When our defense plays the Titans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, May 20, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9447461

:fireball: :superman:

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16452
    there is a discussion over there about it

2. Tex Trenches

Tex Trenches Veteran

Wait untill the Titans see our "Mario Williams Blitz Package".

3. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

The Titans are going to have to worry about more than 1 DE. I will leave it at that.....

4. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Something tells me that if the option were going to be emensely successful, Vick would be running it just about every down.

That being said, if it IS successful, then I don't think we'll have to worry about Vince Young for too long...he may be tough but he's no David Carr!

5. GP

GP Go Texans!

Ooooo.......

I'm sure NFL defensive coordinators are shaking in their boots.

Try that stuff in the NFL and see where it gets you. The first time he gets drilled in the back by a blitzing corenerback from the blindside...or a rushing defender forces him to throw a risky ball rather than get speared in the chest by an NFL-caliber defender...then we'll see how effective and how often they call that particular package.

Bring it on. I'd love to see how well it works.

6. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

LOL, dude that is the most brain dead thing I have ever heard. Vince Young is better than Carr could ever dream of becoming. VY is better than Carr in every aspect. Carr has been a complete bust and thank god that Kubiak is here because he isnt married to Carr like Capers and Cass were. Kubiak will drop Carr like a bad habit once he sees how horrible of a QB Carr is. Everyone thinks they can fix a trainwreck but sometimes its best to give the loser the boot and find ourselves a new QB that doesnt suck so bad.

doug from the woodlands

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

1. Joined in Aug 2005.

2. 34 posts in almost a year.

3. And your screen name is Honeymoonisover.

Thanks for the love. If you want to hate our team, just go over to the Jags board or Titans board, or Colts board. They'd love to entertain your Carr-hating. Way to root for a guy to fail. :superman:

Kubiak wouldn't waste his time with Carr if he felt he wasn't a guy worth keeping. Next time you back up a hall of fame QB, coordinate an NFL offense and win championships with them, and also grab an NFL head coaching position, just let us know.

Honeymoonisover but the childrenaregrowingupandlookingawesome.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

On second thought, no comment!!!

9. Jwwillis

Jwwillis All Pro

The reason you don't see the QB option in the NFL is the defenders tee off on the QB if he pitches it or not. Moon used to run that play, he stopped after taking several brutal hits one slicing open his chin.

10. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

the ignore feature is an excellent idea

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

LOL!

Good one. Point well taken..........

He doesn't even list where he's from, which probably would read "Indianapolis," or "Jacksonville," or "Nashville."

12. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

I wish I had seen the NFL games you have seen that Vince Young has played in. Then maybe I could feel as confident about him as you do.

13. tex

tex Veteran

Just another I didn't get what I wanted in the draft troll.

14. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

That has always been the best way to stop the option. DE nails the QB whether he pitches the ball or not. Let the guys behind you worry about the RB.

The first time they try the option against the Texans will be the last time.

15. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

First of all...the point I was making was that he can't be nearly as tough as David Carr...there's not a QB in the league that can claim that other than PERHAPS Brett Favre. But he hasn't taken as much of a beating as Carr.

Second of all...Carr hasn't put up bad numbers, he just hasn't produced. In fact, no QB would have produced with that offensive line...I don't care how fast he is.

Finally...Vince Young hasn't played a down in the NFL. Therefore, by DEFAULT, he cannot possibly be better than David Carr. Kubiak is the one who lobbied to KEEP Carr...not the other way around. And there's no way you can tell me Young's passing motion is better than Carr's. Everyone who knows anything about Vince Young knows that he has A LOT of work to do to get his passing up to the NFL level (As was the situation with Vick). We could argue about this all day, but you can't prove you're right anymore than anyone else can...

You might want to separate your lips from Vince's butt. I have a chainsaw if it will help.

16. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

How come nobody has given you the boot as of yet?

17. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

It is just going to be a dog fight in the AFC South. Which is all I can say. 3 rivals we'll face every season at least twice. The 4th I guess depends on which season we play that particular division. No matter, I think that the Texans are going to be much improved team starting this upcoming seasonand great things are ahead for this franchise.

VY may be a great NFL QB in the future, and I hope he does well. Except for when he plays the Texans. Love the hometown guy, but that guy is playing for the division rival now. It's all good. Super Mario, D-Rob and co. will be ready for VY and the Titans.

18. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

it is possible that the Tacks coaches are adding the option in order to prove it to Vince that it doesn't work in the NFL. Or to use the first time Vince gets hit as an example as to why they don't run it in the NFL, with the reason being that they don't want to get their high-dollar QB hurt.

19. NoBullTexan

NoBullTexan Veteran

Vince USED to be the hometown kid, now he is just the opposing QB.

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

These types of plays will be great for sportscenter highlights, but if they want to be successful, they'll need to mix in some traditional QB duties (like drop backs and passing). VY will get slaughtered if this type of offense is the bread and butter. NFL defenders are too quick and defensive coordinators too crafty to allow a one dimensional offense to consistently produce.