Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

Blown out in 3 of the last 4 games....you think starting case is gonna fix all those problems that contributed to that?

Yes. A strong leader that's not effing up every other play provides momentum. Momentum leads to wins. Wins lead to faith and confidence. That's all it takes. See Broncos before and after Manning.

Yes. A strong leader that's not effing up every other play provides momentum. Momentum leads to wins. Wins lead to faith and confidence. That's all it takes. See Broncos before and after Manning.

Absolutely agree. Having a great QB can mask a lot of your teams weaknesses and carry you over through the hump. With schaub at wheel, every single aspect of your team has to be clicking in order to pick the slack.

Its not suppose to be that way. QB is the one that's suppose to carry the burden. Just look at what Tom Brady is doing in New England. Look at what happened when Peyton left the colts. They barely won a game.

QB position is that important yet its the most neglected position in the history of the texans.

Absolutely agree. Having a great QB can mask a lot of your teams weaknesses and carry you over through the hump. With schaub at wheel, every single aspect of your team has to be clicking in order to pick the slack.

Its not suppose to be that way. QB is the one that's suppose to carry the burden. Just look at what Tom Brady is doing in New England. Look at what happened when Peyton left the colts. They barely won a game.

QB position is that important yet its the most neglected position in the history of the texans.

Yeah there are so many manning's and Brady's it's shocking the texans have been ignoring picking them up

Yeah there are so many manning's and Brady's it's shocking the texans have been ignoring picking them up

you try so hard to miss every point its ridiculous.. weve seen this leadership from tons of qbs not named peyton or brady.. havent seen it from schaub..

If this asinine assertion about hometown boy was valid then Vince young would be playing here since he WAS a far more accomplished QB.

The only expectations I have of keenum is to not the lousy eff up QB Schaub has become. Asking him to not be as bad as Schaub is not exactly shooting for the stars.

It's funny how you think if you call it asinine, that it somehow makes your opinion more relevant. Name calling is a sign of weakness, and a very weak argument. Don't try to pretend like there have not been tons of calls for VY before, even now, so yea. Hometown boy BS.

Then there is the fact that you yourself probably brought up a time or two when you accused Kubiak if being loyal to a fault, so how could he stay loyal to Schaub and pickup VY?

yeah right, which keenum fan has said he's the next drew brees?

look at schaub's play the last 4 games, and Tj Yates, if Keenum can do better than that and put the fight against the best D in football, Im hopeful of the kid's future.

Well nobody has used those actual words that I am aware of, but certainly that is the insinuation, that all he needs is a chance and he will set the NFL world on fire. Yeah it's 4 games in a 16 game season. You have allot of IF's in your scenarios, and IF's works both ways.

What IF Schaub was healthy and beat the Chief like he has done before?, and what IF Schaub then went on to beat the Colts? The Texans would then be leading the AFCS assuming the Colts lose to the Broncos (Which they will). What IF every time I farted a deposit of 1 million dollars magically appeared in my bank account? IF, IF, IF, IF, IF!

Interesting. I wonder if (we) the fans will give Keenum more latitude than we are giving Schaub and Yates?

Of course they will, regardless whether they should or not. Because he is the home town college hero, and many have praised him as if he is the 2nd coming of Drew Brees even though he has never taken a snap against the 1's in a regular season game, they will give him a pass and blame everything on Kubiak if it goes wrong. You know it's true.

I'm going to be watching how Keenum does of his own accord rather than the scoreboard. I know it's easy to simplify and point to the scoreboard but the score does not tell all.

If the defense or special teams sh!ts the bed Sunday of course I will not blame Keenum for it.

Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Now the scoreboard does not matter, and if the D ****s the bed it is not Keenum's fault, even though the D has **** the bed several times this season, it's still only Schaub's fault. But eventually, IF Keenum does not win, or weave the magic so many think he will, they will eventually turn on him too. It's just what some Houston fans do. Been doing it for decades.

Wait... Was everything perfect for Schaub in the "Next Man Up" season? Was the special teams playing perfect? You confuse "Schaub needs good OL play" with "everything needs to be perfect for Schaub to play well". Schaub has performed many times when things were not perfect. Pretty sure things were not perfect in the San Diego game this year either, nor were they in the Seahawks game, yet he still was carving the so called number one D to pieces in the first half, but I know, it was just the Seahawks playing poorly, not Schaub playing well, right?

You guys just keep taking your shots at Schaub, but at least have the courtesy to include some reality in there somewhere, not just Anti-Schaub propaganda.

Wait... Was everything perfect for Schaub in the "Next Man Up" season? Was the special teams playing perfect? You confuse "Schaub needs good OL play" with "everything needs to be perfect for Schaub to play well". Schaub has performed many times when things were not perfect. Pretty sure things were not perfect in the San Diego game this year either, nor were they in the Seahawks game, yet he still was carving the so called number one D to pieces in the first half, but I know, it was just the Seahawks playing poorly, not Schaub playing well, right?

You guys just keep taking your shots at Schaub, but at least have the courtesy to include some reality in there somewhere, not just Anti-Schaub propaganda.

"Schaub has all kinds of time sitting in the pocket."

Since Schaub's been here, no one has been able to honestly say that, not the way these other QBs have been able to sit in the pocket, make multiple reads, pump fake.... Not the way Sam Bradford had "all the time in the world" last Sunday.

Not even back when we had the "best line in the league" with the great Eric Winston (who got tore up against Seattle Thursday night) & Mike Briesel. He's had "enough" time, or "should" have been able to do more.... but he's played at a high level in spite of it.

He has his faults, & I believe a lot of the limitations of this offense is due to Schaub's limitations. We don't run a 2 minute drill, because of Schaub. We don't try to score at the end of a half because of Schaub. We don't play 3 & 5 wides because of Schaub. Our WRs don't rack up TDs because of Schaub.

But he's never got the credit he's deserved. Not from us.

"Schaub has all kinds of time sitting in the pocket."

Since Schaub's been here, no one has been able to honestly say that, not the way these other QBs have been able to sit in the pocket, make multiple reads, pump fake.... Not the way Sam Bradford had "all the time in the world" last Sunday.

Not even back when we had the "best line in the league" with the great Eric Winston (who got tore up against Seattle Thursday night) & Mike Briesel. He's had "enough" time, or "should" have been able to do more.... but he's played at a high level in spite of it.

He has his faults, & I believe a lot of the limitations of this offense is due to Schaub's limitations. We don't run a 2 minute drill, because of Schaub. We don't try to score at the end of a half because of Schaub. We don't play 3 & 5 wides because of Schaub. Our WRs don't rack up TDs because of Schaub.

But he's never got the credit he's deserved. Not from us.

After the 2011 season I put Schaub just outside the top echelon of QBs in this league. I believe that may be the high water mark of his career. I always knew he wasn't the type of guy to will a team to a victory, and you had to have a good team around him to get the job done. I've given Schaub his praise and stuck up for him at times but I can no longer do that.

After the 2011 season I put Schaub just outside the top echelon of QBs in this league. I believe that may be the high water mark of his career. I always knew he wasn't the type of guy to will a team to a victory, and you had to have a good team around him to get the job done. I've given Schaub his praise and stuck up for him at times but I can no longer do that.

You're right, I shouldn't say he's never got credit. Houston did love her some Schaub for a little while there. & it's definitely not warranted now.

You're right, I shouldn't say he's never got credit. Houston did love her some Schaub for a little while there. & it's definitely not warranted now.

It is the nature of fans to love and hate players based on nothing more than what have you done for me lately.

All I know is that if Keenum is successful, you are going to hear a bunch of people on here talking about how Kubiak's scheme is great and how he is the right coach. If he fails, you're likely to see a bunch of people talking about how Kubiak isn't worth a damn and it's no wonder Keenum couldn't succeed.

Last edited:

Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, RG3, Andrew Luck laugh. Big Ben, Joe Flaco these guys have super bowl ring. All quarterbacks not named Brady or Manning are not qb's that cannot get it down. Matt Schaub and David Carr are just incapable quarterbacks bottom line. Drew Brees, Eli Manning it just keeps going...

I think he did enough for me to want to see another start out of him. Got almost 300 yards passing with a crap o-line against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

he played well with alot of things going against him. losing the running game against that defense was huge. this season is quickly turning into a nightmare it's not even much about case or schaub or any of that anymore.

No doubt based on MS and TJ as the competition that Case deserves to continue. If Luck stays healthy we are done this year. Really need to clean house in front office.

Win some games ....... and like him himself winning some games with his arm and feet lik carry the team on his back that's what I need

Back