What are you doing Capers!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by toro#8, Aug 21, 2005.

1. toro#8

toro#8 Rookie

In my opinion Dom Capers is not a very inteligent coach you look at the offence line they all look flat. the team just does not lookready to play some ball. Now dont get me wrong im a HUGE FAN but it reall make me angry when i watch and i see flat and to me its up to thw head coach to get the guys in shape. hes a good starter coach but IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO GO CAPERS. :brickwall THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE HIT IN TEXAS.during the raiders game i was watching our defence get run all over the field in the first half it was disgusting. WE ALL WANT WINS NOW DOM MAKE IT HAPPEN OR PACK YOUR BAGS AND MOVE BACK TO CAROLINA. Now this is just my opinion but i know lots of others that feel the same way. BUT AS ALWAYS I WILL SUPPORT THE TEXANS AND DOWN WITH THE COWGIRLS NEXT WEEK.

TEXAN PRIDE :texflag:

2. MossSupaFreak

MossSupaFreak Rookie

give capers time :)

3. toro#8

toro#8 Rookie

hes had 3 years its time to show progress

4. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Hey Toro, nice first post. Welcome aboard.

5. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

if we dont make it to the play-offs this year i feel he will be gone. unless we win 10 games and still dont get in than i see him staying !

6. wags

wags Hall of Fame

He really isn't very intelligent.

Me want wins also. :)

7. MossSupaFreak

MossSupaFreak Rookie

you guys are a new team and are improving pretty damn fast i dont think you guys should get rid of capers

8. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

Zach did not play. Seth started in his place. Victor started in Seths place. For all of that to happen in the last week and Carr not get sacked. I think I would at least wait till regular season to start the "fire Dom" threads.

9. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Victor started in Victor's place. Seth is Victor's backup right now.

10. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

Dom Capers has been given 5 years to make a solid team, and make a contender... which we are now, we have a chance to at the least, be a winning club for the first time barring significant injuries. its all progress. if we break into the playoffs this year, or next year, you will see Dom stay around a few more years. Dom has done nothing to show us that this team isn't headed in the right direction... and to put all the blame on Dom's shoulders for his defense getting ran on last night, there is a D Coordinator, oh and a little thing called players, they are supposed to be the ones making the plays out there.

ummm going from 4-12, to 5-11, to 7-9... is progress

11. Walter Belhaven

Walter Belhaven Rookie

I don't think Capers is the long term solution for this team but I agree with this statement.

You can't judge ANYTHING by watching a preseason game.

12. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

C'mon guys don't y'all know that we were destined to win the Super Bowl last year, and only reason we didn't was because of Capers. :brickwall

The team has increased its win total each year, played significantly better each year, and most of the NFL experts (analyists and other FO types) say Capers is the best man to start a new franchise. I may agree that this is the year for Capers, but these threads are pointless now; and will be even more pointless if this teams leaves up to expectation.

ANd how many of y'all think Capers is gameplanning/coaching during the preseason games? Cause I really don't think he is.

13. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

yes until we see a decline in talent and wins i see no reason to make any changes to our teams staff.

14. JacksonvilleJaguar4

JacksonvilleJaguar4 Rookie

I also am not so high on Capers I think you guys should have gotten someone else to be your coach and if they playoffs are not reached by you guys this year Capers is gone I would believe

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I would expect an answer like that from a Jaguars fan. Seriously, what would you rather have the other up and coming team in your division do?

a) Fire their coach and bring in someone new who'll "reset" damn near everything ala Butch Davis in Cleveland or

b) Hang in there and not freak because the team only reached .500 or a game over, hold the course and continue to improve.

We'd all like a basket case franchise in our division to pick on but don't count on the Texans becoming one in the AFC South. That title officially belongs to the Oile....err Titans.

16. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

Excellent post.

17. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Why does everyone keep saying "its time to show progress" ?????

Our stats have been better every year (in most catagories) and our Win - Loss ratio has improved every year.

that is the very definition of progress.

Dont say "its time to show progress" when you really mean "its time to be one of the best teams in the league"

We were an expansion team... it took us two years just to become as good as the worst team in the league. The normal rebuilding phase for a team is about 5 years.. we are going to do it in 3 (2 years to get on par, 3 years to become good).

at least give capes his 5 years before you call for his head.

18. Blake

Blake MMQB

This thread is a joke.

I love the threads that start out... "The Texans Suck, but dont get me wrong, Im a huge fan"

Classic Houston Texans Fan post. Wait until we go down in our Win total before you start with the "Capers gotta go" threads.

19. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

thats funny, i just replied to a post like that DC :)

thats gotta be one of the best quotes right there. We have nothing to be excited about.. every aspect of our team sucks. Im a huge fan. lol

20. Texizgreat

Texizgreat Veteran

Toro#8 .... I hear the CowBoys Need some more HUGE fans....