What was your favorite game this season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Maddict5, Mar 7, 2009.

?

favourite game

1. Green Bay

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Dolphins

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Jaguars MNF

35 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Titans

43 vote(s)
    44.3%
  5. Throttling the Bengals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

simple question.. just curious

2. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

DUN DUN DUN DUN MNF !!!!!!

it was christmas time they gave out free Battle red day shirts our first MNF in houston in a long time it was a night game and joy was in the air

3. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

Green Bay...because I was there...on the 50 yard line.

4. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

MNF because I attended that one.

5. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

I picked the Titans because of the rivalry but the Green Bay game and the MNF Jax game was a close tie for 2nd.

6. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

This was hard. I really enjoyed the Bears game, too. Beating a team that was expecting to beat us and go to the playoffs was great.

The Titans game was excellent.

But, for me personally, it was the Jag game. It was the first time I'd been to a Houston Professional Football game when my team has won. It was a great experience.

7. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I voted the Titans game because I just love it when we beat our old team and being one of their few losses this season was such a great feeling for me.

8. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

I went for the MNF win. It was on T.V. in Engand, it was a great performance, and even Richard Smith couldn't give it away. The Titans game was a close second though.

9. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Easily MNF. The beer was flowing. We were on tv beating on the wall. The Texans were dominating the Jags. We got up on the jumbotron several times. Hell, I even got a new avatar thanks to bullpenphotos.

I will never forget the Texans first Monday night game!:fans:

The Titans game was a close second because it gave us more backbone in the rivalry talk forum and adds to the fail that is the Titans 2008 season.

10. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

1) green bay without a doubt
    2) MNF / Tenn win (tie)

GP likes this.
  11. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

Miami, the greatest 4th quarter comeback in Texans history.

12. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Easy one for me - Green Bay. It came at a time when I was convinced the Texans were simply incapable of winning on the road, unless the other team just giftwrapped it like in the Cleveland game.

Not only was it a win, but it had a great performance from Schaub, a couple of fantastic plays, a LONG drive near the end - and it ended with a clutch field goal. All on the road in a historically difficult building to win in - even if the Packers weren't great.

Very satisfying. Also - I watched it on a Tuesday on my DVR. I was out of town that weekend - and managed to avoid computers and sports shows - so I had NO IDEA the Texans had won the game... the people in my apartment complex must have been frightened at the sound of me screaming with joy at like 3 AM in the morning when the game ended for me. Heh.

13. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

From the list above? Green Bay

From the season? Definitley Chicago. It was cold inside the stadium. It was loud, there were tons of Bear fans with playoff implications on the line. It had a playoff atmosphere, and it actually for once felt (temperature wise) like a real football game.

14. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

The Titans were never my old team. The Oilers were. Now...the Texans are my team.

15. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Yeah, that's how I feel also. The Titans, for the most part, are just another division foe. For me I had to choose between Green Bay and the Jags MNF game. I went with the Jags because it was a good win, and we were on display for everyone to see that night which makes it sweeter.

16. False Start

False Start On # 69

MNF. It was my first game, and we kicked the crap out of the Jags on national television. :wild:

17. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I went to my first game too - the Detroit game. Good times. We sat where the Texans come out, so I got to see Dunta jumping up and down with excitement as that was his first game back.

18. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

MNF (what a feeling, esp. after our last primetime debacle) and beating the Tacks. A close second was when the Titans got bounced out of the playoffs.

Others mentioned the Green Bay game but I'll simply second what DiehardChris said--great win for all of those reasons.

19. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i was thinking about it and finally decided beating kyle orton wasnt worthy of making the poll:whip:

the reason i asked was that i was really bored and was looking at our highlights on nfl.com and we played alot of great exciting games this yr and i thought it was pretty difficult to choose the best

in the end i picked GB too.. on a short week in crappy weather after mnf, it was the perfect storm for a team to mail it in butwe really showed alot of mettle to take it at the end by forcing GB out of a GWFG with a sack and then to march down the field for our own FG

but miami and the titans were a very close tied 2nd (also i recommend watching aj's highlights from that game plus slatons last run if you want to feel in the mood for football)

20. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Wasn't our last primetime game prior to the Jags game the great win against Denver on Thursday Night?