Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What are the odds of beating Tennessee?

nut

Veteran
We might have to face them in a first round playoff game if Cinnci or NYJ don't get in. If we play run only again, we are going to be toast next weekend. Everybody knows Kubiak doesn't want Yates to throw the ball more than 1 yd downfield, but the Tittz might hammer us if we don't. Back to back losses to the Tittz would be unbearable. It could happen.

Slim and none.......

Oh, and I heard Slim packed his bags and left town.

I kid... We win. Book it!

Well, using recent history for a guide...

Colts dominated the Titans -- 20-6 with less than 4 minutes to go.

Colts just nipped the Texans at the end of the game.

Sooooo ........ we have a chance.

Not if we played on offense like we did last night. We haven't scored more than 20 since Schaub went down. The offense needs to get its act together or we are going to be embarrassed at home in the first round.

If i was in charge the titans will be playing our. B and c team. With nothing but vinnilla. Plays

Why we are playing for. Nothing and the titans might be playing for there playoff lives. I dont want more of our players gettin injured.

At this point we're playing for pride. We DO NOT want to go into a playoff game on a 3 game losing streak. Our egos were heavily inflated and we were feeling pretty good and a rookie QB for the Panthers and our former 3rd string QB just popped it with a knife.

Why we are playing for. Nothing
We're playing to dominate and humiliate our hated division rivals.

We're playing because our team still needs to learn to not let up when you have your opponent down and your foot on their neck.

Mail this one in, and you'll mail the rest of them in.

We might have to face them in a first round playoff game if Cinnci or NYJ don't get in. If we play run only again, we are going to be toast next weekend. Everybody knows Kubiak doesn't want Yates to throw the ball more than 1 yd downfield, but the Tittz might hammer us if we don't. Back to back losses to the Tittz would be unbearable. It could happen.

Not sure where you get the "back to back loses to the Tittz" from. My memory tells me we stomped their guts out 41-7 in week 7 this year, and we did it in their house!

We're playing to dominate and humiliate our hated division rivals.

We're playing because our team still needs to learn to not let up when you have your opponent down and your foot on their neck.

Mail this one in, and you'll mail the rest of them in.

Agreed, but lets not forget WHO we are playing, I could see Bud "implying" to the players to intentionally injure some key players (as if enough aren't down as is) just to crush that much more hope of us being more than one and done.

I'm worried more about what that dirty SOB organization has planned than as stands now would be a potential meaningless win/loss.

The Texans should know entering the game if they're still in the hunt for a bye. If not, i would like to see them treat this game as if it were preseason. Foster and Aj on the bench. Give Yates a half, and let him run some 2 minute drills. Let Jake get the snaps in the 2nd half. Get guys like Braman, Maehl, and Harris plenty of pt. Most importantly, don't risk an injured player.

Not sure where you get the "back to back loses to the Tittz" from. My memory tells me we stomped their guts out 41-7 in week 7 this year, and we did it in their house!

If we lose to them in week 17 and then get them for a playoff game.

Honestly they are playing for pride and momentum more than anything.

They just lost to the Colts, a team that won one game before. The only 10+ win team to lose to a 1 win team, etc etc.

This is pretty embarrassing. Now folks are saying you (as in a Texan player) are just first round fodder. You can't do it. I'm even hearing the whole "They only won the division because Manning is hurt." trash i've heard before the run. (Like the Texans have had no major injuries...) I think they'll be fired up for this game.

At this point we're playing for pride. We DO NOT want to go into a playoff game on a 3 game losing streak. Our egos were heavily inflated and we were feeling pretty good and a rookie QB for the Panthers and our former 3rd string QB just popped it with a knife.

I know. I know. I know. But the Saints went into the playoffs they won the Super Bowl losing three straight.

I'm not sure how important it is to get into the playoffs with momentum.

The Texans should know entering the game if they're still in the hunt for a bye. If not, i would like to see them treat this game as if it were preseason. Foster and Aj on the bench. Give Yates a half, and let him run some 2 minute drills. Let Jake get the snaps in the 2nd half. Get guys like Braman, Maehl, and Harris plenty of pt. Most importantly, don't risk an injured player.

I like this line of thinking. But, Gary Kubiak is in need of the reps as much as anyone on the team. Dude needs to learn how to win.

I agree with everyone, that the last two are on him... but I also think the 10 wins are on him as well (but that was with a different team).

He needs his team out there & he needs to figure out how to win.

It depends. If Wade returns, our odds are 50-50. If AJ comes back to play, I would think we have at least a 60-40 chance.* Otherwise, I wouldn't give us a 5% chance.

*Assuming we aren't going to play the B/C team.

Look, everyone is frustrated and disappointed. But, come on! The Texans would have a very good chance to be Tennessee. Having Andre back would help. Let's not jump off the bridge.

Well, before the Indy game I predicted we'd beat the Colts and "might" lose to the Titans. Now I have no freaking idea of what might happen.

Well, before the Indy game I predicted we'd beat the Colts and "might" lose to the Titans. Now I have no freaking idea of what might happen.

I've been in, "I have no freaking idea" mode since after the Oakland game.

I've just been enjoying the ride & it's been a hell of a ride, one I think is far from over.

Something special is happening in Houston Thorn.

& I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when it's all said & done.

I've been in, "I have no freaking idea" mode since after the Oakland game.

I've just been enjoying the ride & it's been a hell of a ride, one I think is far from over.

Something special is happening in Houston Thorn.

& I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when it's all said & done.

Right now I'm wearing my long sleve Texan AFC South Champion T-shirt, just breaking it in. I'm going to have it on for the Titans game and our very first playoff game. Whatever happens is good with me. The damn deck has been stacked against us this year, so I'm taking what I get.

Right now I'm wearing my long sleve Texan AFC South Champion T-shirt, just breaking it in. I'm going to have it on for the Titans game and our very first playoff game. Whatever happens is good with me. The damn deck has been stacked against us this year, so I'm taking what I get.

Hey!
Where'd you get a long-sleeved one!!
Tell!! TELL!!!
:gotexans1

Hey!
Where'd you get a long-sleeved one!!
Tell!! TELL!!!
:gotexans1

Very COOL!

GO TO FOOTBALLFANATICS.COM

thumb.aspx

Houston Texans 2011 AFC South Division Champions Locker Room Long Sleeve T-Shirt - White

In Stock (sizes S-XL) - Receive by December 30th

Price: $23.95 Order today, receive no later than Friday, December 30th.
Some limitations apply

$4.99 3-day shipping. (you can get it overnite or 2-day delivery also)

Similar deal on HoustonTexans.com and Academy.com (Academy carries up to XXL), but both of these stores are without emphasis of receipt by Dec 30

Very COOL!

GO TO FOOTBALLFANATICS.COM

thumb.aspx

Houston Texans 2011 AFC South Division Champions Locker Room Long Sleeve T-Shirt - White

In Stock (sizes S-XL) - Receive by December 30th

Price: $23.95 Order today, receive no later than Friday, December 30th.
Some limitations apply

$4.99 3-day shipping. (you can get it overnite or 2-day delivery also)

Similar deal on HoustonTexans.com and Academy.com (Academy carries up to XXL), but both of these stores are without emphasis of receipt by Dec 30

I got mine at the go Texans store in the Bud Plaza. They were also at Academy.

Thanks fellow fans. I'm going make an Academy run first thing in the morning.
:turtle:

And the odds of beating Tennessee are pretty good
...especially if our twelth man shows up loud and strong.

Back