is kinda like "really?". There were lots of key plays that had an impact on the game............but ultimately everyone knows where the game was mostly lost at...

This thread and its title is a borderline troll move.

11. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

This^^^^

12. mridge01

mridge01 Veteran

I do agree with this, but if the Texans go up 21-3 after Cushing's fumble blow on Lynch, the game is over.

For the record, this was NOT a Schaub hate thread. It was a Kubiak sucks thread.

13. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Kubiak tried his best to give the game away, but what lost the game was the Schaub pick-six. Really no debate about that.

14. mridge01

mridge01 Veteran

Kubiak radioed in that POS play into the huddle. Stupid play call when a simple handoff to #23 would have been sufficient.

15. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Kubiak tried to give the game away? Was he the one who fumbled to give Seattle 3 points or the one who threw away 7 more? Or maybe it was him who gave up the 98 yard drive in the 4th? I see nothing Kubiak did, outside of maybe trusting his QB to throw a simple pass pay, to lose this game.

16. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

I actually thought Kubiak was more aggressive than usual. Come on, admit it, on the pick 6 play, you thought they were going to hand the ball off and let the defense win the game. You thought it, everyone in the stands thought it. But Kubiak made the aggressive playcall and tried to win it right there. So in this instance, you can see being aggressive isn't always the best idea.

If we just ran the ball, didn't convert, then the Seahawks would have had like 2 mins, 0 timeouts, to march the field for a TD. That's the usual Kubiak, conservative call.

17. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

The defense should have beaten the dog ISHT out of Wilson when he started running. A QB's place is IN THE POCKET. When a QB leaves the pocket he is saying:

"Hi I'm a REAL football player. Please hurt me."

When that same QB crosses the line of scrimmage he's saying:

"F-YOU defensive unit. You are a small cute cluster of kittens of whom I have NO fear. There isn't anything which you could possibly do to me."

Sorry if I'm part of a defensive unit and a QB said that to me I would sacrifice a game check and do my best to break every last one of his damned ribs. Everything on MY side of the ball belongs to me. You want an inch of this field you'll pay for it dearly.

mattieuk likes this.
  18. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

wholeheartedly agree...

19. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

I was thinking "Why does Schaub have a vuggin' JOB!?!?!?!!!"

20. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I don't have as much of a problem with the play call as I do with the actual throw, piss poor decision on Matts's part and its what you would expect out of a rookie in his first NFL game, not a veteran starter in this league.