Where is the Marshawn Lynch News?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Feb 16, 2009.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

That's right, he isn't a Cowboy:) ;) In other news..this guy is trouble...lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3909366

2. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

What does this have to do with the Cowboys? Absolutely nothing. Although he does have a lot in common with many current and ex Cowboys players since you want to drag that franchise into this. Maybe he'll be one soon.

3. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I'm assuming his point was more toward the fact that this board blows up when a Dallas bench warmer gets in trouble, but when a pro bowler from another team messes up there isn't even a thread about it.

IIRC, Lynch had a few character concerns during his time at Cal. Apparently he hasn't matured all that much.

4. Texecutioner

There is a reason why the Cowboys players get mentioned more, and that is because of their long history for going after players with issues and also having players on their teams with issues. If it wasn't such a common thing for Jerry to go after guys with who have low character issues, then people in here wouldn't talk about it as much. And it isn't even just in here, the Cowboys are criticized everywhere for having knuckle headed players and not caring about who they bring in. The Bengals get criticized the same way and so do the Raiders because they are similar. Frog just isn't mentioning them because he isn't a fan of those teams.

5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Thanks for explaining Bah!..LOL. It's like the Plaxico thread that I prefaced by saying I would beat haters to the punch about Dallas signing him. 3-4 people still brought this up meaning they didn't read my comments and went right into the same tired line mode. But you hit the nail on the head..if it was a practice squader we would be on page 3.

As for Lynch. Another that will be out of the league at some point and another example of how alot of these guys just don't get it.

No, I don't mention them because they are never brought up here....not surprising. Dallas was rarely mentioned here until this past year or so. I won't go into debate mode again but I already laid out NY Times articles, etc about many, many teams with knuckleheads that aren't mentioned....Denver included. I think your "history" is short sided as to who they sign. Maybe I'll start just announcing all players on Dallas and other teams who represent the mass majority and who do United Way, etc. How much fun would that be? :)You were one of a few who skipped the joking intro to make your Dallas crack in the Plax thread. No surprise.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  6. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I'm not debating that stuff with you. That stuff is all true.

But that doesn't explain why there was no thread about Marshawn when a T.O. thread would be on page five by now.

A lot of people hate the Cowboys. But down here in Houston it seems that it has less to do with their owner, players, and fans and more to do with their history of winning.

HoustonFrog likes this.
  7. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

You said it all. I'll stop there. This wasn't supposed to be serious anyways. I just wanted to have some fun with a thug on another team that wasn't on page 5 here.

But on point. What are the Bills going to do?I don't even think they have anyone but Fred Jackson backing him up.

Again, this was in fun..let's not get into the fray. My bad for making the joke. I started it.:)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  8. Texecutioner

I disagree about why a lot of fans don't like the Cowboys. I don't think it is because of their winning. Hell, they haven't won anything since the 90's any way. Plus, they aren't even in our conference. I think it has more to do with having to see and talk to a lot of arrogant Cowboy fans out here and many like myself hate to see Houstonians rooting for the Cowboys and not the Texans and many of them come off as band wagoners. And I think you under estimate why people can't stand Jerry Jones. No one likes to see an owner of any team display a lack of morals and standards when it comes to who he pays for their services and how empowers players like TO and makes them a leader on his team. He did the same thing with Michael Irvin after he stabbed one of his own team mates on the team's premises.

As for TO, of course it would be longer because every year TO is in the middle of some controversy and has already brought two teams down and if you want to count last season he has brought 3 teams down. TO is an entirely different factor and really isn't comparable here and neither would be Pac Man Jones considering what a long trail of disaster he has left behind his path. Of course guys like them will be talked about more because of the long history.

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Marshawn Lynch looks and sounds very unprofessional, one of his overanalyzed faults going into the draft.

[​IMG]

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I consider myself to be a tall goofy looking dude, but damn! Lynch has got to be one of the most f--ked up alien looking creatures I've seen. :photos:

bah007 likes this.
  11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

What are you talking about
    [​IMG]

HOU-TEX likes this.
  12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Frog, if you weren't such a cool cat, I'd be Neg Rep you every time I was able to give it to you. LOL :)

Man, that dude's just messed up! He definitely hit a few hundred branches while falling from the ugly tree.

13. Texecutioner

Gold teeth are soooooo classy.

:sarcasm:

14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

LOL..I had a worse one but it was too big.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

That's the one I saw. Nothing like my entire screen being covered by the face of Lynch. Good Gravy!

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Good times!Yeah I thought it would be too much for most here. :hide:

17. Texecutioner

Who is worse? Marshawn Lynch or this guy?

[​IMG]

Touch call if you ask me.

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

No way. Lynch blows that dude away. The fugly meter pegs out on Lynch.

19. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Looks like he might be Whoopie's son. Strong resemblance.

:coffee:

20. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

pft

We might play in Buffalo in that 3 week span.