Wolf

100% Texan
Roderick wright
max jean-giles
Ko simpson
Darnell bing
Gabe Watson

feel free to add to the list, but I thought these guys would be gone by now

those 5 are the ones i keep hearing about. Makes me wonder who we are going to take.

I think a trade down is a possibility..but personally I hope we take the pick. Im proud of us for just taking our picks despite the trading frenzy that was going on.. I think we are really gonna benefit from this.

I hope we stay and take Simpson. In the 4th round.. the reward with Simpson GREATLY outweighs the risk.

Grid said:
those 5 are the ones i keep hearing about. Makes me wonder who we are going to take.

I think a trade down is a possibility..but personally I hope we take the pick. Im proud of us for just taking our picks despite the trading frenzy that was going on.. I think we are really gonna benefit from this.

I hope we stay and take Simpson. In the 4th round.. the reward with Simpson GREATLY outweighs the risk.

I agree with that grid, I almost want us to try to trade a 4th round 2007 pick on this one to get a player or two from this draft

yah id have no problem trading our 6th, 7th, and a 4th or possibly even a 3rd next year to get the top two picks in the 4th and take Ko Simpson and Gabe Watson. Great value there.

Even Simpson and Jean Gilles would be nice.. though Gilles may not be the best fit for our blocking scheme.

I wonder if some teams were scared off by Jean-Gilles big weight fluctuations.
Gabe Watson might have hurt his draft standing with his pro day antics.
Ko Simpson shocks me, though. Maybe it's a sign. I thought the team would grab Eric Winston or even Winston Justice in the 2nd and EW fell to them in the 3rd. Now, a FS that could improve the defensive backfield is sitting there. Pat Watkins is also on the board and the Texans may have similar grades on them. I'd have Simpson higher and unless they can secure a good 1st day pick next year to move back a few spots, I would take him.

Wolf said:
Roderick wright-never really rated that high by most-doesn't seem to have much upside
max jean-giles- grader-dont really know what he fell
Ko simpson- bad interviews and wonderlic
Darnell bing- not sure-bad coverage possibly??
Gabe Watson- suspect work ethic

zemaitis and gordon-both cbs- havent fallen much so far but both were mocked 3rd rounders

You know, I like David Thomas -TE - Texas somewhere on the 2nd day. We don't have to rush him but this kid has something very special about him. The knack of getting open.

Elvis Dummervil -DL - Louisville. 20 sacks last year, maybe we convert him to OLB.

But, with the 4th pick, sign me up for Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing. I like their size, ability to help on the run, provide knock out hits on anyone crossing the middle and could be intimidating sending them up the middle on a S blitz.

Great Day One Texans!!!!

I'll add Omar Jacobs to the list of guys who should've gone by now. He's a lot better than some of the QBs already taken.

Toan said:
I heard Ko had an attitude problem, I hope i'm wrong though before it'll be sad if pass up on him cause of that....
Maybe a safety with an attitude problem ain't so bad......

Toan said:
I heard Ko had an attitude problem, I hope i'm wrong though before it'll be sad if pass up on him cause of that....

Its not so much an attitude problem, he's just a little immature for his age. He's not Marcus Vick and has no problems with his game.

TEXANFAN23435 said:
You know, I like David Thomas -TE - Texas somewhere on the 2nd day. We don't have to rush him but this kid has something very special about him. The knack of getting open.

Elvis Dummervil -DL - Louisville. 20 sacks last year, maybe we convert him to OLB.

But, with the 4th pick, sign me up for Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing. I like their size, ability to help on the run, provide knock out hits on anyone crossing the middle and could be intimidating sending them up the middle on a S blitz.

Great Day One Texans!!!!

Thomas is already gone. Dummervil was eliminated when we drafted Ryans, plus he is more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 anything.

Grid said:
yah id have no problem trading our 6th, 7th, and a 4th or possibly even a 3rd next year to get the top two picks in the 4th and take Ko Simpson and Gabe Watson. Great value there.

Even Simpson and Jean Gilles would be nice.. though Gilles may not be the best fit for our blocking scheme.

If we can get an extra pick in 4th by giving up next year's 4th...that would good; there are alot of good players left. Not a 3rd....we could get Ahmad Brooks with a 3rd in supplemental.

I wouldnt have minded us taking Youboty with one of our 3rds instead of 2 linemen.. then just take Jon Scott in the 4th. But its all good, right now i'd say sign me up for Ko Simpson.

Wolf said:
Roderick wright Expected him to fall this far
max jean-giles Surprised he is available
Ko simpson Expected him to fall at least to the mid-3rd
Darnell bing A little surprised he is available
Gabe Watson Not shocked but somewhat surprised he's here

I personally am not surprised but many people are probably surprised that Jonathan Scott is still available.

MorKnolle said:
I personally am not surprised but many people are probably surprised that Jonathan Scott is still available.

I'm not, I called this a while ago. I see him as a RT only type guys w/a piss-*** mentality. I have a lot of reserves about choosing him before the 6th.

Back