where are all the haters

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by utahmark, Oct 26, 2008.

1. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

we win and look good so naturally the board is dead. i swear there are some posters on this board who want us to look bad so they will have something to comlpain about.

2. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

dont worry they will find something

:fans:

3. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I think there are a lot of fans who won't buy in until we beat a good team. The Vikings aren't great, but to beat them on the road (when we're such a horrible road team) would bring'em out of the woodwork I guarantee you.

I'm so looking forward to the next game. This was a great confidence builder against a bad team... now they take that on the road against an okay team that will be favored to beat them. I smell an upset.

4. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

yea... I wasn't on here much during the Lions week because I expected us to beat them. A lot of people expected us to beat these teams. No one is going to buy in until we play like this against a team above our at our level. I was happy that we beat these two teams...but for some reason all I can think about is that we should have beat the Jags and the Colts :( I know that is way in the past...just hard as a fan to knowing what could have been.

5. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

I wish that people who decide to post messages in public view, taking others to task, would learn to use spell check.

Learning when to use capitalization would be a plus.

Happy now?...:D

:jk: with you.

:coffee:

6. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Pretty much two beatings in a row against the worst two teams in football isn't much to galvanize the fan base. The Dolphins game was a good one but these were both glorified scrimages.

Probably these two wins only really accomplished costing the Texans Brian Orakpo

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I don't know, am I a "hater"?

Just checking because everyone has a slightly different version of what makes a hater. To some people I am and to others I'm not. Anyone who really thinks that Richard Smith's defense turned a meaningful corner today could probably classify me as a hater if I started writing about that. I won't though becuase I'm in a good mood right now. The team finally put a bad team down and kept them there. That was a lot of fun and so I see no reason to dwell on what I saw that was wrong today (and yes, there were things wrong). Instead I'm just going to enjoy all the stuff that went right.

8. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I guess I'm a hater too, because I'm totally with you. Nobody roots for this team harder than I do - but like you said - these are teams they SHOULD beat. Now - if they win on the road against the Vikings? Sheeeeeeeeit - that will have me jumping out of my skin!

9. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I'd guess I'm a hater. I'm just ecstatic right now that the Texans handled two of the worst teams in the league. One of them convincingly.

Seriously, this is a step in the right direction - the Texans have won three in a row against one team around their level and two they should have beaten. In years past the team would have lost at least one of those games. The proof will be in how they handle average and above average teams, as other posters have already stated.

This comment is, or could easily have been, directed at me. I don't correct the spelling of people who disagree with me. I do for those who call others dolts and imbeciles because those other people disagree with their own inflated, self-important opinions. There's a difference.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

If I have one complaint from todays game its the 57% third down conversion rate for the Bungles.

Other than that , no complaints.

11. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

most other teams dont hate the texans IMO we are one of the most well liked fans around the league and team and one of the most ignored

the only fans that really kinda hate us are

Titans
    cowboys and saints

thats about it really

its not like we are the philly or boston of the NFL LOL

12. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

i wasnt talking about any of you guys. there are a couple of guys inparticular, but mainly just the fact that after wins there are less people here posting than after a loss. guess just human nature.

13. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

is there a spell check on here? you will just have to deal with the capitalization, cause i refuse. i would use spell check if you will point me to it.

14. cuppacoffee

Runner...Not sure what you mean by this.

I directed no comment toward you...I called no one a dolt or imbecile...I never have, never will.

I don't recall correcting the spelling in any of your posts', or any other post.

I added a j/k smilie so markbeth wouldn't take offense and would realize it was all in good fun.

I don't see in my post where I disagreed with anyone....or expressed an inflated, self-important opinion, or any other type of opinion.

If I misinterpreted your response I apologize in advance.

15. cuppacoffee

So glad to see you took the post in the manner it was intended.

You were looking for all the complainers...I couldn't complain about the game so I jokingly complained about your spelling. I think others might have taken umbrage to it.

I'm not a stickler for spelling or punctuation in other posters comments.

I try to use correct spelling and punctuation in deference to the late Sister Evangelist who was my English teacher in HS. Just a personal thing.

Thanks for understanding.

Malloy likes this.
  16. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yuo imbisals! :)

17. cuppacoffee

He plays basketball...this is a football forum. :D

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I agree. I'm going to enjoy this for a day or so. Maybe watch it a couple more of times....
    :D
    But by Weds I'll start fretting about going on the road to Adrian Peterson and Minnesota.

19. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

I will second this comment.

Plus, speaking for the people who went to the game, we are tired. Four tailgates/games in four weeks took it out of us. We are happy, just tired. I got on last night looked around, read some threads and went to bed at 8:30. Which I am now paying for by being up at 4:30. :aggressive:

20. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I think if you look at the big picture ... which is playoffs ... then we have a ways to go . I'm happy we've won but as mentioned in other post we beat the teams we should have beaten . Ultimate giddyness cannot be achieved because of the way we blew the game before the streak and we'll have to steal a few games to get that back .

I'm clinging to 6-9 the rest of the season to put us at 9-7 for the year .