Where do you think the Texans need to improve the most this off season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Dec 28, 2007.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

What are you're thoughts?:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

The win column preferably. :shades:

Right now: RB (first-round), FS, LT, no more Injury Bowls! :wild:

There's only room for one avatar in this town... :cowboy1:

3. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Improve field wise?

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

[​IMG]

I don't think we'll be getting a RB in the first round, but what do I know? Personally I think we need an O lineman in the first round, a defensive back in the 3rd round, and if we didn't pick up a RB in FA, the best of the left overs in the 4th round.

I know we need a good RB, we really do. But we have to fix the O line and the defensive backs first. What we have for RBs right now will be somewhat less than serviceable for next year, but with a good O line, they'll keep the opposing defenses a little honest. Maybe.

5. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Agree the top the on my list are the O line, RB's, and the back field.

6. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I'm hoping secondary, but thinking OL.

7. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

OLT in the 1st
    C in the 3rd
    DB in the 4th

8. gary

gary Hall of Fame

The seconddary needs it bad IMO.

9. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I'll give the same answer I gave last year...OL. DC was but part of (larger part) this mess. Let's give MS the time he needs and our backs some better holes.

10. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Along with the SD.

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

After six futile seasons, the priority has to be an offensive line. Through FA and the draft, it cannot be relegated to hope that our journeymen can just be good enough.

When you look around the league at the great and elite teams, they all have one thing in common: a great offensive line. And visa versa for the mediocre to bad teams. They tend to have very inconsistent lines.

If we simply fail to protect our huge investment at QB, then it is pointless to even bring him here. And without a consistent line, the coveted running game will never get off the ground.

I'd like to see some defensive backs and possibly a RB added, but that line has to be addressed as the priority this off-season, IMO.

12. gary

gary Hall of Fame

They played pretty well this year considering all the injuryies they've had.

13. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I tried giving you a rep for this, but I am told I can't becuase I have to spread more around. In any case, you are right. Very Right. I can't even being to mention how right you are. LOL

14. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Easily has to be the offensive line. I think if they are injuring QB's then they need to go ahead and get revamped. Too many injuries not to try to get more bodies.

Defensive backfield has to be really close right behind the Oline. With the emergence of Fred Bennett and Will Demps this need barely gets put behind the offensive line, but the need is still there. It's obvious that C.C. Brown is not really a great SS, and that we need some depth at CB.

After that it gets a little easier, I think we should get an RB and then an OLB. Both are positions of need, and the only reason RB is not in the same echelon of need as the Oline and DB's is because we have Ahman Green, and if he doesn't get cut this offseason (Which I don't think will happen), then we probably aren't going to try really hard to land any big name RB's. OLB is a need because as good as we want our defense to be, we can't let teams run Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones-Drew, and LenDale White all over us like we did this year. We know DeMeco is good, and I really just am not sold on how good Morlon Greenwood is. He's had 2 or 3 really good games this year, and has been pretty much a phantom the rest of the year.

After that I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a DE that's just speedy and quick. I would not be surprised to see this happen, and I wouldn't be mad about it at all.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

It's all relative, I suppose. Sub-.500 ball is never all that well in my book.

Our line has never dominated. We find successful plays in spite of the patchwork line, but it's not something we can count on in the way of being consistent. And consistency is the key in implementing a game plan, be it run or pass oriented.

We need quality depth to make up for injuries, and a career LT is still as elusive as ever for this franchise (Boselli curse?).

16. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I think we need to improve our Co-Ordinators positions first.

17. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Agree that's why I said considering.

18. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

While I admit our o-line has played better this year then in any other year, I think that if our QB's hadn't been so quick on the draw this year, we would have given up a lot more sacks.

Our best player on the o-line right now is Pitts and he's a journeyman at best. Winston has played well too, but tends to get a lot of false starts penalties called against him and gets pushed back too easily. Salaam is a good back up but isn't starting material. Run blocking is thier strongest suite, but none of the guys could be classified as true road graders. All in all, its easily the weakest part of the team.

With the emergence of Demps at FS and Fred Bennet at Corner, I'm pretty satisfied with our secondary (assuming DRob comes back healthy).

I think our most pressing needs are as follows:
    O-Line preferrably left tackle then center
    Running back
    Outside linebacker
    Corner (you can never have too many corners)

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

suprised this is missed

QUIT TURNING THE BALL OVER!

amazing we are what we are with the am't of turnovers we have

Texans Horror likes this.
  20. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

A ball hawk. Someone in the secondary who will punish you for a poorly thrown ball. We miss too many easy Ints its pathetic. Oh, and while we are on the subject, a side line to side line LBer. Outside of Ryans, we have no one who will make a play out of our LB corp.