Whats the latest on Andre Johnson?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SugarLandTexan, Oct 10, 2007.

1. SugarLandTexan

SugarLandTexan Rookie

Has anyone heard anything?

2. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Cricket noises.

Actually, we should know more later today. We should get an update in the quotes after practice.

3. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Demeco Ryans last night on the radio said that Andre should be able to go in two weeks (hopefully that meant for the Titans game).

Take that for what it's worth...

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Interviewed after the game last Sunday
    He said the brace was off and he was working on rehabilitation and strength conditioning
    Said he was going to take it DTD

Apparently he is expected to probably miss another week or two and was seen as not optimistic

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I hope he's back in time for the Titans game. We need all the weapons we can get, because I see it as a 'must win'. I can't stand losing to them in our stadium, all things considered.

6. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Yup, it's going to be very difficult to win on the road at JAX given that they have the best scoring D in the league at about 10 points per game, and we are missing our best player, and others are banged up. We also have SD on the road the week after Titans, and that is going to be extremely difficult to win. That makes the Titans game a must win if they are wanting to stay in the thick of the playoff race. If not, we may fade quickly to also-ran status.

We need to win at bare min, 1 out of the next 3 to hold on. 2 out of 3 would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath. Then the schedule turns more favorable again and (crossing fingers) our health should be back at closer to full strength, so we can make a nice closing run and finish with about 9 wins.

7. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

This injury has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. How about Jacoby, Is he on his way?

8. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

i may be a homer, but I think there is no doubt we should win the next 3 games with or without AJ. JVille is overrated per usual, Titans have some payback coming there way, and Oakland still has no QB to speak of.

6-2 should be our target and I actually think we will get there.

9. texanskan

texanskan Veteran

we play San Diego before Oakland

10. duvalbill

duvalbill Rookie

Overrated? What leads you to that conclusion? I'm not saying you're wrong, but what makes you think that. The Jags are allowing the second fewest points in the entire league and the offense is starting to gain an identity. I think the Texans are going to have a very difficult time coming out of Jacksonville with a win, but it has been done before.

11. TexansSB07

TexansSB07 Veteran

Jags had a top 5 defense last season, how much help was it against us with a POOR QB and no running game. We have a great QB and 2 good WR's besides AJ, we looking for another win:fans:

12. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

[​IMG]
    "I've got a bad feeling about this."

13. duvalbill

duvalbill Rookie

I thought Jacoby Jones was out for the game as well. If so, who are these 2 other good WR's you speak of?

14. Spike

Spike Veteran

With the injuries on offense and the way the defense has started the past two games, I don't think any game that we play is a gimme. I really hope we can win 2/3, but will be satisfied if we are 4/4 at the half-way mark.

15. dickieb

dickieb Veteran

I hope the team doesn't view the Jags as overrated. Sometimes as fans we can get to feeling somewhat bulletproof about our team, I have confidence in them as long as they prepare for a tough hard fought game. Even if we end up blowing them out, it will be due to good execution and good preparation by us and not because the Jags suck.

16. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

I don't expect to see AJ any time soon. But I'm not worried. The Jags always have trouble with us. We've got their number and Schaub is gonna lead us to victory.
    :fans:

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

And the Texans scored one offensive TD each in three of their five games this season.

Go defense! Go special teams!

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Some stats are worthless, and some are just depressingly realistic. The one mentioned in your post is the latter. How folks can elevate us to an assumed dominant team is perplexing, IMO. As much as I want us to win with all my heart, my head says we'll be lucky to win 1 out of the next 3. We have some serious issues right now that can be exploited by our opponents. Hopefully some of this stuff is rectified and the Texans represent. Getting some of our playmakers healthy will be a big step in that direction.

19. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Andre's status for Sunday: According to Adam Schefter... very, very doubtful.

20. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I was reading the Austin-American Statesman today and they had the league leaders in there. Matt Schaub is third in the AFC behind Manning and Brady in passing yards. I was floored to find that out. Our run game has really put Schaub's heroics down. What I'm trying to get at is that I don't think that would be a worthless stat. Especially when it's *insert scrub here* catching the football. I would assume that teams know that we have no run game so our receivers are well covered in the endzone when we're in the redzone so we're forced to run the football and we all know that's not going to work with Dayne and Gado back there. I expect our TD numbers to jump drastically when Green comes back. The threat that he has just thins out defenses when they're defending our receivers. I don't know if I made much sense but it's how I'd parlay a stat to be misleading yet so valuable. We're not missing Andre Johnson as much as one would think but we're certainly missing Ahman Green for the threat that he brings to the table alone.

I guess I'm trying to say that Schaub's passing yards is a very realistic stat yet so worthless.