What's your impression of Babin so far?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by noxiousdog, Nov 4, 2004.

1. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

2. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

Babin has good feet and good hands to get passed defenders, but i think sometimes he gives up on the plays a little to early. Plus we have to remember he is playing a new position and it takes a little time to get all the techinques down to be affective ! But i will say from what i've seen he looks to be progrssing very good and i'm excited about him playing here for years to come. And i dont know about dropping out into coverage, he seems a little slow unless were playing zone to where he dont have to chase recievers around, but its something i have'nt really noticed !

3. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I agree with TexansTrueFan. Babin is showing progress each week and since he is playing a new position, he still has alot to learn.

To me, it seems likes he's getting pushed out too easily by the stronger offensive linemen. Conditioning and technique improvement will make him a much better player.

4. TexansTrueFan

Yeah when he's in there trying to spin of the O-line he gets nowhere (occasionally gets pressure) He needs to use his hands a little more and spin a little less, and it seems like he tries to run around the oline sometimes and you cant do that, unless you expect our secondary to cover the WR all day !

5. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

yes hes damn good and hes healthy...thats all i want right now, no injuries that might restrict him....GOOOO TEXANSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. TexansTrueFan

oh i agree with you he's a good player he just has a lot to learn before he is a REALLY good player !

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

He is a rook that hasn't been called for many mistakes. He is doing fine. He is one of those ascending players we have that Capers was talking about.

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

People look at sacks way too much as an indicator for competence. He has been money on the goal line and in stopping the running game. Have we given up a rushing TD this year to running backs? I don't remember too many. Most 3-4 OLB conversions take two solid years to blossom. Heck Wong has taken two and he converted from an inside linebacker.

9. TexansTrueFan

He is definatley a beast at stopping the run and makes good open field taclkes i think L.T can back me up on that !

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I just looked up the rushing TD stat. We are fourth in the league by allowing only 3.

Team G Pts/G TDs Run Rec PR KR Int Fum BPnt BFG PAT FG SFTY 2-PT
    Chicago 7 17.3 11 2 7 0 0 0 1 0 1 10 15 0 0
    Arizona 7 20.3 14 2 8 1 1 1 0 1 0 10 14 0 3
    Baltimore 7 14.3 9 3 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 13 0 0
    Houston 7 20.4 18 3 14 0 1 0 0 0 0 17 6 0 0

Tomlinson has one: (9:55) 21-L.Tomlinson left guard (not Babin's side) for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN
    Zereoue has two: (7:17) 28-A.Zereoue left guard (not babin's side) for 55 yards, TOUCHDOWN
    (:51) 28-A.Zereoue up the middle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/HOU

11. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Zeroues where flukes, but thats still not bad considering we have played agains Preist Holmes and Fred Taylor already this year.

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Very true. You think about the one Zeroue got and man we are down to two in 7 games. Not bad. Let's hope we keep it that way this week also.

13. georgewashington

georgewashington Veteran

Im sure you have all been waiting on my answer. I just wanted to point out that many of my points from other posts have been reiterated (however maybe in a better way that is less controversial and more appropriate)

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I think Babin has shown a lot of promise . He makes Very Few mistakes , no dumb penalties . He's been Outstanding against the run and has held his own in coverage , both were area's i had concern's about prior to seeing him play . He keeps outside containment very well and is probably the best open field tackler on the team . As far as rushing the passer , it hasnt been "Stellar" but he has been effective . I think getting stronger would help him there .... overall ..... not too bad for a rookie.

15. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

he had that 1 late hit out of bounce, LT i think it was. i kind of enjoyed that hit though. but overall, id say he is coming along just fine. has great speed and is strong and a good tackler.

16. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Babin is the man.

He is much better than Peek. :BananaWav

17. TexansTrueFan

Babin sucks peeks tha man ( YEAH RIGHT )
    Why some people are stuck up peeks A** i dont understand
    heres the facts get em straight
    When its the rush peeks always late
    looks stupid out there all alone
    while the opposing teams RB's running to End Zone
    Thank god we have babin to stop the run
    cause if priest had scored 4 td on us it wouldnt be fun
    So listen now and listen good
    Peek is the back up is that understood ???

18. georgewashington

georgewashington Veteran

Funny how all this is said, and i have a feeling in my direction but a previous quote from this same person "Yeah when he's in there trying to spin of the O-line he gets nowhere (occasionally gets pressure) He needs to use his hands a little more and spin a little less, and it seems like he tries to run around the oline sometimes and you cant do that, unless you expect our secondary to cover the WR all day !" is exactly the points i have already made in the past. Interesting a little bit to me.

19. TexansTrueFan

yeah i did say that all he does is spin and go nowhere but he's only played this position for what 7 games come on i think he is still doing very well !! And dont get me wrong i actually like peek and think that one day he might make a great player for some team, but problably not ours ! But babin just needs a little more experince and if i'm not mistaken our defense has played very well lately only allowing 3 rushing td's think babin might have something to do with that ?

20. TexansTrueFan

oh and georgy that lil poem was for you hope ya liked it !