What is this Bull with Ochocinco?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, May 14, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Riding a bull.........what is he thinking?????

PFT:

2. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

NFL players cant ride motrcycles but they can ride a bull? I don't get it.

Also, I thought his name had been changed back to Chad Johnson?

3. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Technically no one is an NFL player right now. :turtle:

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

IIRC, Reebok told him he could change his name back to CJ as soon as he bought their surplus of Ochocinco jerseys. I could be wrong.

5. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Wasn't that why he had to delay changing his name from Johnson to Ochocinco?

6. CloakNNNdagger

He paid $4 million for that change.

7. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Just wasting money away. :vincepalm:

Personally I don't understand why people still care about him anymore. I just don't see what people find funny or entertaining about the guy.

8. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

This ***** does realize that bullriding is extremely dangerous, right? What a moron.

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

This.

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110515...DeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA29jaG9jaW5jb3JpZA--

11. CloakNNNdagger

Exactly what an NFL team wants to hear.

[​IMG]

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Isn't he a Free Agent? Perhaps working out, getting himself into the best possible shape, or working on route running may be a better use of his time.

13. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

He actually has one more year left on his contract, but pretty much everyone (including Ochocinco himself) is expecting the Bengals to let him go sometime after the lockout ends.

14. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    We're gonna single out him for being an *****....but not pro bull riders?

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost lol football :D

Sounds like a bunch of haters hating in here.

16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I actually like Chad. Since I started following him on twitter he's kinda grown on me a bit. He's great with the fans and treats everyone with respect. Sure, he's a bit of a showboat, but a lot of it is for the fans.

The only thing that might irk me a bit with him, is when he brings up things between he and his team that he probably should keep in house. Then again, a lot of that is for show too

17. Texecutioner

That term "hating" really is so overused at this point that it's practically lost it's meaning.

You could say that about anyone who forms a negative opinion about someone or something. The key is, are those negative thoughts valid and do they have substance to them? Well obviously they do with an attention whore who cares a lot more about getting twitter followers and attention from people than he does as far as being a football player. He's violating his contract by riding a bull for one, because he could get injured. If I was a dedicated Bengals fan, I'd be pretty ticked off if any player was doing that. He also has caused a lot of problems in that locker room over the years and has proven that he's more about himself and his self promotion than his team. He always has been.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

He looked more like a rodeo clown than a bull rider.

19. Texecutioner

Here is what Chad said as well about this whole ordeal that might give you a better idea of why people bash this clown.

"I'm sure my coach was probably [upset], I mean, I would be, too. I'm sure the NFL is [upset], but I don't follow their rules anyway."

That's the substance I was talking about earlier. Chad's a POS. He openly admits that he knows this will upset his coach and that he'd be upset to if he was the coach, but that he doesn't care about any of that and he wants to do it any way. Then he even says the league will probably be upset, but he doesn't care, because he'll never follow their rules. The guy is like 31 years old or whatever, but still acts like a 13 year old. If you've studied his history as a player going back to HS and college he's had horrible relationships with every coach he's ever had and he's never learned from any of that.

And the fact that he's literally that stupid to openly admit that he doesn't follow NFL rules and that he's perfectly happy pissing off the league office and his coach is exactly why he is thought of more as a clown these days than a player.

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

Asd a guy who spent roughly 17 years of my life competing in rodeos (calf roping and then later on steer wrestling) I can tell you that (a) Those who are GOOD at riding bulls are still insane even though they are good at it, and (b) those who are trying it for giggles are worse than insane...there's no words to describe it.

Riding a bull is extremely dangerous. I have never tried it, and I one time had a dream that my parents were forcing me to do it at a rodeo...I woke up in a cold sweat and my heart was pounding out of my chest because THAT is how badly I do NOT want to ever do it.

Bulls are unpredictable. And large. And generally angry all the time, looking for ways to take out their problems on other things much smaller than them.

Chad Johnson is fortunate that he didn't suffer major damage. I saw the clip, and all he did was basically slide off right out of the chute, which I am sure was his plan: Make it out of the chute and just slide off. But what he fails to realize is that those bulls, when they sense you sliding off, they turn from trying to get you off their back and into trying to adjust their angles so as to gore you or step on you.

All of my 17 years of rodeo'ing I have never understood why bull riding was allowed as a regular mainstay of rodeos. The other events, such as bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, calf roping, team roping, and steer wrestling, are all rooted in practical ranching methods of securing and/or doctoring or branding cattle and/or breaking horses from the wild. Bull riding is just a freak show event that people want to watch for the thrill of seeing if a guy can do it and live to tell about it.

And all us timed event guys (the ropers and steer wrestlers) hated bullr iders because the bull riding event takes forever to be done with....due to the propensity of those guys to get hurt and then need in-the-arena medical assistance. Generally speaking, nobody involved in competing in rodeos really likes bull riding nor bull riders all that much. They're a different breed of cat, and they are loners who stick to their group and us timed event guys stick to ours.

/rant

I just think Chad is lucky. He could have been hurt badly. One wrong step by the bull and it's over.