Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What do you think about Peyton?

I'm not sure what the TT consensus is on the sheriff, but...

I think the guy is un-freaking-believable. Easily the greatest QB I've ever seen, including Aaron Rodgers, and he's probably the best of all time. Unfortunately he spent 9 years making a laughing stock of the Texans D, but he had to play somewhere.

There was a lot of talk earlier this year that he'd lost it, but he's showing once again why the Texans dreaded 2 games every season. I am still a huge fan of his. He is an amazing signal caller and a funny + nice guy to boot.

Your thoughts?

It could be argued he is the best QB in the history of the league. I wouldnt argue against the statement as he has changed the position , look how many other teams try to do what he does at the LOS now.

It could be argued that one superbowl win isnt enough ... to be in that rarified air but .... teams win superbowls not individual players.

Ive hated the guy since the Texans joined the NFL because he didnt play for my team and did what he was suppose to do .... win games.

I didnt really believe he would play well this year or again for that matter , he's shut me up. But like the way he always seems to find a way to come back and win a game , he came back and defeated injury.

Dont care that the Texans didnt make a serious run at aquiring him asthey just didnt have the cap space. Would have been nice to have that calibur of signal caller .... but I understand the financial side just wouldnt work.

I hope we dont see the Bronco's in the playoffs ... Peyton still scares me , 3 score lead or not , until the final gun sounds. (I did say on more than one occasion that I believe we'll see a Texans Bronco's AFC title game).

I think the guy is un-freaking-believable. Easily the greatest QB I've ever seen, including Aaron Rodgers, and he's probably the best of all time. Unfortunately he spent 9 years making a laughing stock of the Texans D, but he had to play somewhere.

There was a lot of talk earlier this year that he'd lost it, but he's showing once again why the Texans dreaded 2 games every season. I am still a huge fan of his. He is an amazing signal caller and a funny + nice guy to boot.

Your thoughts?

I think the guy's brother is awesome. He is clutch like no one else, already won 2 Super Bowls and a 1st ballet HOFer. Peyton might make the HOF himself and sharing the last name with Eli will certainly help his cause.

So...

Peyton isn't a 100% first-ballot HOFer, but might benefit from being Eli's brother?

magic_mushrooms_plant_colourful.jpg
pink-elephants-3.jpg
sunra_pink_elephants.jpg

I think John Elway deserves Executive of the Year for getting Peyton and dumping Tebow. Big gamble and it looks like a big payoff. The Broncos are one of 3 AFC teams that have a legit shot at the Super Bowl.

I think the guy's brother is awesome. He is clutch like no one else, already won 2 Super Bowls and a 1st ballet HOFer. Peyton might make the HOF himself and sharing the last name with Eli will certainly help his cause.

Homer.

Peyton is a much better QB than Eli.

As to best of all time I still go Staubach. But Peyton other than whining to officials is what every coach would write down on paper as what he wants for QB.

Super bowl wins should be a factor when ranking Qb's but not the most important factor. Some Qb's are just dealt a better defense and running game than others. Classic example is John Elway. The dude is one of the best ever, probably top 5. But he was getting blown out in Super Bowls until he finally got a running game and a decent defense. And all of sudden, boom!!! Back to back titles.

Manning colts are never going to be rembered for a strong defense or running game. It was basically Peyton and his recievers tearing it up. If Peyton was the Steelers Qb from the get go and Roethlisberger was the Colts Qb, I am almost certain that peyton would have at least three maybe even four rings to his credit. And Ben wouldn't have sniffed a ring.

Best of all time? Montana. But Unitas, Staubach, Marino, Peyton, and Brady are all in the mix.

Peyton>>>>>>>>Eli as a QB. Just IMHO. If I had to guess which one is a sure lock first ballot HOF'er, it'st Peyton, not Eli.

Take a look at the teams Peyton has beaten vs lost too.

Atl/Hou/Pats Lost

Pitts/Raiders/Jags/Chargers. Wins.

Not discounting Peytons abilities,but when they have to play good teams in the cold later this yr I dont see things going well for Peyton/Broncos. Good teams seem to be able to take advantage of Peytons inabities to overcome his lack of arm strength. Bad teams on the otherhand are more likely too be lined up wrong or Peyton can fool them into putting their defenses into bad situations. IMHO

Best of all time? Montana. But Unitas, Staubach, Marino, Peyton, and Brady are all in the mix.
Unitas leads that pack...his consecutive TD streak in an era where you could hammer the wr's at any point anyplace on the field is one of the more remarkable things ever. I don't think Staubach belongs in that group...he was good though. For the record, I like Manning...both of them. I even liked Eli when everyone around here was down on him.

Tom Brady has done more with less throughout their careers. He's had multiple OC's, an interchanging revolving door of WR's, never really had a great running game, and has had a few seasons with a great defense to help. Brady's post season record trumps Peyton's post season record and he has beaten him more times in the post season. When Brady had an elite WR in Moss for the first time he broke all types of records. When Moss was kicked to the curb he still lit it up with trash other then Welker and some TE's that wouldn't be nearly as good on other teams. Brady has also beaten Manning in the post season more times when it counts. For all of the talk that people mention of Manning and his audibles, they completely forget about the times Manning's decision making has cost his team games in the playoffs. Manning has one ring and in his other SB he threw an epic pick that cost his team the game. When Favre does that people over hype it big time. But realistically Manning's career accomplishments are going to be a lot closer and more similar to those of Farve while Brady's will be a lot more similar and closer to Montana.

As for Montana who I believe is the 2nd best QB of all time. Well Brady's stats are already better then his in just about all categories.

By the time that Rodgers retires, I think he is right up there with Peyton as well. Probably better.

But anyone suggesting that Eli is better then his brother is a prisoner of the moment. Eli has gotten better and better, but people forget the weapons Eli has right now for some reason. He's had a great running game for years, he has elite level WR's and two of them actually. And with Cruz, Nicks, and Hixon, and a great D, well that's a hell of a team to be surrounded by.

People were not hip to Eli because he's not the fiery jumping bean that his brother is.

I think people read Eli as being a bit aloof and sort of uninterested in being the best.

Funny thing is that he's achieving championships and cranking out season after season as a competent QB, and people still say things like "Tony Romo is underrated. Really, Romo is a great QB who just doesn't have the pieces around him..." LOL. Seriously, that people bag on Eli and exalt Romo (not saying in any way I'm targeting posters here, just making general statement) its utterly laughable.

My dad is a lifer for the Cowboys, and he seriously has a deep rooted hatred for Eli Manning. I think it's partly his past dislike for Archie...but there's some QB envy going on too. If Eli was leading the Cowbabies to Super Bowl titles, my dad would be the biggest Eli fan in Texas.

Super bowl wins should be a factor when ranking Qb's but not the most important factor. Some Qb's are just dealt a better defense and running game than others. Classic example is John Elway. The dude is one of the best ever, probably top 5. But he was getting blown out in Super Bowls until he finally got a running game and a decent defense. And all of sudden, boom!!! Back to back titles.

Manning colts are never going to be rembered for a strong defense or running game. It was basically Peyton and his recievers tearing it up. If Peyton was the Steelers Qb from the get go and Roethlisberger was the Colts Qb, I am almost certain that peyton would have at least three maybe even four rings to his credit. And Ben wouldn't have sniffed a ring.

In the grand scheme of things, I think that Elway is maybe the most underrated QB ever. He led his team to 3 SB's early on with a ton of trash. He then, went on to win two SB's when he had better weapons beating Favre in one of them.

Homer.

Peyton is a much better QB than Eli.

As to best of all time I still go Staubach. But Peyton other than whining to officials is what every coach would write down on paper as what he wants for QB.

If it's not named John Elway, it's not the greatest ever.

Your thoughts?

One of the best ever, and my favorite NFL player of all time.

For me... at this point... it's
1. Unitas
2. Montana
3. Brady
4. Peyton
5. Elway
6. Marino

Eli is up there and with 2 SBs, he's in the HOF, but what's always put me off is that he can get streaky and make really stupid decisions. He's just not consistently good. Of course, this puts him into position for 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives but he shouldn't have been in those positions in the first place. When he puts together a complete game, he can be awesome.

For me... at this point... it's
1. Unitas
2. Montana
3. Brady
4. Peyton
5. Elway
6. Marino

Eli is up there and with 2 SBs, he's in the HOF, but what's always put me off is that he can get streaky and make really stupid decisions. He's just not consistently good. Of course, this puts him into position for 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives but he shouldn't have been in those positions in the first place. When he puts together a complete game, he can be awesome.

The way I look at things, is who could compete at the highest level in any era. With that being said, I don't see how Unitas even cracks the top 3. Putting him in the top 5 is being nice. YOu could take any of these QB's on this list and put them on his same Colts team and they're better.

Doesn't it take a good team to make things work? Brady on the Chiefs or Manning would make them better but not win a ring.

The way I look at things, is who could compete at the highest level in any era. With that being said, I don't see how Unitas even cracks the top 3. Putting him in the top 5 is being nice. YOu could take any of these QB's on this list and put them on his same Colts team and they're better.

I don't mix eras because I think you've got to compare a player against their level of competition. The NFL today is bigger, faster, and stronger than it was 20, 40, 60, 80 years ago. The players have evolved. You could take almost any player from today and transport them back 50 years and they would be a dominant player.

I still consider Jim Brown the greatest RB of all time. But he wouldn't be the same guy if you were to stick him into the lineup today. Back then, he was 230 pounds and the DEs and DTs trying to tackle him were 250-260 pounds. He was great because he was tough, smart, and he had an athletic edge on the guys he was playing against.

So comparing Unitas against the other great QBs of his age, Unitas was a monster that was head and shoulders above his competition.

Montana? He was the right guy in the right place. If he hadn't gotten picked up by the Niners, we probably wouldn't even remember him. But he did. And he was great in that offense. So I have to give it to him.

Brady and Peyton... you take them and put them back into the 80's or into the 50's, and they would dominate the competition. But that's not when they lived. I have to judge them within the context of their era. And they've still got some things to prove. Either of them could move up and take the top spot away from Unitas, but they haven't done it, yet.

Peyton is hands down the best quarterback i've ever seen. But I didnt see unitas or starbauch. Montana is my #2.

Back