What are your thoughts on Ryans?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Roughnecks, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

I don't know if tis has been thrown out there but Ryan just seems like a stud at LB. I am impressed with his play this preseason and can not wait to see him play the Broncos. He has not had to go aginst a team that runs like Denver. So I am ready to see him just sworm the ball and fly take one of the Bells head off with Ryans and Super Mario our defense has a very bright future. Try to think back to the House of Pain Al Smith,Curtis Duncun, Ray Childress, Sean Jones boy that was the days but our D has a brite furture with Ryans and Mario.

2. texan767

texan767 Rookie

uh... Wasn't Curtis Duncan a reciever?

3. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

Yes but I was talking about the team as a whole there was good team chemistry and you can see these guys doing the same.

4. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Mario is a bigger stronger and faster version of sean jones and i see demeco being as good as and maybe better than al smith we also have 2 hard hitting safeties to add to the mix. This season is gonna be sweet!!!! i can see us having a very intimidating D fense this year.

5. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

uhm! could someone give me directions to a david carr post.

Farough likes this.
  6. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

7. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

Ryan will make some mistakes this year but he could develop into a Leader for our D. It will be fun to see Mario and Ryans develop this year.

8. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Dont forget to mention Seals, Montgomery, and Fuller.:)

9. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I've stated it in another post, but I will put it here as well. I think when it everything is finished, DeMeco Ryans will be considered the best linebacker out of the 2006 draft. He's got great instincts and he seems to be everywhere. He'll have rookie moments, but IMHO he will be great.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Kubiak just named him the starter at the mike on opening day...no real surprise here, but it's official now.

11. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Great News!

12. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I actually haven't seen what the big deal is....yet. I thought he's been OK so far this preseason. But right now I don't see him in the running for ROTY yet.

13. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

It's good to hear that Ryans is the official stater, this guy is really going to contribute and lay some bigg hits on people. Between Ryans,Greenwood,Orr our LB's are going to be a successful unit this season,with the aggressiveness of our front 4, this is going to be a beauty to watch. :yahoo: I just hope our DB's can hold up their end of the bargain, but I have faith cuz of the pressure were going to put on oppossing QB's.:texflag:

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

probably because the season hasn't started. This is the time of year when the second/third team scrubs like Matt Cassell leads the league in passing and Greg Jennings leads the league in receptions.

15. CoachJim

CoachJim Veteran

Who the HEYAL is Greg Jennings? ...

16. CoachJim

CoachJim Veteran

And now for my 300th post Imma go out on that limb with Vin & say DRyans will emerge as the DROY. JVilma didn't exactly kick the door in at 1st on his way to robbing DRobinson for DROY a couple of years ago. He'll get better quick as Vilma did IMO.

EDIT: Between Vin & myself, we cover the better part of 600 lbs. I hope that limbs pretty thick.

17. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

not to be a downer, but I remember Vilma having a better defense around him as a rookie than Demeco has. I mean he had John Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Jason Ferguson in front of him.

18. CoachJim

CoachJim Veteran

You don't think MWilliams, AWeaver, & maybe SPayne are comparable?

19. Scooter

Scooter Funky

it's a little premature, but between depth and talent, i'd put our d-line in the realm of jacksonville & carolina. seeing ryans as DROY shouldnt suprise anyone ... he will lead this team in tackles, and if we can see any kind of success he'll be recognized for it. or at very least, he'll be the "obvious choice, but plays outside of new york & california" like dunta was. ryans is going to make his fair share of rookie mistakes, but we landed a gem ... i expect ryans to be similar to tatupu's season, but i'd assume about 20 more tackles.

20. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

What do I think? I think I've finally found someone worthy enough for me to blow cash on a jersey for.

Can't wait to see him shake off the rookie stuff and go totally monster on someone's offense.

:superman: