Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What would be Schaub's trade value?

panamamyers

Waterboy
I made a joke to my friend who is a Buffalo fan a few weeks ago. The joke was that some team will be dumb enough to trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Alex Smith and the team dumb enough to do that would be the Bills.

Then I come to my own home board and see people who are advocating trading for Alex ****ing Smith. Alex Smith was benched for a reason, the guy sucks. People keep saying he's mobile? No, he's not mobile. He had one run in a playoff game that everybody remembers. Harbaugh made Smith look like a winner and now he is sending him packing as soon as he had Kaepernick ready.

Schaub has no trade value, this whole thread is nulll in void.
Everything you said about Alex Smith is exactly right....and he's still twice as good as Schaub.

Nawzer

Alienz
He has no trade value firstly because he is reliant upon the system. Without Kubiak's system, Schaub is not a starting caliber QB. Secondly, he has minimal arm strength, he has no mobility to speak of, and has no pocket presence. Lastly, he's just not a good player and why would any team want to trade for him? Teams are having success finding young QBs in the draft who come in ready to play in a pass first style offense and can make plays with their feet. Schaub offers no dynamism and unless he's playing in a Kubiak/Shanahan style offense he can't do much else at this point in his career which is clearly on a down slide.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
....TJ Yates could have given a better effort than Schaub did today.

The problem with trading or cutting Schaub is you still take the cap hit for his guaranteed money :headhurts:
Yeah, Schaub's not going anywhere. We're going to have to watch this SOB spiral out of the sky all the way down to the fireball he makes on the ground. He's got that cap number "death grip" on the team now. Wonder how many players they'll have to part with over the next two years to get out of cap trouble while Matt throws picks and plods into sacks. Can't afford to get him a line to make him better, we owe him $30 million. No problem, Gary can find some more 4th and 5th round bums to stand in front of him.

gafftop

All Pro
He has no trade value firstly because he is reliant upon the system. Without Kubiak's system, Schaub is not a starting caliber QB. Secondly, he has minimal arm strength, he has no mobility to speak of, and has no pocket presence. Lastly, he's just not a good player and why would any team want to trade for him? Teams are having success finding young QBs in the draft who come in ready to play in a pass first style offense and can make plays with their feet. Schaub offers no dynamism and unless he's playing in a Kubiak/Shanahan style offense he can't do much else at this point in his career which is clearly on a down slide.
Why the hell is he going to be our QB? We can't develope anyone with him here and we have no chance for SB with him. Oh forgot our braintrust signed him to an extension. Do they really know anything about QB's?? Remember Carr and Orvlosky.

You think we give a 5th round and someone may take him??

TEXANRED

Texan-American
Why the hell is he going to be our QB? We can't develope anyone with him here and we have no chance for SB with him. Oh forgot our braintrust signed him to an extension. Do they really know anything about QB's?? Remember Carr and Orvlosky.

Good post. I take back my stale bag of Doritos and subtract 2 beers from the case of Old Milwaukee's Best.

Nawzer

Alienz

Any team that trades for him either has to be super desperate which I don't know if there's a team out there that desperate. The other option is that he would be a backup for whatever team trades for him. But this all moot because he has a huge salary and he's going to be here for the next couple of years. Best thing we can hope for is that they draft someone and develop him or give T.J. Yates a real shot.

burro

probably drunk
A few teams may give a 3rd for Schaub, but realistically you're looking at a 4th or 5th. Either way, he's staying because of the mega-deal he got.

That doesn't mean we have to start him though. If the playoff game is as putrid as the last two games, then Yates will deserve a fair chance to earn the job in the off season.

Also, why would we dump one robotic noodle-arm for another by picking up Alex Smith? If we're going to skip over Yates for someone on another roster, let's make Washington a deal for Kirk Cousins.

Premier

Rookie
take whatever arizona will give us for him.. make a run at philip rivers, spend a high draft pick on qb, sit behind rivers, flip yates for something..

Last edited:

Big Lou

Hall of Fame
The 3 loses were games in which we lost the LOS battle. Especially the game against the Vikes.

Blame Schaub for falling after wiffs, blame Foster for running in to a pile or falling every chance he gets, but they had one thing in common, the OL play.

When we were blowing opponents out, the O-Line was generally mauling the other team.

If the OL doesn't get it together then Foster will get hit behind the LOS every other play, his patience is a virtue with solid OL play, but with out the OL playing well, it results in lost yardage.

In Indy and the playoffs, I think you will be able to tell how the game will go withing a series or two based on two things. How is the O-Line Playing, and are the TE's involved in the game. In our loses and tight games we struggled with one of those two, or both issues, which took away deep drops for the longer throws, play action and the bootleg, and the running game.
The OL kept Schaub clean and played decent in the run game. OD played well as well. The red zone was rough, but TOP was outstanding at almost 39 minutes.

Many are pissed still, but this to me was classic Texans offense. Control the clock, give what the D will give you, exploit what opens up.

Take away the RZ trouble, and Matt's pick which was a bad throw but a better play by the CB and it would be hard to say we didn't outright dominate.

I can understand those that are concerned, hell I am, but I've reset my defcon level to cautiously optimistic,

Come on folks, crack another beer and enjoy at least one more week of the playoffs, and doesn't it feel good to go thru the week as winners?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
The OL kept Schaub clean and played decent in the run game. OD played well as well. The red zone was rough, but TOP was outstanding at almost 39 minutes.

Many are pissed still, but this to me was classic Texans offense. Control the clock, give what the D will give you, exploit what opens up.

Take away the RZ trouble, and Matt's pick which was a bad throw but a better play by the CB and it would be hard to say we didn't outright dominate.

I can understand those that are concerned, hell I am, but I've reset my defcon level to cautiously optimistic,

Come on folks, crack another beer and enjoy at least one more week of the playoffs, and doesn't it feel good to go thru the week as winners?
On that pick , Schaub had Walter wide open down field ..... A blown read on his part.