What's with the Carr bashing...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by texan279, Nov 20, 2006.

1. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

When Faggins and Cook basically single handedly cost us the game yesterday? I've seen about 20 threads bashing Carr, 1 about Cook, and 0 about Faggins. The one INT Carr threw was AJ's fault not Carr's, AJ had the ball taken out of his hands, again. I've read that Carr is not a leader blah blah blah because he couldn't bring us back, yet we were down 14-0 in the 1st quarter but we came back and took the lead and then our defense lets Buffalo march down the field and score a game winning TD in the last minute and a half. Faggins gets burned not once, but twice in the 1st quarter for 2 80+ yard TD's yet people come here to bash Carr. :confused:

2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I think the INT was Carr's fault, personally, but I agree with you in what you are saying.

You just have to ignore what they say. Personally I find their arguments dull, childish and generally misguided.

Those of us who know better just have to steer clear of the ignorance. Keep fighting the good fight, bro!

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Because one should expect more from a guy that gets paid 7 million a year, like mixing in a TD pass through a 4 game stretch. Faggins and Cook were part of the problem in the first half. This was a team loss and not squarely on Carr's shoulders, as is the case mostly every time.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

The interference call on AJ was him preventing another int. by Carr. I can't say what I think about Carr right now.

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

See, texan279.... you have to understand that if the Texan receiving core doesn't get in position to snag a TD, it is Carr's fault.

It takes two to get a receiving TD, KT, and yesterday there wasn't a chance for that.

6. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

First interception, IMO:

1) Carr throws a floating jump ball to Andre. Not a very good throw, but not always bad because Dre catches a lot of these. At least it was a shot downfield.

2) Andre loses jump ball. Sometimes this happens in jump ball situations. I thought he fought hard for the ball.

3) Defensive end blows by a Winston whiff and Carr gets nailed as he throws. This lack of room may have led to the ball floating more than intended.

7. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I think the interference call on AJ was a smart play, I am talking about when he had the ball stripped from his hands for an INT for the second time this season.

8. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

AJ had the ball in his hands IIRC, if he is supposed to be such a big strong WR, why does he keep getting balls ripped from his hands by DB's?

cuppacoffee likes this.

9. real

real Guest

He was just pointing out another Carr mistake....

A.J had to stop the guy from intercepting it because of a poorly placed throw by Carr....

10. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Four games, not yesterday. Four games which is a quarter of a season. We are going back to the future unfortunately.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I know, I was just adding another, seperate thing, in case ya'll didn't know.

12. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Carr threw 22 completions in a row? I was at the game and extremely underwhelmed with his feat of high QB ranking daring do.

He doesn't make plays. Not that he wouldn't if he could, but he can't. Ok he can but not to the level needed to be a leader and a winner in the NFL. He threw 22 dinks and dunks in a row and I looked to my kid and said this reminded me of that #@$^%@#$@$%Y$ run and shoot without the rocket armed Warren Moon.

Here's the bad news.

Gary Kubiak is a good coach but I find that unless it's John Elway under the snap, this controlled roll/running QB style is awful. I want a team that keeps the QB in the pocket throwing darts and bombs downfield. I want the 92-95 Cowboys. I want the Patriots. I want a team that doesn't have as it's centerpiece an undersized, weak armed QB running for his life. Wake me when the Dave Krieg era is over in Houston. Actually that was an insult to Dave. Krieg.

13. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Many of our posters would rather blame Carr for Andres' wussiness in fighting for the ball.

14. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

AJ nearly tore his hammy up trying to save Carr from that int. Carr can't throw a consistent fly. They need to take that out of the playbook. Also they need to tell David the other teams are hip to his love affair with AJ. When the chips are down and it's 4th and 2 you need to us AJ as a decoy. Did Terrell Owens catch a ball in the second half yesterday when the Cowboys made their little piece of history (gag me)? I don't think so.

15. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

And it wasn't Faggins. It was our good run stopping but short legged too slow Jason Simmons and earlier CC Brown who got burned the worst. they couldn't complete the triangle of coverage in time when that little water bug took off down the sideline.

16. cuppacoffee

Because AJ is severly overrated.

Here's positive rep coming your way.

:coffee:

17. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

It has become very clear that we need to acquire (draft, trade, or FA) a NFL quality CB to play opposite Robinson. Also, WTH was CC Brown on those two Evan's TD?

18. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

re the Dave Krieg comparisons:

Most Fumbles, Season
    23 Kerry Collins, N.Y. Giants, 2001
    Daunte Culpepper, Minnesota, 2002
    21 Tony Banks, St. Louis, 1996
    David Carr, Houston, 2002
    18 Dave Krieg, Seattle, 1989
    Warren Moon, Houston, 1990

Carr puts the ball on the ground more than Krieg did? Wow!

19. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

That was an excellent pass by Carr and AJ basically had the ball, but the Bills
    DB took it away from him.

20. cuppacoffee

Add this poorly placed throw to the following:
    1. AJ being out fought for the ball on the int.
    2. the fumble by Jameel,
    3. the two loooong TDs given up by our db's
    4. the lack of pressure on Losman
    5. the great gain of field possession our punter gained for us

I could name more, but lets run with the pack and bash Carr some more, its more in vogue these days.