Where is Dayne heading?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by puffpuffpass, Mar 10, 2007.

1. puffpuffpass

puffpuffpass Waterboy

I haven't seen or heard much about Dayne. Any word on other teams looking at him? Miami is needing an RB and I thought they had some interest in him last year before signing with the Texans.

Blu likes this.
  2. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

where is Dayne heading you ask?

Hopefully to Jenny Craig.

3. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

hahaha aww man that made me laugh for like 3 minutes strait

4. aquafin

aquafin Rookie

I don't think we need a starting RB. We have Ronnie Brown...and Ricky Williams will most likely back him up. That said, it would be nice to have one more guy. I think we were primarily looking for a good blocking fullback.

Man I hated to see us lose Sammy Morris. He looked good when he started during those 3 games that Ronnie Brown was out with injury. Something tells me he will be the Patriots feature RB this year. Man, the Patriots really purged our talent this year....with Morris and Wes Welker. Welker was one of our top receivers...as well as the best punt and kickoff returners we have ever had in Miami. He was a real ironman.

5. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I think we played this perfectly. Ron Dayne has been available for a week and a half and no offers and no visits. Now we can probably get a discount on him. The Texans are trying to re-sign Dayne.

6. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

hopefully back here with us to keep pressure on green to perform well..and to push these younger guys to be on the top of their game...because last year lundy didn't impress me at all...and taylor i didn't see enough of to make any conclusions on him...so we need dayne back

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I really hope he ends up back here and happy. I liked Dayne a lot. He may not be the heiman winner we hoped he would be but..he's a real team player and I thought he had a good attitude here.

I really wanted us to resign him and salaam, when we didn't i was really disappointed. We then signe salaam..i assumed it was to try and get him cheaper and that'd we'd do the same with dayne..i'm yet to be pleased.

8. brncoz1fan

brncoz1fan Rookie

Just because there is nothing being reported in the media doesn't mean he is sitting at home without the phone ringing. After what he did last year with the Texans I am sure he has plenty of teams interested in him.

9. Ole Miss Texan

Does anybody know if the TEXANS are interested in him? or are we "content" with who we have now?

10. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

I heard some rumblings not too long ago about the Eagles expressing interest in Dayne. That may still be a possibility after they struck out with Dillon not too long ago. I personally would like to see him back for short yardage situations ONLY. I hope they don't forget about Taylor though.

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

How about heading to fullback for the Texans, or is that crazy?

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Man rushes for 612 yards in only 6 starts, averages 4.1 yards a carry (4.8 in the month of December when he was finally healthy) and leads us to a 3-2 record over the last 5 games (could have potentially been a a 4-1 record but our defense couldn't figure out how to contain Vince Young) and this is what he gets. Fat jokes.

The man should be our starting RB next season.

Andrew6 likes this.
  13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Put me down as a yes for crazy. Sorry, never met a question I would not answer and I also happen to be a devoted ambiguous yes man.

14. Ole Miss Texan

:wild: Big bad Dayne needs to be a texan....imo he's one of the few that 'deserves' to be a texan (i view that as a compliment...others may not.)lol

15. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

I don't think it would be a bad idea in certain situations.

16. Runner

Two good runners in the same backfield for a running team? I guess it doesn't fit the philosophy or scheme. Crazy.

17. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

In a simplistic sense it does not. Anyone can run, but it is those that block and run that are successful.

18. Runner

I bet Dayne could lay the wood on someone - if he wanted to.

19. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

If you put Taylor at RB and Dayne at FB in a goal line situation, you could really throw some defenses off. Why? Because most defenses are going to look at that and think Dayne's getting the ball because he's more of a pile pusher. Or vice versa, you like Dayne at RB and Taylor at FB. Run Taylor on a wheel route, fake it to Dayne, roll Sage out right and Taylor's wide open in the middle of the end zone.

20. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I completely agree with you. I'm on the Dayne Trayne...
    he did a hell of a job for us when we needed it and no one else could, can't say that for our "Star Running Back" D. Davis (*williams).