Where are all the people that would be complaining right now....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by playoff year please, May 15, 2006.

1. playoff year please

playoff year please Veteran

Where are all the people that would be complaining right now if Williams had a hamstring issue. All you #1 pick bashers would be having a field day if Williams was hurt, but since your man is hurt you won't talk about it. Boy, so many people can bash, but they can't praise or even say we might have gotten lucky. I know it too early to say with Bush, but you know the bashing would be unbelievable if it were Williams.

2. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

What is real interesting is he is practicing before he has a contract. That is generally a no-no. If he gets injured in this situation he is up the creek without a paddle. Tune in the for the next segment of "As the World Turns on Bush". In reality I hope things do turn out well for Bush and wish him the best of luck, its just he was not what we needed most. He has gone through a lot and I think he faces an uphill battle. He's had some unlucky moments of late.

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I would be shocked if he didn't have some sort of insurance policy in effect right now.

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I don't think you need a contract to go to mini-camp.

5. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

ALL top picks get insurance that covers them from before draft until contract signing, he is covered of course if he keeps gimping up my grandma will be able to cover him :crutch:

6. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

GO TEXANS!

7. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

lol It's a minor hamstring injury. You act like Reggie just Ki-Jana Carter'd himself. Reggie's injury isn't even an issue, so get off your high horse.

8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

The amount of Glare from you post is a problem for those of us who have faulty vision. I think making it a little bit bigger would reduce the glare factor.

9. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

It is easy for people to kick a man when he is down.

:deadhorse -That is easy, try it when the horse is MAD!

10. playoff year please

I am just tired of people bashing this team down. I wanted Young over Bush and Bush over Williams, but Williams probably makes more football sense.

11. skillz24

skillz24 Rookie

why the hell would you want young? sure he can scramble, but if you haven't forgotten atlanta has the best scrambler in the league and how many rings does he have? and bush, this kid is nothing, for the first eight weeks he draw some defensive attention, but once teams realize all he can do is return kicks and try to run down the sideline. he will be another failed college hero, because college and pros are a mile from one another. hell like at tom brady, he was a backup to brian greise, hmm we all know both of their stories a future hall of famer and a reject that jumps from team to team as a backup.

12. playoff year please

but we got Williams, and I am cool with that. I am a Texans fan, so if Young or Bush goes big time and Williams doesn't, I wont be one of those people saying we should have or could have had someone else. Anything can happen with a draft pick. I am not here saying that the Bush injury is a big deal, and even if it was, I would not be thinking it would have happened to us if we picked him.

13. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

Does Vince Young have a contract? He praticed... In fact I think almost all of the #1 picks are going to the 1st workout since they are nothing more then walk throughs...

14. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

15. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Wow, are you done? Please step down from your soap box now. He had a minor hamstring tweak. He MAY miss practice time. Getting all "I told you so!!" is ridiculous at this point in the game. Whats to say that would have happened if he had come here? Whats to say Williams wouldn't have had the exact same problem had he practiced in NO? Whats to say a minor hamstring tweak is EVEN WORTH TALKING ABOUT? Nothing. This has got to be one of the most argumenative posts I"ve seen yet.

16. playoff year please

I am looking for the Williams bashers and Bush lovers that would be ranting and raving if Williams was hurt.

17. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

The player that would have made the most football sence would have been D'Brickashaw Ferguson...even though everybody either wanted Bush or Young...the reason Ferguson would have the best pick for us would be because you have a quarterbak in David Carr that hasnt had the time in the pocket to show you what he can really do, I think he's going to have a great year this year...You already have a 1,000 yard rusher in Domanick Davis who can run the ball for most of the season and we could have drafted a running back in later rounds or free agency or trade...I dont think we really needed Mario Williams because we signed Anthony Weaver and N.D. Kalu to help fill needs and depth on the defensive line...to me Ferguson would have been the smartest and safest choice and would eventually beome a domanint player in this league in the next few years.

18. texanfan2100

texanfan2100 Veteran

This area is called a messageboard. It's generally where fans come to express their OPINIONS. I don't feel bad about thinking that the Texans took the wrong player, because 95% of the world thinks they should have taken Bush. I'm gonna be fair, though, and wait to pass final judgement. I'm certainly not gonna admit being wrong based on a tweaked hamstring.

By the way, saying the Texans picked the wrong player is not "bashing" them.

19. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

As many as Peyton Manning and Dan Marino COMBINED. The ring arguement is stupid. Vick is a multi-probowl quarterback with one of the highest winning percentages as a starter since he was drafted and 2 successfull playoff runs (successfull being defined as more than 1 and done).

20. B.Diddy

B.Diddy Veteran

Missouri City T.X./ Sam Houston State University
    You took the words out of my mouth