Whats this? Respect? NO WAY!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DX-TEX, Nov 8, 2011.

1. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16027068/resilient-texans-flying-higher-but-below-afc-radar

:fans:

Ranger Tom likes this.
  2. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

This makes me all giddy inside!!!!

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Great find. Thanks for posting that.

John Madden has always said that the key to getting to the Super Bowl is that you want to be on a roll at the end of the season and that way you roll through the playoffs.

This is going to sound strange, but I think perhaps the Texans could stand to lose another game between now and the post season simply because I don't see them rolling for 9 or 10 straight games.

If they lost to Tampa Bay or Atlanta, they could then roll the next three or four games of the regular season, then two through the post season, and---boom---they're in the big show!

Just thinking out loud....

4. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Awesome! that pic of Brian Cushing is scary btw.:fans:

5. VTexan

VTexan The Realist

We should switch to those battle reds to match our new 'persona'....

.....and now i'm out of here before the debate beings!
    [​IMG]

santo and SeƱor Stan like this.
  6. Rey

Rey Guest

If the texans made it to the superbowl I'd cry.

7. Arsenal

Arsenal Veteran

They are playing good football for the most part. They deserve their due praise but the season is still young.

8. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Yep. In every sport there's always a team that gains momentum towards the end of the season and swoops in and everyone is like, "Woa! Where did they come from?"

Happens in baseball and the NFL.

Also, enough with the respect thing already. A source at ESPN told me that today they were discussing the Texans on one of their shows, and one or two people were arguing that the Texans are the best team in the AFC because we're still winning despite losing our major play makers.

The media has always liked and respected us. We've just never delivered.

9. jradMIT

jradMIT Veteran

I don't think its out the question that they can run the table, unlikely yes, but with defense and a running game you usually get pretty consistent play week to week. If they can go on the road this week and pull out a W and get to the bye, then after the bye get Dre back, it wouldn't be the craziest thing. They have a pretty weak schedule so they could still lay an egg and beat some of these teams left on the schedule.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Agreed.
    In this case, I'm worried about peaking too early.

11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Earlier in the season, I predicted 6-4 at the bye week and would have been happy with that. Now I want and expect nothing less than 7-3 at the bye. It's amazing how success changes your outlook on things.

12. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Yeah, let's lose a couple games so we don't win 9 in a row. Wouldn't want something like a 9 game winning streak mucking up playoff expectations.

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

If I'm Kubiak, I tell the "kids" to not listen to a word of this because we haven't done anything yet. Our goal this year has been to take it one game at a time, then win the division, then make it to the playoffs. All this talk about being seeded #2 and having a homefield bye for the playoffs is a bunch of talk if we don't take care of our primary goals. As much as I love the fact we are being talked about, our team has yet to make the playoffs no matter how you spin it. Keep your head down and keep working.

14. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

1 - 0 every game, every quarter, every possession, every play.

The rest will take care of itself.

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

Gotta' admit that it felt GOOD reading that article.

In the past, it was always "We THINK the Texans COULD be good this year..."

Now it's "The Texans ARE good this year..." and it's nice to see something positive written about us that has legs to it--Rather than preseason predictions, etc.

I don't think we're the best team in the AFC though. I think we could easily struggle against the cold weather teams up there in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, Cincinatti, and even Buffalo perhaps. That's what worries me. We need home field advantage in a big way, IMO.

Here's to hoping we beat Tampa Bay and get to the byw week with no further injuries. :cheers:

16. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

Just to add since it's sort of on topic...(Although not about the article itself)

That show "First Take" on BESPN had Kordell do his top 5 AFC rankins. He had:
    1) Ravens
    2) Steelers
    3) Bengals
    4) Patriots
    5) Jets

Then they did that stupid thing where Skip Bayless comes out to some dumb music and he "corrects" Stewart. He went over to go pick up the Texans helmet, and then left it there telling Stewart he had the right five. I wonder what he's gonna do when the Texans keep winning games and they continue doing this ****ty power rankings segment.

17. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Meh!! I remain cautiously optimistic.

This Tampa game is a big game. This is the type of game the Texans have lost in the past. Punch Tampa in the mouth and go into the bye 7-3 rather than 6-4.

18. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

It's unfamiliar territory for me since the Texans are the only team I have ever followed in the NFL(So I don't know how to feel about situations this season since they're franchise firsts). But for some odd reason I feel confident about this one...more than cautiously optimistic.

19. welsh texan

welsh texan Lest we forget

You just came dangerously close to labelling it a statement game!

:overreact: I just accidentally labelled it a statement game! :overreact:

20. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Its nice to see some love I am sure as the wins continue more will come. I think in a way it may be good for our players to have everyone doubt them, it keeps a chip on their shoulders. I have watched every game in Texans history and I am having more fun this year then ever before. Barring injury I expect the Texans make some noise in the playoffs. "IF" they get home field advantage this could be a amazing year.:koolaid::koolaid: