What team picks #1 in 2006?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Texas_Thrill, May 9, 2005.

1. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

That's a pretty straight fwd question. Who is picking Matt Leinhart NEXT year or even better who will trade up for him????

As of right now I'm going to go with Carolina. The team is falling apart and though they have Jake he has nobody to throw too this year other than Colbert (if he is healthy). I see him having a bad enough year to possibly question a new qb.

My runner-up are the PATRIOTS! I'M KIDDING. Just making sure ya paying attention. My real runner-up is the Broncos. Does anyone understand what that team is doing?

Now that I think about it I might need to flip them and carolina around. lol

2. TexansCanes

TexansCanes All Pro

are those teams that are going to be picking number one or teams that might looking to trade up? i would say that the browns will be in the conversation along with possibly the titans if mcnair doesn't regain his old form. its hard to say because the nfl is so tricky now, you never know what team could turn it around.

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Tennesse Flaming Meatballs. I think the Panthers are going to be good. Steve Smith is a solid WR, and I'm big on Delhomme.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Thumbtacks look like a good possibility.

The Panthers finished the season with 6 wins in the last 8 games after winning just 1 of the 1st 8. Seems to me they finished like a team that may rebound--especially getting their top two RB's back.

5. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Doesn't Jake still have Steve Smith? Plus he's not going to get the boot after an almost SB season. The Broncos will still have faith in Plummer for at least 2 more seasons so maybe they'll just draft a QB low in the draft. I think teams that would go for Leinart are Browns, Raiders (If Collins doesn't work out), Lions (If Harrington still sucks), Saints (If they get tired of Aaron Brooks and don't even give Adrian McPherson a chance), and maybe even the Bucs! But only if we did bad that year and it was Brian's fault but I doubt it will be his fault.

6. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

I think either Tennesee or San Fran again, they had a good draft, but they still have a looooooooooong way to go.

7. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Carolina should be good this year. As for them drafting a QB, they just drafted Stefan Leflors. He only completed 75% of his passes last year. So I think their QB situation is ok. :rolleyes:

8. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Maybe Tennessee although I think maybe they would just do what Green Bay did and pick the best QB available and let him sit out for a year while he watches Steve play so he can learn but I doubt San Frans would trade all the way up to pick a player because they just got a QB and that number one spot is worth 4 times as much as last year's was so maybe they would trade up to 5 if they're not already there yet.

9. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

I didnt say anything about trading up, I think they earn the no. 1 pick

10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I'm going to go WAY out on a limb and say GB. Hey, no guts, no glory. I think they play in the toughest division this year, and they regressed this offseason. There are a number of other teams that will be vying for this honor, including Tenn, Oakland, SF, and Washington. Those will be your bottom five, give or take one. I think Carolina has a rebound year. They will be good, not great. I expect 9 or 10 wins. I would be shocked if they finished last in the league.

11. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Cleveland Browns

12. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

O. Sorry but if they ended up 1st pick I think they would trade down like 1 or 2 spots like in the Ryan Leaf trade.

13. 281

281 Hall of Fame

I think Carolina is making the playoffs... I love their team.

I'd say the Titans get the #1 pick... They are horrible depth-wise and don't have the world's greatest starters.

14. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

I have to go with the Browns, too...

The only reason I'm not going with the Titans is because I like Fisher as a coach and he will figure something out to make the Titans win more than 4 games. I do not see the Browns winning 3.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

with the 1st pick in the 2006 Draft the Miami Dolphins select-

[​IMG]

Matt Leinhart, QB USC Trojans

16. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I don't think the Phins will give up that fast on Feeley.

17. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Brownies seem to be the likely one.

18. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Of course the browns want Leinart, what do you think they brought in Dilfer for a winning season? They want him so they can self destruct and pick high in the draft.

19. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

I think that the Skins will have the worst season of Gibbs career. There is no leadership on either side of the ball.

20. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

For now, my guess is that either the Broncos (via Washington), Dolphins, or San Francisco will have the 1st overall pick...