What the hell?!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by johnny_tlmn, May 3, 2006.

1. johnny_tlmn

johnny_tlmn Guest

I just heard on fox 26 that VY gave his autographed jersey from his draft w/ the titans to a boy in his hometown of Hempstead. To me, you do not and i mean you do not give away your jersey that you got on your draft day am I the only one here or what ?! Thats just idiotic.

2. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Well...it is his...so I guess he can do what he wants with it. Maybe some people would place more value on it but in the end, it's still only a jersey.

3. newbiefan

newbiefan Rookie

omg, r you seriously ragging on VY for this? I think the fact that it is something of value that makes this such a good act. I think he just made that kid's year, so he should be admired, not criticized for doing it.

4. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Thats why we have our own opinions!:redtowel:

5. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

At least he didn't sell it for 50 bajillion dollars to a crippled blind kid. Unlike his autograph signing in houston.........minus the crippled blind kid...unless you count John McClain.

6. newbiefan

newbiefan Rookie

sounds like criticism to me

7. newbiefan

newbiefan Rookie

haha good comeback, i guess this is why i usually just read, cept for when i see something blatantly egregious

oh well, no point in getting into it, later

8. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

How you gonna rag on someone trying to do a good deed?

Whatever, Titans jerseys hold no real value in Houston anyways.

9. BigTimeTexanFan

BigTimeTexanFan All Pro

I don't see it as a big deal at all. I see it as a very nice gesture. Especially in the age of athletes selling autographs or anything with their name on it. Class act!

10. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Somebody tell me what a precestion is before my head explodes.

11. Yvette

Yvette Veteran

Vinny likes this.
  12. Str8tupg42k1

Str8tupg42k1 Veteran

I dont think it was his real jersey because when he got drafted the jersey they had at draft day had #10 and the jersey they showed on the news had #1 on it. I dont know if yall seen it or it was just me.

13. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

Let's just hold off on criticizing athletes for doing nice things for kids, especially sick ones.

"Geez, I can't believe Babe Ruth promised that kid in the hospital he'd hit a home run for him. The nerve!"

Unbelievable.

14. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Nice. Critisizing a guy for giving his jersey to a kid with Hodgkins. Real classy of ya there Johnny T. If only more athletes were this giving of themselves, the world would be a better place. BTW - You could at least get your facts straight. VY is from Houston, not Hempstead.

15. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

"Young responded Wednesday to a request from Houston Texans linebacker coach Johnny Holland to visit with Archie Taylor Jr. Archie was diagnosed with the lymphatic cancer in December."

How dare VY do something nice at the request of coach Johnny Holland ,where will all this bleeding heart do gooding lead to? :sarcasm:

Really props to Coach Holland and VY!

:thumbup

16. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Certainly, nothing Vince Young has done or said has caused the "hatred" for him. The "hatred" has to be for all the Vince Young supporters attitude over the past few months. Threats from fans to dump the Texans and cheer for whoever drafts Vince. Cancelling season tickets if the Texans don't draft Vince. Full page ads in the newspaper asking the Texans to draft Vince. Immediate dismissal of anyone's opinion who suggests that Vince should not be the first pick. So on and so on. People just got tired of all the hype and the uncompromising and condescending stance of the VY supporters. This has unforutantely resulted in Vince Young receiving unfair criticism.

Of course, every word I just typed above could also apply to a large percentage of the Reggie Bush supporters. (except for the full page ads)

Back to the orignial thread topic. To criticize VY for donating his jersey to a child with Hodgkin's disease is inexcusable.

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

18. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

I was gonna say the same thing....:challenge
    The jersey he gave the youngman had a #1. The jersey he received at the draft had a #10.:stirpot:

19. Cincinnatikid

Cincinnatikid Veteran

I think VY Titans jerseys will hold some real value in houston. Just wait to see the stores flooded with them and all the UT people buying them. His jersey will probably be one of the top sellers of all NFL jerseys in all of Texas

20. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    His jersey might turn out to be a top selling NFL jersey worldwide. Hopefully after Mario's!