What did we learn today?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by awtysst, Oct 21, 2007.

1. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Ok everyone. Calm down, take a deep breath, and get a cold glass of water. This is not the end of the world. If anything, it shows how much we have progressed in the last couple of years. So Awtysst (that would be me) would like to break down the lessons this game(and this season thus far) have taught us.

1. The Texans are not a playoff team this year. So everyone who is thinking playoffs, forget it right now, its not going to happen. I know with that 2-0 start the Texans looked great. However, we are building towards a playoff run and need another off season and draft. There are only so many holes we can fill at once. Instead lets concentrate on getting the team to gel and play together.

2. Our reserves suck. We have a bunch of great starters, but it should be obvious that we are not in a position where we can plug in players and expect great results. We are still molding a great team and this takes time. BTW, if there were any C&C supporters out there, you can thank those two for our lack of depth.

3. Defense. This young defense has shown glimpses of looking really good. However, we are still in need of a true FS. I will say that I liked what I saw out of Bennett today. He is gonna be a great secondary CB opposite Dunta.

4. Lay off Dunta. I know a bunch of people are blaming Dunta but you really need to blame the front 4. They need to get more pressure on the QB and make Collins get rid of the ball faster. When crunch time came they simply couldnt get rid to the ball. They were probably gassed.

5. Turnovers. We are not good enough to spot teams points. Fumbling the ball within your own 30 is as good as spotting the opposition 3 points. Do it enough times and it has a tendency to bite you on the ass.

6. Heart. This Texans team did not quit. They might have been playing a soft D in the 4th, but they still played all out. They scored 29 points and were on the verge of victory. You know what? The Texans did not deserve to win that game and should have been blown out. Instead they came back and made it a real game. In a couple years we will look back at games like this that was the catylist for the Texans success.

Texanmike02 likes this.
  2. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Never to get excited about this team again, every time I do I end up disappointed and depress.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

7. I must've been a cowboys fan in a past life to deserve this kind of punishment.

4. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

1.) I'm tired of this 'Maybe next year' crap.

2.) Agreed

3.) Agreed.

4.) So now it is the Dline's fault? Man they played good not amazing or great but it was far from horrible and Travis Johnson stood out. I'd hardly say it was their fault, Dunta had his man covered and got beat and didn't knock it down, maybe he choked because he gave up two big pays or maybe we were playing friggin prevent.

5.) Agreed

6.) Agreed

But I am done with this "Well maybe next year we will have the pieces in place." And I wouldn't place the blame on the Dline.

5. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Hopefully we didn't learn that Schaub is soft. He got wacked good by Haynesworth, but David Bust took worse about every series.

Sage looked good

Green is old

6. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

I know people will hijack this thread and be bitter and sarcastic, but we learned that our team never quits and will fight to the end. Thats the sign of a true team.

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Sage threw 3 picks and fumbled a snap. I wouldn't call that good.

8. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

I guess, we still loss despite the effort and that is all that matters to me. When we start coming back and actually winning games then maybe i'll be thrilled. We almost came back against the Colts and the Falcons...and now the Titans, almost doesn't count.

9. The1ApplePie

He also threw 4 tds in the 4th

10. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Then came back and produced Brady-like numbers...

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Prevent defense?

So he throws 4 TD's yet he gives the ball up 4 times. You really think that's a good game?

Garbage time numbers, like last year in TEN.

12. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

8. We are nothing without AJ.

9. I'd go with one of those 5-gallon jugs of water

10. VY has to wait until Week 14 until he is given his ass-kicking.

11. I had to save 10 for VY.

12. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have.

10 1/2: Sage for President! :user:

13. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

And what do we have to show for it? A losing record. Morale victories doesn't win championships or even gets us into the playoffs, it'll lead us back to a top ten pick. I'm sick of losing

14. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

13. It's only garbage time if we don't take the lead.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm sorry, but my sarcastic humor is the only way I know how to cope after a loss like this. I don't mean anything by it. I'm like a clown that's crying on the inside...........tomorrow I have to go accept my new avatar for the next two weeks over at the TOMB.

16. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

14. Brady produced better than Brady numbers.

17. The1ApplePie

15. Stat Padding!

16. Haynesworth stole Mario and AO's HGH

18. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

If all we can talk about here is the end result, there's not a hold lot of stuff to discuss...

Not all things are black or white, and on these boards we like to discuss the shades of gray.

19. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Sage turned the ball over when the game was close, then morphed into Montana late in the game.

However, saying he had a "good" game is ridiculous when he personally gave the ball to the Tits 4 times today with dumbass decisions.

20. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

17. We're the ones that are supposed to be kicking field goals to eternity.

18. They're the ones supposed to come back in the 4th.

19. We switched teams.

20. We won this game. :whip: