Where does put us?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by PapaL, Apr 28, 2006.

1. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

***PLEASE - NO BUSH, VY COMMENTS/WHINING/COMPLAINING*** Lets talk about what we have.
    Since there are so many threads about people jumping off of buildings and what not, I figured I had might as well come up with a real football question. Where does the signing of Mario Williams put us on D?

Willams - Smith - Payne - Weaver

Greenwood - Cowart/Wong - Babin/Peek?

PBuch - Earl - Brown - DRob

Would this mean Babin and/or Peek stay at OLB?

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Or one of them (Babin, Peek) is a third down rusher in place of Weaver. We have some flexibility on D now.

Would Williams be on the right and Weaver on the left?

3. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Well I just releazied 1.) I can't spell, 2.) I screwed up the title, 3.) Just put guys into slots and not their proper side.

I think Williams over the slower RT would be better and Peek/Babin over the LT would be good on passing downs. I could see them flip-flopping, especially if Willams is the next coming of Peppers/LT.

4. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Three posts about current Texans. Not bad. How about this?

Our newest DE should help Seth Wand improve at LT if he goes against him in practice.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Veteran

Laughing Stock of the league. Thats where it puts the Texans.:loser

6. texanfan2100

texanfan2100 Veteran

Neither Babin or Peek can play OLB. I don't think they have the quickness to cover, which they have shown over the past two seasons. One of them moves to right end on passing down, with Williams moving to LE, and Weaver moving to tackle to take Payne's place. I don't know how they're gonna use Travis Johnson.

We still need another corner. Buchannan and Faggins aren't gonna cut it as a second corner.

7. Sco-tai

Sco-tai Veteran

FINGERS ARE SO CROSSED that we have an agreement with NO to trade our next 5 picks for their #1 this year.

I dunno. I mean. Ugh.

Seriously.

Did...wow. Reggie. Uh. Either we have some HARD CORE inside info on this recent scandle or.....or.....we're WANTING to drive away the fan base.

befuddled.

8. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

yes! with this d-line we will know how bad our o-line is before the first game. unlike previous years everyone was equally bad so no one knew we needed help untill it was to late.