What do you expect from Reggies pro day???

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Dunta_23, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

What do you think his 40 will be?

Will be impress scouts?

Will he catch the ball well, etc?

I think he will/should run a blazing 40...4.30-4.35..he just looks so fast!!!

2. bad

bad Veteran

I think Bush will tear up the 40...anything above 4.35 would surprise me and I could see him hitting the 4.25-4.28 range.

I expect any questions about his pass-catching ability (for those who haven't been paying attention) will be answered, emphatically.

Agility drills? Are you kidding me?

I foresee a bit more solidarity on these boards after April 2nd.

3. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

I see him running in the 4.36-4.44 range. I think his short shuttle will be impressive also.

4. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

Unlike others, who aren't taking their draft position seriously, All I hear is how hard Reggie is working to get in "NFL Shape" & his desire to be picked #1 overall. I expect him to be at the top of his game & impress EVERY one. Even the Vince/Trade down lovers. Leinart will look good too I am guessing, canceling any beliefs of Vince to the Titans. :twocents:

Really can't wait to see Reggie run the 40:superman:

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I expect Gary Kubiak and Bob McNair to be there. Smiling. :D

Don't get your hopes up.

6. Hawg

Hawg Rookie

Their will always be haters!

7. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

ditto

8. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

to be honest i think if runs anything higher than a 4.4 40 i think it's going to be a disapointment...the story on this is kid is that he is crazy fast like mathis and has the agility of barry sanders...so if he's not running atleast in the 4.3's i think it's going to make every step back and think for awhile...now what do i think he's gonna run...after watching film on the kid i see him running the in the 4.2's...that's what i would be expecting from him

9. Hawg

Hawg Rookie

Do you really think that he is going to be able to run the 40 in the 4.2's. That is crazy fast. Isnt that faster than Mathis.

10. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

This is what I expect:

Reggie Bush will have a very solid Pro Day.

There are less things that he will be asked to do that will involve interpretation--like it is for QBs.

Matt Leinart will have a very solid Pro Day too, but will be stumped when asked why his name violates the "i before e except after c" rule.

11. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Hahahaha. Seriously, if that doesn't drop his draft stock, I don't know what will.

And that is part of the beauty of RB in general -- less scrutinized that QB's whose names start with Vince and end in Young. RB position simply features less intangibles to measure or consider, and there have been less questions asked about Reggie to this point. Put up hot measurables and solidify your top 3 status (some would say top status, but I haven't fully conceded him going to the Texans just yet.)

I think Reggie can run a 4.28, 4.29. I expect however he will run in the low to mid 4.3s.

12. BeReal

BeReal Rookie

Yeah, it would be faster than Mathis. I think he'll record times b/t 4.29 and 4.44. He's put on some weight though, so I'm not sure how much it'll affect his acceleration.

13. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

Reggie Bush used to be a high school sprinter(100 & 200m) as well and was in the top 5 in California if I remember correctly... So to say that his speed is comparable or maybe better than Mathis' isnt far off...Id love to see him hit mid 4.2's...and have the league go into a frenzy...and the way he apparently works out and trains...it probably isnt out of the picture

14. BeReal

BeReal Rookie

I just don't see him running anything faster than a 4.28, hopefully I'm wrong :superman:

15. Hawg

Hawg Rookie

Nice bit of info. I didnt know that. Maybe his speed is better than I thought it might be. I was think mid to high 4.3's. But wow, 4.2's thats flying. Man you put the speed of Mathis in a guy that can cut back like Reggie with Reggie's vision. Thats deadly.:drool:

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

It was on another thread but in 2002 Reggie won the Boys 50m race at the LA Indoor Track and Field event with a time of 5.87 and came in second place the next year with a time of 5.85 (lost by .03 seconds). I know it isn't exact, but if you convert 50m to 40y he ran in the mid to high 4.2 range.

17. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I don't care what he runs personally. (to be fair, I didn't care that Vince ran slower than expected) I could care less if he runs a 3.98 or a 5.98. All I care about is how many guys were able to catch him from behind? Case closed. :ok:

18. Hawg

Hawg Rookie

Elaborate please.

19. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

I think he means that he has never seen Reggie Bush get tackled from behind, meaning nobody has ever caught him, therefor no matter what his 40 time is, he is "fast enough"

20. Hawg

Hawg Rookie

Thanks. that's what i was hoping that he meant, because if he was trying to go the other way. I was going to have a fit.