What type RB do you like?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by badboy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I realize that other players on a team such as the Oline determines how a running back performs. What type RB do you prefer to watch? A strong bruising type with some speed like Earl Campbell? A gazelle like Gale Sayers? Or do you like a Jim Brown or Walter Payton? A back that can catch a pass can also be awesome to watch. Don't focus on what team he ran for but use a criteria that you want to keep him as long as possible and what will generate fan support. All backs past and present or college can be your pool to select from.

2. ATRAIN

ATRAIN ATX TEXANS FAN

My favorite back in the league right now is All Day Adrian Peterson. I see him similar to Earl, but maybe a little faster. Only problem with guys like him is that they fight for every yard and possibly get hurt a lot. Man I wish we would have traded up for him some how.

3. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Barry Sanders.

I used to love seeing him run. Sometimes the man would create something out of nothing. It was amazing what he did considering the lack of O-line he had.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

One that runs for 100+ yards a game for the Texans. :texflag:

Earl Campbell = Badass

5. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

The perfect back would have the speed to outrun anyone, the gumption to run over anyone and the moves the to tie them all together and make people look silly of the field.

I miss Barry Sanders though...

6. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I loved Walter "Sweetness" Payton. He performed at a high level even on some very bad teams.

Next would have to be Marcus Allen.

7. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

reggie bush :)

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I like someone who can turn nothing into something. I loved watching Barry Sanders growing up and Marshall Faulk after Barry was gone

9. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Pound for pound the most dangerous back at the top of his game IMO was Marshall Faulk.

10. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Earl Campbell. Finess backs are great and you love to see the Barry Sanders Gayle Sayers type elusive speed demons, but on 3rd and short or on a goal line situation, give me a guy who can knock a couple of 300 pound guys back a yard or two.

11. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Earl, of course. But I also loved Emmitt Smith. The guy would bang and bang and bang and then break one. Unlike Barry Sanders, who got a lot of runs from -1 to 1 yards long, Emmitt moved the chains and I like that in a back.

12. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Oh, did anyone see the interview with Eric Dickerson on ESPN when they asked him who his favorite running back from the state of Texas was.

His answer?

Earl.

13. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

A pass catching back with speed. Curits Martin and Marshall Faulk come to mind.

14. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

The Rashard Mendenhall in a Texan uniform type.:D

:coffee:

15. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

My favorite RB is slowly becoming Brian Westbrook. He is a threat every time he has the ball. After him would be Walter Payton. Emmit is hard to lump in with some of these guys because he had such a good oline. None better than what he ran behind. Oh yeah, Earl Cambell = Jesus

16. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

ive been watching adrian peterson his whole career, i was at baylor every time we played him at OU and he always destroyed us, ive been on his bandwagon since his day 1 in college, im only 20 so i havnt seen some of the old guys except in NFL films, but i loooove watching this linebacker run the ball....... he so quick and its like the defense isnt there he just hits it and goes north-south, peterson is my favorite back and if you saw what he did to baylor his years in college youd know........

17. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Earl.

Secondarily, a Brian Westbrook type (or Dom Davis, circa 2004), who is a shifty runner, catches out of the backfield, and always seems to get first downs.

But that would be second fiddle to Earl.

I like Brandon Jacobs for the NYG, even though I'm not fond of the Giants (except this coming weekend).

18. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

QFT...... across the board.

Right now, I would settle for a guy that knows how to mix in a salad and stops after his second plate at the All-u-Can Eat Buffet. :splits:

19. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

LT is my favorite RB and type of RB.........smart, fast, quick, powerful for his size, has that mean stiff arm, and is totally a class act. He can break one on any run, but also seems to find a way to get that needed 1-2 yards if called on.

20. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

While you're playing, that is the type of back i like to watch, although a better version of this type would be Brian Westbrook. Smooth running motion, speed to burn & can snap an ankle. Just a great all around back.

RB may never reach that pinnacle but there's no doubt he's got the tools to get there.