What Buffalo thinks...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by erickwsmom, Apr 15, 2005.

1. erickwsmom

erickwsmom Rookie

From www.democratandchronicle.com

A notch below BUFFALO???

2. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

Makes sense to me. They look at us just how we look at them. No telling who will be the soft spot until the whistle blows.

3. blaise

blaise Rookie

Well, that would technically be what Rochester thinks. The D&C is a Rochester paper. Not to split hairs.

4. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Remember last year when we all thought we'd go 2-0 out of the gate, cause we had a soft spot at the top of the schedule?

And wasn't Miami pretty confident two seasons back?

5. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

I could be mistaken, but arent we 2-0 against Buffalo?

6. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Buffalo had a pretty good team last year plus it's a home game. I can see why people would think they have a advantage.

7. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

No, we are 1-1. Loss the first year.

We are a notch below the Bills, still doesnt mean we cant win. We should be able to keep Losman in check but it's a good thing I got McGahee in my dynasty league because he is going to tear us up. It will take a few weeks for our new LBs to gel.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Buffalo beat us at home in our first year and we beat them on the road our second year.

As far as being a notch below than them. They were 8-8, we were 7-9. I would say that is about right. :cool:

9. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

The Bills were a playoff caliber team last year. We were not. However, Bledsoe to Losman will be a big change for them that you would expect to (at least initially) take them in a downward direction.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Bills play tough defense and run the ball as well as any NFL team. If we can't stop the run right out of the gate we will start 0-1

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I am just glad we don't have to play them in Nov or Dec. That is when we will be really competing for our playoff spot.

12. Vinny

The season is so short in football that you compete for the playoffs every week. Each game means something in football unlike in most other sports. That is one of the great reasons why the NFL regular season is so meaningful and dramatic each and every week.

13. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

The Texans have to do a lot better at home against the AFC.

14. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Yeah, I remember that one. We were so close to being able to seal the deal there. Buffalo was expected to put it on us but the team played them tough until the end. I also remember it for a stupid, stupid Jay Foreman penalty that hurt us. We came close to being 2-0 against the Bills though.

15. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

And Capers really likes smart LBs like he mentioned when we signed Greenwood. :woot

16. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

I think it's good we play them week one with a rookie QB. Having said that we cannot take them for granted. The bills have one of the best D units in the league and probobly THE BEST young running back in the league. If we can stop the run and move the ball well forcing Losman to beat us i LIKE OUR CHANCES. As far as being a notch below Buffalo let's hope they truly believe that and we catch them by suprise(right Dallas and Miami).
    Remember this is not quite the same Buffalo team as last year. With Bledsoe gone and Losman in their not as strong combined with the fact they have no 1st rounder I would say they have gotten a little worse this year and after the draft we will have gotten a little better!(hopefully)

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

We are definitely not a notch below them. This is just a local sportswriter's homeristic view and optimisim of their new qb and pending season. They were on the brink of the payoffs last year and this year there throwing their new qb out there. Sounds kinda familiar doesn't it (Cincinatti). They will be taking a small step back, but in the long run it will work out for them. You also have to take in account the improvement our team has made. By the time this game takes place, it will be about 6 months since David suffured his last sack, so he shouldn't be ancy like he is sometimes. Last year he started off hot and was one of the highest rated qbs, especialy in the fourth. It just seemed as the season went on and after endless sacks he was knocked out of his rhythm, lost trust in his line, and had the deer in headlights look. The procussions of the sacks will be long faded by the time this game takes place.
    Dunta isn't coming into this opener a rookie and coming off last year probably has as much confidence as any player on our team. Someone mentioned the inexperience of the lbs, but what about the experience gained by babin. He really started comming on towards the end of last year and he should be a big peice of the many blitz packages we will be throwing at this new qb. By no means am I checking this one off as a win, cause we have seen what a rookie qb can do (Big Ben), but if we are going to be a playoff team this year this is one of those games we have to win. With the crappy bye week they gave us this year it is really important we go in 2-0.

18. Vinny

Buffalo has an elite NFL defense so they have at least one unit that is well above average. That is more than we can say. I think that puts them a notch higher than us. We are the clear underdog in that matchup.

19. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

In this game, we are significant underdogs. They are at home on opening day. If the crowd is ever in a game, this one is it (besides playoff games). They have a super strong defense. They have a great running game. They have a very strong receiving core (2 great receivers). On the other hand, we have a strong receiver, a potentially strong running/passing game, and a fairly new defense. Yes we are very much underdogs, but at the same time, sometimes the underdog wins. Otherwise, SF and MIA would have been 0-16, you know?

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

They had one or the best defenses last year, but that always changes from year to year. Dallas had the best defense two seasons ago and they were horrible last year. Didn't Buffalo lose their NT to FA. They have a better defense on paper but we are more balanced then they will be. They have to focus on shuting down our running and passing game. We should and I say "should" with caution only have to worry with their running game. Also don't count out our defense. If you throw out that browns game we had the best defense in the league over a 3 game span.