What Reciever's will be there with our 2nd Rd Pick?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by O.G., Mar 15, 2005.

1. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

Question, With the 47th pick in the 2nd round, what receiver should the Texans pick up if we go that route? Who do you think will be available? I would love to see Mark Clayton from Oklahoma or Roddy White from Alabama there, but I don't think it's going to happen. What does everyone else think?

2. Skrobes66

Skrobes66 Rookie

Chris Henry from West Virginia.......He has all the tools (6'4 and fast) but there might be some character issues. I think he is worth the risk though. I really like his potential.

3. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I would say thatChris will be snatched up early in the 2nd round and Houston will not have a chance at him.

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I think Clayton won't make it out of the 1st. Roddy White of UAB will probably be there, chances are Henry will too, and I would think Vincent Jackson would be there as well. I think we might address the O or D Lines with our 2nd Round pick, but that all depends on what we do with #13.

5. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Fred Gibson and Reggie Brown from Georigia, maybe Chris Henry, Jerome Mathis from Hampton, and Roscoe Parrish from "THE U".

6. so i assume you guys are lookin to draft a WR in the 2nd.... what are yas doin in the 1st?

7. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

We will let you know once we figure it out.

8. cptnbreakdance

cptnbreakdance Veteran

What about Terrence Murphy? Does he look more like a 3rd rounder than a 2nd rounder?

9. jr0ck

jr0ck Veteran

a steal of a third rounder might i add. i say 60/40 he's makes it through the second round...and is drafted by the texans *fingers crossed* :)

i see us going CB/LB with first two picks, then WR 3rd, OL/TE in 4th, and the last portion of our draft will be RB/DL...:twocents:

:woot WOOT! WOOT! :woot this is my first triple digit post!!!!

10. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

I'm all for it. He'd be awesome to pick up.

11. cptnbreakdance

cptnbreakdance Veteran

I just dont know if he is a down the field threat the texans are looking for, he looks too mutch like Jabar to out and out thrill me, but as 3rd rounder, unlikly a 2nd rounder, I'd say he is worth a shot.

12. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

On my board the only WR i have falling to 2nd round is White. Then there is gibson and brown. The ever troubled Henry. A bunch others but i am sure 3 of 4 should be there at 47

13. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

What type of speed does he possess? Would be nice to have big receiver on the other side of AJ. Anyone else have any thoughts? I thought we might address OL or DL with the 13th pick if we keep it or trade down.

14. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

According to NFL.Com, Chris Henry runs a 4.52 40...Not really impressive, but not terrible either...He has a good burst getting off the line, though, so that may make up for his lack of a great 40...