Whats wrong with Peek?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansNeedRBin05, Apr 27, 2005.

1. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

I have watched alot of Texans game since they became a franchise in 2002 and I got to say I have watched Peak and I have been impressed with him. We need to get to the QB and he and Babin are both going to do that so whats the big beef with him? Pass Protection? I mean when we played the Jags didnt he get an Int/Fumb for a TD?

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster_detail.php?PRKey=54 heres what the site says about him 6'3 250 is good size!

2. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

First thing,... its Peek, not Peak... How much have you watched him... :woot

3. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

no one really knows whats wrong with him.. I mean.. there are rumors that he has only been a situational pass rusher for us because the coaches are not satisified with his ability to read the offense and make the play where he needs to be.

Some have said that he is a loose cannon and will blitz when he is supposed to cover.

others say that he is weak against the run.

*shrug* I dunno.. all i know is that the coaches have not yet trusted him enough to make him the starter.. but chances are hes gonna get the nod this year so we will see how it goes :)

4. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Peek was a DE in college, and switched to OLB much like Babin has. Why it has taken so long for him to get on the field is probably due to the fundamentals of his new position.

5. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

He doesn't have the best coverage ability, he is a lot like Joey Porter when he came out of college.

6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Because he leaves the playbook in his car in the open for it to get stolen.

7. There was nothing wrong with the selection of Peek on to this team. You expect us to draft a LB every year. Peek has all the tools be a Porter type player, he's very aggressive and creates plays. If he stays healthy and has learned his position then we should be set there. The question is, can he keep healthy and has have we groomed him enough to be an every down player. He had a couple of seasons now and this is typically when a rookie starts to push for the starting spot. Now it's his. Let's see what he can do post to post. Once of my biggest concerns is if he goes down, who replaces him?

8. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Wong probably.. with Polk stepping into the vacant ILB spot.

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I will replace him and finish the season with at least 5 sacks.

10. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

peek is projected to be the starter at ROLB...there is nothing wrong with him...we just had a lot of linebackers last year...this year is the year that peek will earn a long term contract...if he finishes this season with something like the 10 sacks i'm projecting him to get he'll end up with a huge deal at the end of the season...babin was a first round pick and with all they gave up for him we had to start him

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I'd say with the off-season moves, the coaching staff are comfortable with Peek getting promoted from situational guy to starting ROLB. DE converts often take a while to hit starting status. Strikes me that there is nothing wrong with Peek and more wrong with fan impatience and perceptions--i.e. if he hasn't hit the field yet something must be wrong with him and one of the Texans' top draft needs is OLB. Obviously the GM/coaching staff disagreed.

12. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Yeah and then you will head off to Buffalo for more $.

13. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

there are probably some also thinking well babin was a DE and he started as a rookie OLB, so why isnt peek, or whatever... peek wasnt even 1st round talent as a DE, so if a first rounder took almost a complete year to finally get comfortable like babin did... think about the problems the non first round DE, peek had... get what im saying?

14. The biggest thing about Peek is his durability. He hasn't show that he can last more than a few games before getting significantly injured. It's no wonder we are stockpiling up on linebackers. I hope the best for Peek this year and that he stays healthy, otherwise it's going to be a tough one.

15. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

I think at 6'3 250 he should be fine as far as injury's go! :thumbup

16. So anyone that weighs 250 has no injuries? Boselli should have been another Lou Gehrig.

17. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

The moves the Texans have made in the offseason are going to allow for Peek to start at OLB. I was frustrated last year with his lack of playing time, so now I'm excited about Peek being a probable starter.

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

The guy had some sort of minor injury in 2003 and then a freak shoulder injury late in 2004. Geez, some folks want to call anyone who has ever had an injury, injury prone.

19. And some guys try to sugarcoat these things.

20. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

and some people look for the negative in everything.. no matter how stupid it may make them look.

a minor injury in 2003, and we all saw the freak shoulder injury.. he dislocated it diving into the endzone, remember?

There is injury prone.. and then there is just "has been injured before".. Peek has been injured before.. Fred Taylor is injury prone :P.