What would the Texans have to do for you to be pleased with the season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gameguy89, Nov 21, 2006.

1. gameguy89

gameguy89 Rookie

There are too many different opinions to make a poll, so you guys will just have to write your own. ;)

Be it anywhere from just win a few, to something like bench Carr, what do you guys think? Or has our season already gone too far down the drain for you to be happy with it as a whole?

Personally, I think that we just need to figure out how to win. Not to reopen old wounds so soon, but the Buffalo game was a killer. On the contrary, the first Jacksonville game-- 27-7 -- was our second best win in franchise history. We need a few more wins like that, especially late in the season, just to show our players that not all games have to end like Buffalo. I, as a fan, was finally getting over the mentality of "something's going to go wrong" yesterday during the game when we came back and were up in the fourth quarter; I don't think our players are there yet. I'll be happy if they can reach that level; much less, I think, is a slight disappointment.

Unless Mario and Demeco can whip some *** from here on out
    :superman: :mario2: :drool:

2. Big78

Big78 Veteran

If we can play more than one solid game, the WHOLE game, i will be satisfied. I just want to see us take a lead and hold it till the final whistle blows. That or have us pull out a close one/have a comeback to win. we have to atleast win against the jets and the titans. I cant remember who all is left to play except that the patriots and colts are in there somewhere. If we can win just 2 or 3 more with the things i said before then i will be happy with our season. :twocents:

3. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Ii wouldn't say I'm down on the season. Winning more games would be great, but I didn't really expect more than 4 wins this season.

4. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Veteran

i'm already pleased. outside of a few games at the beginning of the year we've played tough and close every week and thanks to an amazing draft the future looks bright!

5. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I think if we can win two or more in a row and hold a couple of close leads/close out a game in the 4th quarter, it will be a good sign of progress. I think that with the injures we have suffered, we should be looking more toward the attitude of the team then the actual results and build for next season. All in all Im pretty happy with the season because I think we are a couple of missed chances away from a much better record and I see progress in the players and the team.

6. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

It would be nice to win two in a row so we can get that consecutive game monkey off our backs.

7. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I want us to be able to close games to our advantage. I hate when opposing teams are given a chance to come back. Increase the scoring minimizes the chance of someone coming back to beat us.

8. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Yeah, and we have to absolutly control the ball in the last two minutes. You can't give it up like that.

9. DeclanJr

DeclanJr Rookie

Bench Carr!

10. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

keep carr as the starter

11. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Yeah, we could get more accomplished starting Carr and getting a new kicker, than benching Carr and keeping Brown.

12. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

How about we win the games we're in position to win? If we win the game in Buffalo (like we should have), the game against the Giants(we were real close and could've won that game had we stopped them on multiple third downs), and the Titans game(we come back and we should have never been down that much), we're 6-4. I'm not looking at personnel changes, we just need to finish off games.

13. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Beat Oakland, Tennessee, and Cleveland and I would be semi-content going into the off-season. I don't care if it's Lionel Dalton, Travis Johnson, or Deacon Jones wearing that 75 jersey. Hell I don't care if it's David Carr or David Klingler under center ... just win.

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Win three of the last six games. That is all. If they do not, thet need to spend money/draft on the O Line and secondary and open up the QB position in camp to be earned next year.

15. grinch1134

grinch1134 Veteran

:mario3: Beat the hell out of Indy!!!! Get that monkey off our back. If they let Peyton play, Mario should try his best to take his smug XXX out.:superman:

16. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I want 3 or 4 wins and to end the season on a positive note . Then have an offseason like the one we just had . If that happens we'll 9-7 next year .

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

My answer is: Just get their sorry butts back on TV. :twocents:

18. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I would be happy with 2 or 3 more wins. More importantly, I would love to see a team attitude change where they know they can win and not give up a game in the last few seconds. We've now won on the road - if we can put together a little string of 2 or more wins in a row to get that out of the way before next year would be wonderful.

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Obviously we need more talent in all three phases of the game, so what would make me happy for this season:
    1) Offense - continue to improve, but the improvement needs to translate to more points and a better flow throughout the game.
    2) Deffense - although the D took a step backwards against the Bills, I think we are on the right track. Just need DB & LB help and overall depth. With that said, I would like the D to be able to "Close the Deal" at the end of games.
    3) Special Teams - for one, it would be nice if we ever got Jerome Mathis, but the obvious here is, for our punter and kicker to contribute more. That means, hit meaningfull field goals when needed (regardless of distance) and I would like Stanley to be able to boom a 50+ yarder late in a game when field position is critical....

All of that, coupled with about 3-4 more wins, may just salvage the season for me.

20. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

the team needs to stop giving up leads in the 4th quarter, for me to be happy, its just happened to many times, the D has been doing a good job creating turnovers, but more would be nice to, and the most important thing, hit the QB, and get some more sacks, but hitting him more would give us some help to, as long as he scared to stand in the pocket, then the D will get some more picks

GO TEXANS:redtowel: