What is your release for all this BS?!?!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HTown2ATX, Dec 31, 2010.

1. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I don't think there is another thread about this...so....just curious. Both sides of this argument are pissed and tired of it whether or not your support Kubiak.

I'm livid, especially after the last couple days. So, I need to blow off some steam. I'm a drummer but had to sell my kit after the divorce, but playing some Metal on my kit used to always be a great stress reliever.

Drinking is a given. What ELSE do you do?

I get off work at noon today. I'm thinking I may head up to my local Guitar Center or something and just effing rip on some double bass loaded kits until I'm sweaty and my smokers lung kicks in and I have to stop and I can't hear anymore.

That's all I can think to do that genuinely gets shit out of me when I'm pissed.

What do you do? Just curious on how people cope or is anyone else even pissed off enough that they have to actually take stress relieving measures (am I taking this too seriously?).

BTW, Any chance we can get a smiley that plays the drums somehow? That would be brutal!

:jam:

CretorFrigg likes this.
  2. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

3. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 All Pro

Knowing that most of the fans aren't falling for Bob's stupidity

4. HTown2ATX

Naw dude.....not that.....that's for reggae fest or something.....need a smiley behind a drum kit...something small....but not the Starbucks open mike night drums lol.

5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I stop caring and then it all goes away. The thing is, Houston football has been pissing me off for the vast majority of my life. The Oilers were bad when I started following them, got good when Earl showed up, spent most of the 80's being bad again after Earl and before the R&S days, then got good with Moon in his prime but always found a way to tear my heart out in the big games somehow.

The Oilers "trained" me to deal with this. Then in their last act of kindness they left Houston without football for six years and taught me that I could live without it just fine.

I'm not a "season ticket seller" (I don't have them) and I'm not a "gear burner" because frankly I don't care enough to do that. I also can't bring myself to waste the money I spent on it. I'll just put it aside and care about something else. The moment you can do that you're really, truly free. I had that moment of clarity where it dawned on me that this mess, this shit is just entertainment and if it's stressing you out then you're not being entertained so find something else and move on.

"Uber fan" to me is just kind of silly. I can't wrap my head around the mentality one must have to White Knight a sports franchise or business like that. I'm a big Apple Computer user, have been for years but Steve Jobs with all his reality-distortion-field powers doesn't get in my pants so to speak so I'll be damned if Bob McNair and his ten year old pre-fab football team is going to.

Thorn likes this.
  6. False Start

False Start On # 69

This one perfectly sums up the Texans season, lol.

[​IMG]

HTown2ATX likes this.
  7. HTown2ATX

Lmao...bad ass!!

8. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I've been fishing and hunting. I spent the better part of last night butchering a deer, since I'd never done it before. Always had them processed before. I can tell you, I didn't really know what I was doing, but I've cleaned plenty of other critters and dissected a bunch too (Bio major), so I didn't mess up at all. Just took forever.

Anyway, there are lots of things out there to better spend your time and emotion on than the Texans. We live in the 4th largest city in the US. We have tons of stuff to do within the city, and we're 2 hours or less from great hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, boating, etc. I'm going paddling tomorrow, in fact. If you like to gamble, there's Lake Charles or Coushatta. If you like live music, Houston has a ton of it, but if that doesn't suit you, Austin's only a couple hours away.

Houston's a great place to live despite the Texans.

9. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Drinking is a necessity, but I usually hit the weights at the gym to take out my frustrations. I've been getting pretty big lately.

10. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

I'm getting ready to take my Glock to the range. I find shooting up about $40 worth of ammunition always relieves stress and frustration and polishes up my skills should I ever need to use the Glock on a live target.:gun:

11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

same as when we didn't have a football team. Just do other stuff.

Herv said most of what I'd say, so I won't repeat it. There are other things in life other than football. Doesn't mean I won't quit hoping and posting here though. Being an NFL fan in Houston has never paid off. Ever. A few quick but ultimately fruitless years of Earl Campbell has done nothing but whet the appetite.

12. BeerTastesLikeVictory

BeerTastesLikeVictory Custom Title

Fishing and hunting have always been my fall back, but the bad news is you can't hunt on Sundays in PA so I'm stuck paying attention to football. However I'm planning a move back to Houston and if the Texans start tanking again next season Ill probably be fishing.

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I don't really hunt, but after this week, I'm going huntin' fer varmints.

TORO..........Sorry, you gotta go, too!

[​IMG]

14. Yesterday

Yesterday Veteran

Watching Patriots games to see how football should be played.

15. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

This. The Patriots are a beautiful team to watch.

And yes, I am still a Texans fan.

16. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

The Texans have won 5 games and I've got them all DVr'ed. Hopefully I'll have 6 after Sunday's game. I like it when we win.

Beat Jacksonville.

17. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

I used to do what you did—drum. I have a 6 piece Tama Starclassic drumset and my neighbors absolutely hate it. But now that I have a little guy who loves to sleep, I've been forced to limit my drumming.

Now I try to take an apathetic approach towards the Texans. Everytime Schaub throws an interception or Kareem Jackson gets burnt, I laugh it off. But then I realize how artificial my apathy is.

I can't release from this. Thank you Texans.

18. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I just post a bunch of saracastic posts on the message board. I like to use Photoshop a lot when I am pissed.

19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I just come read Hookem's posts...

20. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

I play a MMORPG. Running around and killing red dots relieves a lot of stress and anger at the stupidity of the management and coaching of the Texans.

Also got a new PS3 for Christmas - so lots more games to learn.