what happened to our offense?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by legacy_gt, Dec 23, 2012.

1. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

we have all our tight ends, johnson is playing well, we have our 3 running backs, schaub is not injured, we even have some rookies stepping up. is it our offense line these past 6 or 7 games? coach? qb can't move? i'm baffled why we can't score anymore. i mean it's one thing to lose but to not even score at home is inexcusable.

our team looks so different than the beginning of the year.

2. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

It's offensive line and to a lesser extent, playcalling.

I'd also say field position is a problem too, what with our awful special teams and the penalties they accrue.

3. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

i agree. i miss winset.

4. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

we have had bad field positioning but before we'd go the full distance...so really long drives. i don't see it anymore.

5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Past 6 or 7 games??

Apparently you guys forgot about what our offense did against the Jags and the Lions which was just a few games ago. ANd at that time it was "what is wrong with our defense"? They have only struggled a lot against two teams for the most part.

Every other week you guys are asking what is wrong with the defense or the offense.

Seems to me like the bigger question should be "What is wrong with our coaching?"

6. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

I don't doubt that is a valid question as well. However, who went into the fetal position deep in his own territory when someone just tugged his jersey?

7. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

coaching is an issue. but in the pats, redzone colts, 2nd half titans, and now vikings, our offense has disappeared. i know what's up with the defense.

8. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

the second half of the jags game disappeared.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

a slow, plodding offense that has a QB with limitations and a bunch of midfield targets but no deep threats. A line built to zone block and quick set blocking but not good for 7-step dropback passing. No real WR threat beside AJ and he is not the deep burner he used to be so you are left with a slow, plodding offense that throws in the towel with 4 mins left to play. :tiphat:

Nawzer likes this.
  10. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

i just don't see how a 6 best offense can be this bad all of the sudden.

11. Texecutioner

You're left with a team that has been the 3rd highest scoring team in the league with that offense. The Patriots don't have a good wideout either. I criticized the hell out of Rick Smith and management for not getting help at WR the last two off seasons, but everyone whined that I was being to critical of Rick Smith as a GM and hyped the hell out of guys like Lestar Jean and Martin. Somehow I knew that would blow up in people's faces.

Either way, this team has scored very well amongst the rest of the offenses in this league. The only real complaint about Schaub you guys have still stems from him not being mobile.

But if you want to complain about the last 4 minutes, then blame Kubiak. The guy has been a quitting machine since he's been the coach here. He is and always will be a problem that this team has to get over.

12. Texecutioner

Coaching........

13. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

i somewhat agree but the fact that schaub can't take over (it doesn't have to be elite) when it's really needed frustrates me. i've been a schaub fan but i think he's very limited.

14. Say Watt

Say Watt Site Contributor

Yep. Nuff said.

15. nut

nut All Pro

The quitting part is what I can't stand the most. Playcalling stinks alot of the time too. If we can get over these 2 items, we will have a chance.

16. Vinny

It's not "bad"...it's just a slow plodding offense that isn't built to play drop back and throw it around to your speedsters ball. It's an offense that needs a hook to throw the ball (play action). Stop the run and force this team to throw the ball and there is really not much quick strike element to this team. I never said it was a bad offense...just a plodder.

The Patriots have a QB that can find the open man and Brady is a shoe in HOF'er. Schaub has left a ton of TD passes on the field. AJ should have 4 more touchdowns but he has to wait on the ball all the time. Most of Schaub's good stuff comes off the waggle and reason behind that is that this is not a good deep drop-back passing group (Oline) combined with the fact that this isn't Schaub's strength to begin with.

17. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

there was a time (a few yrs ago) when we didn't have a running game and we had a very good passing game that was somewhat quick.

18. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

kubiak continues to force the run/pa pass when it's obviously not going to work.

we've seen this offense this year before move the ball like 09 when they go no huddle spead and just abandon the run.

19. Vinny

short of a wormhole I'm not sure that helps us right now. I will say that watching "possession TE's" prancing a few yards short of a first down over and over is kinda depressing.

20. legacy_gt

legacy_gt All Pro

they had some games of old in which their air game had some yardage. yeah that 4 and 1 is getting to be annoying.