Where are the 8-8 or better posters now?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by highroller28, Sep 18, 2006.

1. highroller28

highroller28 Rookie

Who's still sticking to their lofty ambitions and who admits to having a brainfart of catastrophic proportions?

hollywood_texan likes this.
  2. ojthecat

ojthecat Veteran

I admit that I was under the influance of the new coach fumes and I was over optimistic. That said I can say after 2 games we are worse than we were last year.

3. cred

cred Rookie

Don't be a hater! I still think that they will get the "majority" of their wins in the second half of the season.:homer:

4. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I predicted 5 games at the beginning, but I think we might be 2 and 14 again......just goes to show you that no matter what coaching staff you bring in the team will suck if the personnel sucks.

5. afcman

afcman Veteran

I sure was hoping. I didn't think the Giants would be that good. (But I knew they are a good team.)

6. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

That is a bold statement. Do you remember the Buffalo and Pittsburgh games last year?

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Right here. I think we have a very good run in the second half of the season. We probably won't do as well as I thought we would but I think by the end of the year we're mostly going to making fun of all the guys who are coming unglued over 0-2.

So many of you guys (not talking to you highroller28, just "talking") seem to think this junk happens overnight or something. You act like one camp, a preseason, and two games should have us looking like the Broncos last year but you take nothing into account. You ignore roster turnover, system (offensive and defensive) turnover, and simple things like how we played ok in the preseason but in case nobody noticed Kubiak didn't find his running backs until after the final cut (Dayne) and after the first game of the year (Gado). Then you freak out because we have no running game.

Didn't you think Kubiak saw that? He went out and got new backs even though our guys were tearing it up in the preseason. Wonder why that was? Maybe he thought to himself "This looks ok for now but we can do better" or something along those lines.

It's two games in but I don't feel like I did last year after we lost to Pittsburgh. The reason is that last year we were really 50 games into the Dom Capers era after that Pittsburgh beating, not just 2 games into 2005.

We're two games into the Gary Kubiak era right now. Do you know where we were two games into the Dom Capers era? We were coming back from San Diego after having been beaten into tiny little pieces. Dom's regime peaked at 7-9 in their third year.

Building anything takes time. It won't take nearly as long to build this time and our talent level isn't the dregs so many people are making it out to be. They've just got to be taught and "un-taught" before they can perform at the level we (all of us including I'm sure Gary Kubiak) expect them to perform at.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  8. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

at least we had a running game last year....it's not a stretch to say that we are worst.

9. TFL

TFL Veteran

I still think we are a 6-10 team or a 7-9 team. The Pass D needs to get better, but I think we can still get to 6 or 7 wins.

10. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I aint goin nowhere...just ur thread is dead...im a king homie...

AND I STILL SAY 8-8...SO CHOKE ON THAT SON. :)

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Nothing like a virtual stoning in the public square. This will no doubt help the dialogue on this board.

12. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

I'm right here I've said 8-8 sence OTA's and I've stated why in many other threads. It a long season and we are TWO FRIGGEN games into it get over the losses and get ready for Wash.

13. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Thanks for saving me the effort. I still think we can realistically finish 8-8.

14. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

We started out 0-2 in 2004 and went into Arrowhead and beat a pretty good Chiefs team, then ended up going 7-9 with a shot at 8-8 only to tank the Browns game. QB rating aside, that was one of the few times I came away impressed with Carr. Even though KC's defense was poop, Arrowhead is a pretty tough place to play no matter what.

FFWD to current-day. We'll be playing a tough Redskins team with their backs to the wall, but if we can pull out a W this Sunday then things just might start lookin' up.

15. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I am right here also. I have said all along and I will say it again, I feel we will go 7-9, maybe 8-8, with an outside shot at 9-7. That outside shot doesn't look too good. But 7-9 to 8-8 is do-able.

What are you trying to do, get us to eat crow after week two? Do you really need to be validated that badly? A prediction that you don't think will pan out is a "brainfart of catastrophic proportions", really? This sensationalizing seems to be aimed at starting an argument rather than posing a very simple question.

16. jdog

jdog All Pro

I'm still thinking 10-6.

:homer: :texflag: :fans: :gotexans1

17. lsmoreno56

lsmoreno56 Rookie

It's only been two games and they've been against two of the elite teams of the NFL. This team is much better than last year's team. Show a little patience. Things will start clicking soon.

18. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

I still think we have a real chance to go 8-8. I marked the Eagles, and Colts down as a loss at the start of this year. So as far as wins and losses go, everything is as expected.

19. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I still think we could go 8-8 or better.

We played the eagles and colts.. and we are gonna get better as the season wears on, while our schedule gets easier.

I dont think we will make the playoffs.

20. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I am sticking to 8-8. I had both these as losses.