What's your interest level in the NFL draft?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TexanSam, Apr 19, 2011.

?

Interest level in the draft?

1. More interested

20 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. Less interested

44 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. About the same

42 vote(s)
    39.6%
  1. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Just out of curiosity, what's your interest level in the draft this year compared to previous years? With the players and owners constantly whining and no end to the lockout near, I was wondering if people even cared about it at this point.

2. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

1%...I'm assuming they'll screw it up.

3. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I'm just as interested in the draft as previous years, but I will rapidly lose interest if they don't get this thing sorted out before the regular off-season activities and pre-season are supposed to be taking place.

4. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I'm more interested only because I have been reading a lot more about the prospects this season.

5. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Kinda where I stand.

:coffee:

6. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

make that three.

7. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

My interest in the draft is about the same. I have every confidence in Smithiak to totally "F" up the draft.

steelbtexan likes this.
  8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

m'eh, I'll read about the results on the internets the next day like I do every year. It's just not that compelling to watch, IMO.

9. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

My interest level is the lowest it's ever been for the NFL draft. Mostly it's due to the Texans and the growing apathy I feel towards them. The only thing that will change that now is to win and go to the playoffs and experience that feeling. The other reason is because this NFL draft doesn't have a lot of exciting big name players. Cam Newton is the only really nationally known big name player in this draft. Lastly, I have a lot of things going on that week and weekend of the draft and I may not be able to watch it.

10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Less interested. As it gets closer I'll probably perk up some interest somewhere. Frankly I'm more looking forward to all the cheering and moaning going on here than I am in the actual draft itself. :lol:

11. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Less interested by far. This time last year, I was all giddy. I knew exactly what that weekend was going to entail- what friends I was chilling with, what beer, what pizza, I had pages and pages of mock draft/scenarios, the whole thing. This year? Meh. Like I said in another thread, I might not do a final Texans mock, and it is 50/50 on the final small school rankings. I am hoping that next week I get a jolt of excitement, but it is not looking good.

I will be glad to help you out in this regard.

12. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Much less interested - can't see the point in getting worked up over a draft when the players might not even play until November. I usually have a big fish fry and watch the draft with bunches of folks. This year, I had the fish fry early. I will probably watch parts of the first round just because when football calls........:hurrah:

13. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I'd have to say its significantly less this year for a veriety of reason including and beyond the labor problems.

14. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

About the time we hit 5-7 again last year that was my main reason for coming here. :lol:

15. nut

nut All Pro

I think it is important this year because we have stunk it up for so long. i am very sick of losing. And the tickets are pretty expensive for the amount of enjoyment we have gotten out of the team. I would feel good about paying for the tickets if we were to make the playoffs. Maybe making the playoffs will become a priority.

16. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

Less interested....

Not really even because of the whole NFL CBA issue

More has to do with the Texans. Still upset about last season, Kubiak, what I fear is a coach in waiting in Wade, just the whole effing thing still bums me out..... 1st time ever it has taken me this long to get over a season.....for any team for any sport at any time. 2010 was a complete effing FAIL and the whole Kubiak thing was just insult to injury.

Plus this team is know for taking...let us just say...not my 1st choice in picks usually in the draft. I'm still interested, but def not as much as usual years.

17. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

My NFL Draft interest is always 110 on a scale of 100 ... love it. :fans:

18. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

I'm with Nawzer, my interest in the draft is at an all time low and my apathy for the team at an all time high. I did go ahead and pay for half my season, and that stung. They'll get their other half on May 17th and no sooner. I'm looking forward to that 1% simple interest I'll be receiving.
    :kubepalm:

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Less. With all the holdout stuff and no Free Agency I've simply have to remind myself the draft is 8 days away.

20. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Same. I'll read about it after the fact but never watch it.