What is VY worth?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Eyeguy, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

Let me say off the bat that VY is a GREAT talent and the beat QB to come out of HISD in the last 40 years.
    That having been said, I think the Texans will draft R. Bush #1 and they should.

The question now to those who love VY is: What are you will to give up to draft him #2?
    I don't think if Leinart is gone at #2 tenn., will make a trade for their pick at #3. This means you are going to have to put a package together for the #2 to NOLA to draft V.Y.

They will want 06' #33, #65, #66 and 07' #1 along with one of our top players. Are you willing to part with these picks AND D. ROB or A.J. or D.D for V. Young?
    I would not make that deal, but I wonder if some of you think he is worth it. The writting is on the wall and says the only way we get V.Y. is to trade for him.

2. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

I would trade reggie bush for him straight up...hows that?

3. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

Put down the pipe, man. :ok:
    I would not give up all of that for him. Maybe nest year's r1 and 3, maybe a 4 from this year.

4. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

Get over it! That dog ain't gunna hunt.

5. eltoro

eltoro Rookie

To the Texans he is not very valuable. Maybe the Raiders or Cardinals will feel differently...

6. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

Exactly the point I wanted to stimulate.

7. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

I think VY is Mike Vick lite. He can run very well, but his passing ability is suspect. There have been times where he has struggled against mediocre college teams by throwing too many INTs and that struggling will increase when he faces NFL teams. VY was a terrific college player, one of the best. But that doesn't always translate into NFL success. Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Archie Griffin can testify to that. I believe VY's success in the NFL will be only moderate, depending upon what team he ends up with. He could either be a smaller version of Vick or another Bobby Douglas.

8. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Why???

9. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

I would like to know what people think VY is worth to the Texans. What would you be willing to give up to draft him at #2?

10. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Not a thing. Let somebody else draft him. Great college player, mediocre to half decent NFL player. Not worth more than a second or third-round draft choice.

11. bad

bad Veteran

Any dreams of a winning season within the next two years.

12. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

A.) Name me your top 10 QBs to come out of HISD in the last 40 years. B.) Are you implying that VY is only the second best in the last 41 years?

13. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Yeah. What this man just said.

14. TexasDiehard

TexasDiehard Rookie

David Carr but then that wouldn't work because no one else in the NFL believes Carr has first round value much less championship potential. So I guess you could throw in the Texans' #2 this year to create the most exciting PR and football move in NFL history with VY and Bush in the same backfield but making it happen would require McNair to have a football brain which he has proven he does not have with almost every personnel move he has made to date.

15. eltoro

eltoro Rookie

The only thing exciting about VY in the NFL is going to be watching him try to balance his checkbook...:stirpot:

16. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i don't think he's worth a top 15 pick. aside from winning at texas, there's nothing about him that really fascinates me as a pro prospect. it scares me to think how the offense was opened up and simplified for him after his sophomore year. plus all those mechanical issues.

17. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Carry this one out, will you? He needs to SEE somebody.

18. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

The point was that VY is a great QB and I wish him the best of luck in the pros. However many people thought he was worth the 1st pick in the draft. I want to know what they think he is worth to the Texans after they use their 1st pick on Bush.

19. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Sure, VY is good, but if the Texans drafted him, what for? Carr is going to start so you end up with a great QB sitting on the bench taking up salary cap space, where as Reggie Bush will be available for use straight out. You could say that we could train him up but Carr is still young so the team isn't in a position to get a QB to train for a starting position.

20. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

What is Vince Young Worth.......a 6 ???????