What is your main concern this season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, Apr 9, 2009.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Injuries? Player response to new coaches or schemes? Players taking next step up such as Okoye or TJ or LT Brown? Players coming off injuries such as Molden? What about team not getting the player (s) in the draft you wanted? Even though draft is still days away, voice your concern if you just know Schaub is going to miss games and Captain O. will not be the guy we need at QB and we could have drafted a a quarterback.

Should we have spent the big bucks and gone after a high profile free agent? Will Kubes be better at time management and whipping out the red flag? Are you concerned about Shannahan being THE play caller for 16 games?

2. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I'm worried about Okoye and Brown stepping up. Those are my biggest concerns.

I'd like for Schaub to play a full season, that's probably my second biggest concern. But I think Orlovsky will actually flourish in this offense.

I don't want and didn't want a big money FA. I think Shanahan calling the plays full time will be good and I think that will allow Kubes to do his job better.

superdave532 likes this.
  3. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

I'm worried about facing the 3-4 teams in the AFC East and them absolutely man-handling Myers and then the possible injuries to Schaubby.

Oh, and our new defense being all talk instead of actually being agressive.

Giant Tiger likes this.
  4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I'm worried about the OL's progression and their ability to stay healthy for 16 more games. If one guy gets injured, I'm not liking the results in the W/L column.

I'm interested in Schaub's maturation from last season to this season. Will he protect the ball more than he has in the past?

I'm interested in the defense's ability to create pressure. I assume it's going to be better but I hope it's not just better but VERY good.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Turnovers .....

6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

On both sides of the ball.

Biggest worry drafting a viable option at RB in case Slaton goes down. I'd like to see us address the interior of the OL and get upgrades if possible and definitely add depth.

7. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

What he said! I'd like to add how the defense shapes up and red zone offense, not necessarily in that order.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

What, me worry? :shades:

My concerns regard our defense and if this unit will improve.

9. Fox

Fox All Pro

I'm most concerned about our team's ability to get to the quarterback next season, in my mind it's the biggest obstacle between us and the playoffs. I'm not sold on an improved Okoye and Antonio Smith making enough of a difference next season.

10. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

The secondary. We need a saftey.

11. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I'm concerned about the overvaluing of our offensive production last year and the consequent inattention to it.

Our defense was bad, and our offense put up some yards. But, I don't think that justifies minimizing or ignoring obvious needs on the offensive side of the ball. Spinning that into my main concern of this season; my main concern is that our offense will regress because its depth was not addressed.

12. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Defense.

I think the offense is on the right track and will play better with another year working with Gibbs and getting more depth. I've seen improvement each year and more to come.

I'm wait and see on defense.

13. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I second that!!

14. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

Very much wait and see. As am I. I haven't watched the Chicago game yet but I know our red zone offense performed better. It is still a concern for me though. I think it's the nature of the ZBS. Smaller guys getting pinched in the red zone. We have to scheme around it. Did Shanahan do a better job of this or was it one game with other forces at play?

Defense is obviously the biggest most glaring concern for everyone. But our red zone offense has got to improve. We would have won 2-4 more games with better red zone production. DESPITE our lousy defense.

15. Dapper

Dapper Veteran

I second this.
    I will say this also until someone listens:

WE NEED SOMEONE IN THE SECONDARY TO INSTILL FEAR IN OUR OPPONENTS!!

We need a identity with that player as the centerpiece ala Bob Sanders or Ronnie Lott that will clean clocks every chance they get and like it! Come over the middle and you will get de-capped or have a hole punched thru your chest.

Who will that be and when will we get him?

16. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

My main concern is whether I can stand the euphoria of watching the boys in the play-offs for the first time in the Texans' history! :fans:

The Pencil Neck likes this.
  17. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I'm excited about the defense. I know it's going to be better. I'm worried about the depth at RB and at C/G. I'm worst fear is seeing CPitts or Briesel laying on the ground and then, as he's carted off, seeing Kasey Studdard role his way into the huddle. UGGH!

18. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

the defense. i've read articles that have me terrified that Bush's D will revert back to a lot of Smiths ideas. not to mention that im scared that Okoye won't step up but that takes a back seat as i believe we have good depth behind him with Robinson Okam and now Cody.

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Put me in the Defense is my main concern team.

We have one decent to good player at each level of the defense, after those three, we've got nothing.

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

The many bandwagon fans that will be trying to get on board saying this has been their team all along when we put together our best season in Franchise History.