What really ticks me off....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Yankee_In_TX, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

The whole RB/VY thing. It's so damned ridiculous. All you who think you know better, why aren't you working for the NFL? A lot of Houstonians need to grow up.

I just noticed the Chronicle has a "Top Pick Watch." Do you know what that says to me? Not "we're interested in tracking last years top draftees," it says "we're going to whine and ***** and moan and cry like little babies and try to prove that if WE ran the Texans, we'd be undefeated this year...oh booh hoo, my life is ruined because of the draft." I'll bet $100 if you look up the last 5 years, this is the only year they had a "draft pick watch" all year long.

And all the sports radio callers who keep calling in about "if we had VY/RB" don't bother. Because? We DON'T have them. Try moving nine months into the future with the rest of us.

For God's sake, either support your team, in its good and bad decisions, or sell your tickets and log out for good.

Don't get me wrong, I think you more than have a right to voice your opinion.

I also think if you're a Longhorn you have a right to like VY and even (quitely) cheer for him Sunday. I'll be cheering for Troy Smith where ever he goes next year.

But for all the whiney ass people who are still stuck back on the draft, I mean, do you cry for that long after you got dumped in high school?

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!!!!

We're all tired of losing, hindsight is 20/20, and crying doesn't give us a winning record it just annoys people like me.

/rant

(lol, after reading this, maybe it belongs in the No Spin Zone)

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Oh, believe me, most of the ones who are still crying about the draft, have still not gotten over getting dumped in high school.:hides:

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

LOL! Someone woke up on the wrong side of his law books!

Yankee, you know that I have said similar things over on the other boards, but it falls on deaf ears.

I appciate your effort though.

4. vinceyoungfan

vinceyoungfan Rookie

wow what he said

5. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

Well said my friend!!!!:perfect10:

6. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

You have to get a girlfriend first before they can dump you.

7. Yankee_In_TX

I'm including internet girlfriends that are modeling abroad. :spy:

8. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

You are not the only one it ticks off...

Put me in that basket. I wanted Reggie at the draft, but glad we didn't get him now. Haven't seen anything out of him that makes me think he is better than Mario. I got over it the minute the announced Mario as the 1st pick...

Some others should follow...

Now I am in the draft Adrian Peterson wagon and if we don't get him, then oh well. Still will be in my seat every game next year no matter what...

9. Yankee_In_TX

:texan:

(hey, where'd the 3 Texan Guys emoticon go?!?!?)

10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Blindly supporting the team in it's good and bad desicions has gotten us to this point. Until the fans say no more, we will get what we get, which is pathetic football. You people are like the abused girlfriend that's afraid to leave her loser boyfriend. Why don't all you homers buy a clue. You berate everyone with a non-homer opinion, and then follow that by saying we are allowed an opinion. Which is it? Or do we all have to march in lockstep off the edge of the cliff like a bunch of little rats to the Texans pied piper? Go ahead, and put your little steel blue blinders on. As for me, I have an opinion, and I will state mine whether you homers like it or not.

Heath Shuler likes this.
  11. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Put me in that basket also. I wanted to trade down and get DA Brick, but that didn't happen and we might be paying for it, but that is how it goes sometimes. Mario is a fine pick and a force on the defense. This is the team I support, not the player.

12. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

And do you think Kubiak and McNair are going to change their opinions and what they do, just because of what fans say? If passing on VY and RB wasn't enough for you to know that, then I can't help you.

Are you in the group that is going to the game to cheer for VY? That type of voicing an opinion only makes Houston fans look classless, and will get you nowhere.

But sure, you can have your opinion.

13. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

That whole Chronicle QB comparison thing kind of ticked me off too. It's not that the numbers they posted were inaccurate or anything, it's the not so subtle Carr stinks/VY is king under tone. Carr's days here may be numbered, but VY won't be replacing him anytime soon, so yes folks need to at the very least accept that VY is and will be a Titan and whining about it will not change it. I don't have a problem with someone saying they wanted Young, but it's the constant regurgitation of the debate that's gets old.
    :deadhorse

14. Yankee_In_TX

I'm not saying blindly follow the team. I said don't be afraid to voice your opinion. I'm saying people need to quit whining and get on with life. I'm tired of people crying over spilled milk.

And if the spilled milk is THAT big of a deal to the person that their life has come crashing down around them, maybe they should move to TN.

If your boss makes a bad business move, are you still complaining about it like it was yesterday nine months later? No, people move on.

15. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Well, I for one don't need the scolding, or be told to quit whining. How bout this. I will quit whining when the Texans start winning. And as long as we have this POS at the QB spot, I'll be whining a long time. So, get used to it. I have as much right to say my piece as you do yours.

16. Yankee_In_TX

I don't mine whining about losing or about the current status of our team. Just those who still whine about the last draft :brickwall

17. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

Oh yes, and look at this unbiased opinion poll.

TEXANS POLL
    Should coach Gary Kubiak make a move at quarterback and if so, what should be done?

Bench David Carr for at least two games
    Bench Carr for good
    Trade Carr as soon as possible
    Give Carr at least another half to prove himself

Well, that's not a loaded question.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

How do you propose we "say no more"? :um:

Boycott the team? Don't buy tickets? Let them get a taste of Houston's infamous fairweather fans?

We have a first year HC, bro'. You ready to give up on him already?

We have a heckuva' lot of potential talent, much of it pro-bowl caliber...should we just act like quitters on them, too?

I don't advocate blindly supporting anything. I'll gripe as much as the next guy, and I can root for a team but still be mad at individual players.

But beyond that, what do you propose to send a message to the team? :tearup:

19. Yankee_In_TX

But that's going off topic :-) This is a stop whining about last year's draft thread ;-)

20. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Well, I don't whine about that in general, but to the extent that has us left with the golden boy Carr, I do have my opinions about that, and will state them. I want to make sure the fans remind the team using whatever forum or outlet they have, what a loser Carr is, and what a mistake they made in the hopes it won't happen again. We had the solution in hand, and we let it go thru our fingers like sand. So, ya I am bitter as a fan. Call me a whiner if you want, but when fans like me stop caring, that's when the Texans should really worry. And, I am dangerousely close to not giving a rats behind. The only thing that will restore my allegiance is to change the QB to someone not incompetant. That's the bottom line right now for me.