Where do you find a silver lining?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

so many threads I didn't know where to stick this..so if one of the moderators find a common thread please combine

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

I can't wait till I read their take tomorrow on this

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Silver lining? How about "Only 5 more weeks until this bunch sits down until next season!"

That's my silver lining. I watched this game till halftime and then went to the store with my wife to get some Christmas shopping done. I was that certain the Texans would blow it. Sure enough we came out of the mall, got in the car, and turned on the radio. Overtime with the officials talking over a call. Next thing I hear is the touchdown is good and the Texans have lost.

I just laughed because I knew that was going to happen. I knew the Texans would lose this game like I know the sun is coming up tomorrow morning.

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

At halftime it felt just like the wildcard game against Buffalo.

David Carr needs to act like he's been there before.

This organization has gone from embarrassing to pathetic to disgusting.

4. touttail

touttail All Pro

As far as the key to beating the Rams.
    They aren't any. Just don't think the Texans will win another game with the turmoil going on in this organization!

This was my statement at the first of the week in another thread.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

bobby 119C:brickwall

5. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Oh Please! That was a playoff team on the brink of going to the Super Bowl for the first time that was involved in the Greatest Comeback in NFL history. This time it was a 1-9 team that didn't deserve to be leading the game to begin with.

6. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

I got to work on my tan during the game.

7. barzilla

barzilla Veteran

In all seriousness, the offense moved the ball consistently and this was easily Carr's best game of the season. The defense did get some pressure on the QB, but didn't cover beyond that. At least the coaches tried something different? :tomato:

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Actually, I was a little more certain of the Texans losing.

9. Texan Gal 312

Texan Gal 312 Veteran

Please, what does David Carr have to do with this ? The offense had THREE possessions in the second half. The first possession they drove 42 yards on third down Andre apparently comes down just out of bounds. The FG is missed. On the second possession they drove 58 yards. The possession ended when DD looked late for a pass and the ball deflected off his hands for an interception. The third drive came after the defense gave up the score to bring the Rams within seven. They drove 52 yards for the FG which should have iced the game.

Ok they had four possessions including the one in overtime. I think they got two first downs before punting. I thought they should have risked it and gone for it. I knew the defense had no chance against that 3rd string quarterback from Harvard.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree. While it's humorous to talk about the comparison, nobody can really take it serious. We saw a team today that we were supposed to see from game 1, and every once in awhile, the 2005 Texans would show up and muck things up....always at the "right" time, too. :brickwall

Silver lining? We're close to the no. 1 draft pick, a new coaching staff, and better season ticket seats. There's your silving lining for ya'! :ok:

11. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

I think what he meant with Carr was the celebration. Look, Carr runs all the way down the field, picks up Bradford and literally throws him into the ground. Uhh....stop, David? Uhh....1 and 10?

Other than that, he looked good today. Hopefully, they let him air it out some more. Also, did anybody notice that the HOUSTON TEXANS ran some freaking CROSSING PATTERNS? Wow....

12. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I didn't get that feeling until Marcus Coleman fumbled the interception. As soon as that happened and they scored on their second chance at the possession I knew we were in trouble.

13. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Just watch Jerome Mathis.