What draft pick are you most pleased with?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by adam, Apr 28, 2008.

?

What draft pick are you most pleased with?

1. Duane Brown (OT)

20 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Antwaun Molden (CB)

19 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Steve Slaton (RB)

29 vote(s)
    26.6%
  4. Xavier Adibi (OLB)

27 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. Frank Okam (DT)

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Dominique Barber (FS)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Alex Brink (QB)

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. adam

adam Guero

I would say Xavier Adibi. This guy is a total monster who unquestionably has the potential to complement DeMeco quite nicely. A great pick, we always manage to pick up great players in the fourth.

2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

See my best value pick thread. The great thing here is i'm very happy with our first 5 picks and think they can all contribute from the start. I'm not upset with Barber and Spinks, I just dont think they'll be contributors at the level of the first 5 picks. Hopefully Barber finds his niche on special teams and Spinks becomes the next Sage Rosenfels though!!!

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I couldn't help myself. I voted for Brink. I just didn't want his confidence to take that knock from checking out his new teams website and seeing that nobody was pleased that they drafted him.

You go get some Alex Brink! You da' MAN!

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I've never seen so much disapproval of a 7th round pick lol. You'd think that by picking him the entire draft was ruined according to some people lol.

5. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Maybe I'm the odd ball here but who really cares about the 7th round pick? TRJ is calling him by a different name already (Brink not Spinks - though he's going to need a knockout to get on the field). So they drafted a QB who might have potential - great that's what that pick is for. Not like they just randomly picked his name out a hat. Best of luck Brink.

Adibi. Always looked good in college. Hopefully he can transition to the pros. At minimum he should be a pretty good ST guy.

6. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I'm really siked about Slaton, so I voted for him. I am really hoping that he will be the home run threat this offense has truly been missing. I can't wait to see him get in the open field on the first screen play he runs.

7. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Honestly, I'm not really all that stoked about any of them individually. So said, I think that Rick Smith and Kubiak did about the best they could given the picks that they had. They filled some holes, created some depth, and appear to have picked up some really good value with the picks that we did have.

It's not sexy but it looks like a winner. Solid, but unspectacular, draft.

Oh, and to answer the question, I'm going to say Brown. He may be a project, but we've wanted a round one LT since jump and we've got him now. That said, I'm going to put my vote where my mouth is and get behind that pick.

8. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Xavier Adibi...:doot:

With Mario and Amobi screaming down on the QB (or soaking up the double teams), and that of Demeco and Xavier covering the middle and adding blitz pressure on the QB as well...I could go in and sub for Dunta and make a confortable living! Well, not really, but you know what I mean. :fans:

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Funny... I wanted to go mostly defense in this year's draft, but the pick I am most pleased with is, Steve Slaton. As long as he used correctly (not as an every down back), he could be an added weapon fot the offense.

10. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

well we did get Myers in the 6th and he should start for us :texflag:

12. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

We landed Schaub in the 2nd also.:cool:

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I'm pleased with the first 5 picks, but I'd lean towards Slaton for thread sake. It's going to be nice seeing our RB's actually getting to the outside when they're supposed to. I've been imagining Slaton on 3rd down screens and mis-direction tosses ever since we drafted him. The guy's a burner and I enjoyed watching WV play the past couple years due to his abilities.:)

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I voted for Okam.

I'm pleased with all of them. But if Okam really does have a fire in him, he's going to make everyone on that defense better. It's going to be harder to block Amobi and Mario. We're going to improve in the run defense. Guards and centers are going to have more trouble getting to the second level to block Demeco and the other LB's.

He might not put up big individual numbers or anything but he could be a very important pick.

15. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Okam.

Just ask Ray Lewis what a huge hole-plugging beast can do for a LB.

16. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

I'd say Adibi. He's going to help out ASAP I think. I also think getting him in the 4th was a steal.

But I also like the Okam and Slaton picks as well. Of course I like getting Duane, we need a LT, hopefully this is the last draft where half the board wants a LT.

17. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I choose Molden, bcause we needed another CB and if, as they have said, he can play like Dunta and Bennett and is not affraid to tackle and will support stopping the run, and I am excited. Being that he is tall and has some speed (4.39 at the combine) he will be able toto match up with the bigger receivers once he gets some exp. I just hope he plays as fast as in 40 time is.

Sorry Faggins but I hope this means you do not make the roster out of training camp.

18. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I'm pleased with the first 5 picks, but I went with Adibi simply because to me he represented the best value. I really thought he would go mid 2nd to mid 3rd. But, I'm happy with all those guys. Now rounds 6 and especially 7......:scarygirl:

19. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I voted for Adibi. I had been watching this dude all last year & it just seemed like he was in on every play. 2nd i would have to say Brown b/c we've needed an LT for so long & our front office finally felt that it was something that had to be addressed so we can move to the next level on offense. It really just more of the fact that i got tired of the patchwork...... save for Spencer.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I'll answer this once I can see them play. Right now every team in the league feels good about their draft.