Where Is MARIO.....?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SoCalTexanFan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. SoCalTexanFan

SoCalTexanFan Rookie

We can blame Kubiak and Kris Brown but the biggest problem in this game was NO PASS rush. VY ran all over these guys because of ZERO containment. Mario was no where to be found. Even on the stupid option plays where the def end is contain on the VY, he was no where to be found.

Mario has one move and thats running around the block. If he can't out quick the tackle, he'll never make the sack.

2. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

he sure did'nt step up.

3. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I really want to believe that his injury is worse than they are letting on. He needs to start making some game changing plays, pressure and run stopping every so often is SOLID but we need him to make some sacks and force some fumbles a lot more than what he's doing right now.

4. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Rookie

Mario may be a good DE in this league, but a pass rusher or "game changer" he is not.

But to answer your question, if I were trying to find Mario I woul start six yards behind the quaterback, he spends more time there than the opposing teams half back.

5. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

I like what Steve Young said. Paraphrasing, but he said there are good players on this team, but no leaders. There is no anger. There is no getting "mad and saying 'tonight we have to make it happen." He's right. Just a guess, but I can only hope there is half the anger in the locker room than there is here.

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Rookie

Where's Mario?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Roos

7. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Rookie

I get what your saying Roos is a good /great LT, but Mario is suppossed to be a stud DE. To me that means he should at least win some of the battles. He is paid to pressure the QB, and he is not getting it done.

I love the guy, and wish he was finding a way to be successful, but opposing teams have the bull / speed rush to the outside figured out and just let him run himself out of the play everytime. Until he finds another move, don't look for big sack numbers.

8. Statis22

Statis22 Top Billin

Michael Roos was eating him up. They're whole offensive line dominated.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow Work'n da grill

A few games ago the talking heads were saying M Williams had a shoulder injury that would bother him until next season. Not sure if it is correct but ...

Showtime100 likes this.
  10. SupDawg

SupDawg Rookie

I can't recall Williams getting 1 sack ever against Roos. He is an All Pro for a reason.

Williams is a good DE, but Roos gives up like 1-2 sacks per year.

11. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Mario was in the backfield quite a bit, but it was immediately followed by VY running for a first down.

12. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Mario got one on him...in game 2

13. spek

spek Rookie

I get Roos is good but to not show him up pretty much the whole game and MW even switches sides and still no real pressure, so I ask the same question Where Is MARIO????

14. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Seriously supdawg,,,,,seriously?????????? You need to check your facts.

15. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

i think he was trying to contain Vince young from running rather then sacking him good style but he hasent per fected it no one has .....

16. spek

spek Rookie

You try to contain him with you best pass rusher???
    No you contain him by letting MW loose and drivin VY into the ground!!!!!!!!!

utahmark likes this.
  17. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

thats just it tho pass rushing does not work on VY becasue most of the time u go into a half circle around vince pushing the Left tackle into the guard and either stepping back or going hard Left would have been much better IMO then the traditonal way

I think from a style point Conar barwin should have been in there hes much faster then Mario

i just think they should have had a better scheme for stopping VY from running on us after the bye and all

18. SupDawg

SupDawg Rookie

I don't recall stating anything. If you read above, you'd see that I said I can't recall him getting a sack, not that he never has.