What if we trade down to the Browns at #12

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by whiskeyrbl, Mar 14, 2006.

1. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

What if we trade down #1 to #12 and aquire C Jeff Faine,and a 4th rd pick,there will still be above average players at #12.:twocents:

2. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

not no but hell no ... it'll take a lot more to get a team to move out of the top 10 ...

3. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

I second that. It would take the Jets Abraham, the number 4 pick and atleast a 3rd rounder just for them to move up 3 spots. That is way too low.

4. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

It is just a starting point,Faine was the #21 pick overall 3 years ago,and seems to be asolid player .If this was a possible trade out what would be the asking price in y'alls opinion.:challenge

5. Blake

Blake MMQB

For me to move down to #12, It would take their #1 next year, their #2 this year, and their newly acquired Bently. They wont accept it, so we should just forget about it.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

If I cant trade down and still getone of the following ..... Bush , Williams , D-Brick , Hawk or Vernon Davis .... I aint trading .... got it ? ..... Good !

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

this trade would be laughed at....look at my avatar...they laughing already.

8. exclude

exclude Veteran

I know this thread is meant to be funny(i hope), but these posts irk the hell out of me because it makes me look, it feeds my curiosity, it makes me wonder "wtf, is this dude smokin, its gotta be good to propose somethin stupid like this." And because of this I gotta look.

9. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Absolutely not worth the pick and not going to happen.

10. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

There is NO way that the texans trade for Faine, hes not that great of a center and it would only worsen the problem.:brickwall

11. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

the nfl would kick us out for showing constant stupidity

12. Frills

Frills Veteran

Mabye trade down that far for all Cleveland's first round picks for the next 5-10 years, then I might ponder it.

13. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

We can't trade past next years picks.

It would honestly take their first day picks this year, first and second next year AND a player to get me to move down THAT far. And thats without taking them to the cleaners IMO.

14. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Damn fool here....there are seven locks and the three quartebacks. By my simple count that's ten. So you're going to slip out of the top ten for Faine and a fourth rounder ? My misery last season was worth a lot more than a good center and a fourth rounder. But that's just me.

15. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

To add another comment, if we went 2-14 and have the hopefully-rare privilege of having the #1 pick in the draft, we better get more than an above average mid-1st rounder, a slightly-above-average C, and a 4th round pick.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

You know..... not everybody is as draft savy as us..... ok, you guys. Dude wants to know what it'll cost.

If the Raiders approached you, what would be the absolute least they should offer for you to consider the deal??

17. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Man excuse me.It was a hypothetical to see what you thought it would take from the Browns to aquire Faine?Forget I asked,was just curious.:brickwall

18. Spoda

Spoda Veteran

the problem with trading to 12 is that there are 5 "can't miss" guys and 1 holy spirit named vince...you can't trade past 6 unless you want jimmy williams

19. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

my elites would be: Bush, Young, Leinart, D'Brick, Mario, Hawk, & Davis

after them there is a drop off in talent.

20. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I could agree with that. We have the #1 pick, and we need elite for it, be it an elite trade or an elite pick. Three "above average" just isn't going to make up the difference.