What would you do if the Texans move out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by mapleleaf, May 21, 2006.

1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Veteran

As for me I would return to Giantsland!

What about you? Would you follow the Texans?, Remain neutral and forget about the NFL? Or switch to another team?

2. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Would move to Dallas and remain a Cowboys fan. Idiot leadership in the past made us lose a contender - Lanier and co. I really don't even want to think about that happening. A big city like Houston should have all professional sports teams. And losing football again, would hurt my feelings. GO TEXANS!!!!! And **** all those that hate on the organization or don't think that it will amount anything.

3. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

I would have to revert to being a Vikings fan I guess. That would probably make New England my #1 team then in the AFC. I hope it doesnt come to that though because I'd like to think o' myself as a Texan-4-Life... :yahoo:

4. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Don't even think about it!! I felt so down when Oilers moved to Tenn. Houston deserve a football team no matter what.

5. texman8

texman8 Veteran

Ridiculous Thread....( What if ?) It's not going to happen in my lifetime. McNair is a honorable man; he'll pass it down to one of his sons. Except for LA and LV markets ,there are not any attractive markets left for NFL.

6. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

what an incredibly inane post! Texans are leaving Houston about same time we are doing interdimensional travel with supermodels...JEEZ Moderator can we please have a little sanity this morning:shoot:

7. texanfan2100

texanfan2100 Veteran

I don't think you're being fair. The question was obviously a hypothetical one, as it would not happen. But it is something to discuss and have fun with when there is, honestly, very little going happening on the field. Lighten up.

As for the question, I hate to say it, but I didn't follow the NFL that closely during the years the Oilers were gone. Until the playoffs, that is. All that was ever offered were Titan and Cowboy games, and I have no desire to watch either team. I would probably focus more on college football in that situation, like I did before.

8. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

If im not mistaken doesnt the city of houston own a portion of this team ? if thats the case i dont see the team ever going anywhere

9. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I would follow the team wherever they go. I am not only a fan of the team, but I am also a fan of the players. When you sit their and you root for the same players week in and week out it would be hard to go against them just because they left. If they moved out of Houston it wouldn't be the players fault.

10. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

Depends on where they went and who replaced them. If the Texans moved to Los Angeles and the Ravens came here, I would back the Ravens even though I don't like Art Model (sp?). If the Texans moved to San Antonio and the Ravens moved to Houston, I'd probably stay a Texans fan.

I'm pretty much a homer and will back the local team. I feel lucky right now, because I like our owner and the direction the team is going. Lets face it, you have to like an owner who will put up an additional $200 MM, to get a new franchise with $0 assets. I was an Oiler fan before this, but I'll have to admit, Bud made it real hard to remain a fan.

11. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I'll still follow them, but I would follow the Giants just a bit more...

12. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    NONONONONONONONONONONO!

That's what I would think for FOREVER...

However, (dang...this situation blows), I suppose I'd go back to following the Ravens. They were the first team that I played with on Madden and the first team I got close to (haha. I know; shallow, right?). But once I played with them in the game, I started following them on the field. I still look over there every once in awhile.

That, and I still like the Colts. They're the only team in our division that I don't really hate. The others we have genuine reasons to hate: Tennessee, in that they were the Oilers and left us. Jacksonville, because of the things they actually do to us on the field. Indianapolis? They're just kinda like the big brother than keeps beating up on the little brother because he's bigger than his little brother is and somebody says they have to fight. I like Dungy and what he's done with the Colts.

That being said, I'm SOOOO GLAD that Houston has football again and it killed me when some stations stopped broadcasting Texans games this last year. GOOO TEXANS!!!:francis:

13. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

If this town lost two teams in less than a dozen years or less than 30 years for that matter.....

I would completely snub the NFL. This town is too big to not have an NFL franchise, and in my opinion no excuse would be good enough to justify such a move.

College football would be all the football I would watch. ROLL TIDE!!!

14. B.Diddy

B.Diddy Veteran

Missouri City T.X./ Sam Houston State University
    When it happened the first time and the oilers went to tennessee i was still loyal to the players who publiclly stated a couple of times that they were still the Houston Oilers but after a while became disintrested in the NFL ......I will never ever ever cheer for the dallas cowboys my whole family is from dallas
    and it makes my skin crawl every time i hear "how bout them cowboys" :brickwall sorry i got a lil carried away lol

15. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Be more of an NFL fan more than anything because it wouldnt be the same, but would find a team that resembles the Texans the most. With that said, id probably keep a close eye on the Bengals and the Panthers for the hell of it.

16. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Wouldn't that be the team that moves out of houston? The teams not going away completely, just moving, I think

17. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

NOT gonna happen!! BUT, if it did, I would be done with the NFL forever!!

Losing the Oilers was MAJOR trauma!! Losing the TEXANS would just about kill me!! Therefore, since I want to LIVE, I would just give up the stress of NFL football!! (maybe):wacko: I still love the NINERS!!

18. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm with SheTexan

If the Texans left I would swear off the NFL and no longer watch it.

I couldn't be loyal to a league thats not loyal to its fans.

19. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Veteran

I'm guessing the other one is the Rockets...

20. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

hell has to freeze over before the Texans can move, but they do, I go back to being a broncos fan